Can we test experimental card changes in a practice range?

Thinking about enhancing the Experimental Card experience, I think it would be nice if the team could take a look at the “While You Wait” feature while queueing for Experimental.

I find it very odd that you enter the Experimental Mode, yet while you wait for a match, you play the Practice Range, Skirmish or Deathmatch without any of the Experimental changes.

For Custom Games I can see the problem, but the 3 other modes could have the Experimental changes enabled for the players to, well… experiment with them! Call them “Experimental Practice Range”, “Experimental Skirmish” and “Experimental Deathmatch”, if you will.

While we’re on the topic of Practice Range…

Can we please have a skin preview/test run feature in the Practice Range? Would be nice to have a taste on how a specific skin looks/feels like in game before we hit that unlock button.

2 Likes

Please take these changes into consideration and Possibly Reply -

MEI - Turn her Current secondary fire into Primary fire , kind of like Mccree and use Current Primary fire , on CD ,to increase her speed a bit ,by creating an icy path ,so the aspect of her punishing enemies still remains

SOMBRA - should only be able to choose to hack One of the abilities , Not ALL of them making the hacked hero a Sitting Duck , no room for Fairplay / Counterplay there

TURRETS - The very Concept goes against Players actually having skill and putting effort , AI / game itself Helps them rather than doing it themselves, FREE VALUE , They Pressurize the enemies Not the Players Themselves

MOIRA - Should NEED to aim to do dmg , Remove Dmg orb That has a mind of its Own which Gives EASY value and ult charge

Dude if sombra killed you 1 times its no good reason for post on forum her nerfs

Dangerio , Ok , i’m bronze if u say so , but just to clarify do u at least agree with the rest ??

Clearly u made some Assumptions , but tell me ,What Part of Hack can u say , can be categorized under FAIRPLAY , an Ability that Literally Takes Away Yours And Can Sneak up on u to do it AND can do it From a Distance , Makes u Completely Powerless and please don’t say something as dumb as "Just kill her before she hacks or avoid her "

Because I’m looking at it CONCEPTUALLY as an ability , If u think the Following Example Doesn’t apply to her then i won’t waste Anymore time with u -
in a Boxing/UFC Fight , the guy TIES his opponent’s arms and Legs and wins

Sombra is sitting at a whopping 41% winrate in bronze. Like, just by picking her the enemy is countering themselves.

You think those Bronze Players Themselves have Nothing to do with it ? In terms of the Decisions They make ?

Sombra struggles in all ranks, this is not bronze exclusive. Just wanted to point out that in bronze in particular shes really really bad.

Well , Different factors come into in play in Different ranks , but why Exactly do you think she does bad ?

and you think if she Does bad In terms of Win rate Alone , her abilities are fine ??

She has alot of downtime issue. Her hack utility which is there to compensate for lack of damage and incombat mobility is unreliable due to being canceled by small chip dmg and requires set up time which further increases the downtime issue. The reduced duration to 5 seconds makes it very hard to coordinate team follow up.

Team follow up is Irrelevant here , same goes for a Lot of heroes .

dps have various playstyles , so the Downtime is a Non-issue , because she can get Huge Value with 1 or 2 Picks
and no , she Does Enough dmg at mid range and you don’t compensate lack of mobility with something as Unfair/skill less as Hack - Boom , u can’t do Anything now , also , she can Translocate Twice Now , so , easy escape

I can only HOPE you’re not defending her because she’s your main

Team follow up does matter, because she doesnt get the job done by herself. Yes down time is an issue. If you leave your team 5v6 most of the time then youre bound to lose the tamfight.
She does dmg, but its weak compared to her other dps competition. Hack is not unfair as you can cancel its with any form of chip dmg, Throw a Moira orb in the general direction of Sombra and she cant do anything.
Translocating out for escape is nice, but once again she cant help her team that way.
I’m defending her because shes objectively weak. There are other heroes i play and call them out if they are too strong.

I Said team follow up is Irrelevant here because that’s True All Heroes not just Sombra
Killing AT LEAST ONE enemy by Flanking / Hacking IS her job which she gets Done Easily

If u Do That And escape It IS 5v5 and if you hack Just one more enemy before u leave That’s 5v4 in ur Favor since the Hacked enemy Can’t do a Thing to save his life

Regardless of how her dmg compares to other dps , It IS Enough to kill

What’s her Specialty ?? Sneaking up on u , she can EASILY hack u from behind AND from a distance

she can get TON of value for the team with a Single kill or even Just One hack
u hack zen - no Trans , hack lucio - No beat / amp and there’s A lot More - Ton of value
Dmg Orb isn’t That big of an obstacle for her to not be able to Hack ANYONE

Well thats the thing, she cant kill at least 1 enemy by herself. Shes not good at doing that. She has comparably low damage and no incombat mobility to avoid damage. Translocator removes her from the fight altogether.

No , it’s Too easy for her to kill At least a 200 hp hero , You can’t even kill Single enemy on your own ? Well, That’s doesn’t mean the Hero is the one who’s Weak

and like i said , that’s Her Playstyle - u kill someone or two , Get out , Mission Accomplished

And again , lack of mobility is not a justification for Hack ,

did you read my reply to the other guy ? the example i gave at the end

I’d recomment to you picking her up and experience for yourself.

Yes i have Experienced her , I’m not hating Blindly

You have 0 comp minutes on her.

ok man , i can only explain u so much
i Countered Each And Every Point u made about her Specifically

Nothing i said is Inaccurate , I said i’m looking at it from a character design view point
But tell me , in a scale of 1 - 10 , How Hard/Difficult it is for sombra to kill a 200 hp enemy , if u say That Value is high , then sombra is not the one who’s weak

You didnt counter my points, you just said it didnt matter.