Can Winston get a buff now too?

I mean it is.

Tanks need to be about 20-30% more popular to make a dent in queue times.

And buffs are a very direct way to do that.

And it’s not like 2-2-2 needs to worry about Tank stacking

1 Like

Winston needs some shields, just like Hammond. That would be so great.

1 Like

How about this. Winston with two guns. eh? and instead of his gorilla hopping that he calls walking he sprints at his enemies

I think Winston is fine, he has been buffed a lot during goat era, it’s just that he hasn’t found in place in a dive meta since then.

I expect it to change with the DVA buff, the Genji buff and the Brigitte nerf.

Not sure and maybe he’ll be next to ge buffed, but for now I suggest they don’t buff Winston before we see how the current game goes because we could end up with a UBER strong dive composition.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Zenyatta Discord bypassed enemy barriers.

That would kick Dive into high gear.

Let Winston activate primal when stunned/freezed/slept.

6 Likes

That’s a really good one. A small buff but could make a big difference.

That…
Actually makes a lot of sense.

Lore appropriate too.

He should punch for 50 damage.

Stop buffing, start scaling back.

1 Like

That would do 100 damage with a punch land combo. Activate primal and that is 2 more hits and a jet pack to kill a squishy in like 3 seconds.

He needs a third ability or an alt ability or a passive or literally anything his kit is so empty and mindless, leap over place a barrier do mediocre damage and then leap away without making any impac, he needs more depth to his playstyle

3 Likes

His playstyle seems simple at first but there are many mechanics you need to learn like primal juggling and bubble dancing. If you watch pro winstons like fearless play him there is a lot they do.

Winston lives with Dva. He can work with ball, but has NOTHING to defend him, considering how squishy he is. He NEEDS a dva or a zarya to do good work, and zarya can only provide him one bubble and that’s it. Dva gives him a lot of support so he can be useful.

Basically, wait and see what happens if these Dva buffs go through.

1 Like

If the Brig nerf goes through, you can consider that a pretty nice indirect buff for Winston

He still doesn’t like Brig, but at least he’ll stand a better chance against her heal targets

1 Like

I mean in lore he has an ability called “Primal Punch” So maybe just give him that ability xD

Any buffs to Winston should come with a barrier nerf.

I only say it from a place of love (and also indignation at the fact that he has a better barrier than Orisa for the initial engagement!)

Similar win rate and pick rate as DVA (both trash win and pick rate for both). Because they both suck

2 Likes

pick rate and winrate have nothing to do with how viable a hero is, its just how people are playing them. just look at sombra. low winrate because people are bad at her. plus, those numbers dont include private profiles so they arent even real statistics

1 Like

and half cc effect on him during ult

1 Like