Can we stop with the Mercy spam?

Mega-threads are used to shut people up. At this point the problem has stemmed too far, it isn’t pointless to keep talking about this, what they’re actually doing is a problem.

1 Like

Probably because the responses we get usually counter-act what they actually do to balance the game, and probably because they genuinely have no clue what they’re doing.

2 Likes

I would agree, normal threads is way healthier than megathreads.

If they could find a way to tag Mercy posts, that would be the best.

Yes, they are used to shut people up. And it’s good, because, to put it bluntly, you guys are year overdue to shut up already.

Also, again. If devs ignore you, as you claim - why do you think spamming will make them change their mind?

2 Likes

Is this another thread about Mercy? :thinking:

1 Like

No

Despite she was out of meta in Season 2, and that’s where all Mercy mains want her to fall, with changes. It isn’t unreasonable.
I’m sorry you fail to see that this rework completely gutted a fun to play hero after 13 nerfs.

but i mean hey
successful btw haHAA

1 Like

I mean, when has that worked for Blizzard though? When has Blizzard responded directly to massive outrage? When has Blizzard ever responded on a thread where someone was angry at Blizzard for something they’ve done?

The last post from Jeff was on July 12. Almost a full month ago. Since, we’ve had 6 posts, largely about lore and OWL, from the developers.

Even when they can’t respond, a “We’re working on it” would be nice from them.

But this is getting grossly off topic. Need to focus on the fact that Mercy players continue to spam the forums.

I don’t know where you’re getting this from. Just because they haven’t responded or something? Even though they have?

How is it a problem?

Balancing choices change from patch to patch. Before Brigitte released, I’m sure there were lots of ideas that could have worked. This is the same premise behind not making any major changes shortly before/after a hero’s release or rework.

They absolutely know what they’re doing (most of the time). Game balance is hard. If you’ve ever made one or talked to any developer whatsoever, they’ll tell you how hard balance is.

No this is a thread about Mercy player’s spamming about Mercy changes when they have a designated Mercy megathread to put all those topics/posts into.

That was season 2. Over 8 seasons ago. Over 2 years ago.

The game is massively different now. Reverts are off the table.

So, you want Mercy to be trash pick again. You want her to be so bad that the only buff devs concocted back in the day - invul rez - pushed her into obnoxious category, and then, eventually, led to the rework you so hate. Only so you can get your shiny toy back, that big part of playerbase didn’t even witness at this point.

Amazing. Really shows how much mercy spammers really care about balance.

5 Likes

It’s not good, because shutting someone up basically is a big “FK YOU” to their face. After as big of a flop as Mercy’s rework was, with no actual fixes that mean anything, how in the hell do you expect people to shut up?
We want her fixed.
We aren’t a year overdue.
The only thing a year overdue is an actual fix to Mercy. That’s whats overdue.
Also, devs can’t ignore you if your voice is louder, ever think of that? We’re tired of waiting for them to continue their useless nerfs.

There isn’t a megathread. Not anymore

Oops.

I guess they realized how much it wasn’t working or going with the players.

We need a mega thread. But when the megathread is consistently being locked, it’s clearly not working.

1 Like

So there isn’t a megathread.
Thanks the others players that continue flagging it :slight_smile:

I actually think the megathread just created a ton of resentment without really providing terribly good feedback.

It’s probably for the best they aren’t using the megathread.

She is ten times more fun that old Mercy.

I don’t know what are your people taking about it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t happen if Overwatch team was still coming here and was actually listening . So I don’t blame those topics. I blame the people in charge.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what people want, so she isn’t overpowered. Also, she wasn’t completely a trash pick. The difference was you actually had to get better to make her work. A dead Mercy = a Mercy that will never rez.
This isn’t hard to understand.
No one wants invulnerability back.
If you need to read up and get a lesson on everything (since you seem like you need to do some reading as you seem clueless) may I suggest Titanium’s Thread?

Also, it’s not a shiny toy, its a hero we actually want to be balanced. :wink:

2 Likes

You don’t want her fixed, as mercy spammers collectively demonstrated over the year. You just want mass rez back. And you’ll claim anything, absolutely anything to force your point of view.

You used to claim pre-nerf Valk is bad.
You used to claim single rez is weak and useless.
You used to claim pre-nerf Valk was OP.
You used to claim post-nerf Valk is worst ultimate in game.
You used to claim that mercy is useless and unplayable post Valk nerf.
Then, when her pickrates established, you started claiming how OP she is still
And now some of you even complain how current Valk is OP as well.

And then one of you has the nerve to make videos about developers hypocrisy. Truly astounding.

2 Likes

I think megathreads are good for containment and helpful prevention of spam.

They’re also good to be sure the devs aren’t looking in 500 different places to find feedback and it’s all right there.

When it turns bad, it’s generally because the players it’s designed for aren’t using it. The devs still frequently had to go out of their way to find Mercy feedback, move it to the megathread, and then read the feedback.

But now instead of them doing all of that, we just have 1000 topics about Mercy’s balance being made every 24 hours. The non-mercy players on the forums suffer as well as the developers.

1 Like

Sorry but they aren’t, it’s clear to everyone the balancing team could actually manage back then. As long as the community of Mercy player’s is concerned, a revert is never off the table. This has all gone on long enough.