Can Winston get a buff now too?

His playstyle seems simple at first but there are many mechanics you need to learn like primal juggling and bubble dancing. If you watch pro winstons like fearless play him there is a lot they do.

Winston lives with Dva. He can work with ball, but has NOTHING to defend him, considering how squishy he is. He NEEDS a dva or a zarya to do good work, and zarya can only provide him one bubble and thatā€™s it. Dva gives him a lot of support so he can be useful.

Basically, wait and see what happens if these Dva buffs go through.

1 Like

If the Brig nerf goes through, you can consider that a pretty nice indirect buff for Winston

He still doesnā€™t like Brig, but at least heā€™ll stand a better chance against her heal targets

1 Like

I mean in lore he has an ability called ā€œPrimal Punchā€ So maybe just give him that ability xD

Any buffs to Winston should come with a barrier nerf.

I only say it from a place of love (and also indignation at the fact that he has a better barrier than Orisa for the initial engagement!)

Similar win rate and pick rate as DVA (both trash win and pick rate for both). Because they both suck

2 Likes

pick rate and winrate have nothing to do with how viable a hero is, its just how people are playing them. just look at sombra. low winrate because people are bad at her. plus, those numbers dont include private profiles so they arent even real statistics

1 Like

and half cc effect on him during ult

1 Like

Actually, that wouldnā€™t be a bad idea at all because that shield he carries gets damaged by stray bullets anyways so it would be much better to have some personal shields

Sounds a lot of fun too.

Let Winston climb - and give him some armor, or shield-mechanic like doom has.

More damage to NPC things would be good. Like his laser kills torbs turret 100% faster or something. And then give him a little more armour as he is too squishy

1 Like

Winston is not a terrible tank, he is just difficult to play.

1 Like

Why play Winston and struggle more when you could just play Rein lol

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t hate a 5-10DPS increase since Mercy got the 5HPS increase. Itā€™s nigh impossible for Winston to kill anyone :confused:

1 Like

Winstons more fun. 20chars

1 Like

This would be the most logical change. Give him some help in the damage department.

Dont think so. Unlike him even after nerfs she still dont get instantly deleted.

winston is already one of the most played owl tanks, and before the current bans his pickrate was pretty comparable to orisaā€™s and sigmaā€™s

owl is not clamoring for massive buffs to him like people on ladder. he isnā€™t relatively idiotproof like rein is and is a lot harder to use so thereā€™s not much reason to run him on ladder when you can just run easier tanks instead

oh and the clip is really dishonest because the lucio is being armored by a brig while also amping it up and i donā€™t think blizz will buff him against armor after they just hardnerfed brigā€™s armor

Less armor, stronger winston.
Less stun, stronger winston.
Stronger dva, stronger winston.

All of this applies to ball tooā€¦ curious to see which wins out, but my gut says ball.