Can we revert the beam buff?

Last time I checked 2 seconds don’t equate to a millisecond but i could be wrong smh

2 Likes

Sure, but if Zarya had been bug fixed from the start, would her damage have been nerfed by now?

With a bit of patience, a pocketed Symmetra can do wonders. Charge fully first.

Why would she break through it? She can just charge off it and walk around it. Or through it. She can charge off people too, just better to charge on barriers if possible to save a full clip for the people.

Yeah, good luck with that. The barrier spam easily outshields her at ful charge, getting through double barrier at all is incredibly difficult, you’re not going to reasonably get pocketed, there’s pressure on the healers because everyone’s getting nuked because the game still just has too much burst, and Sym can literally die in an absolute instant (even while pocketed) to almost everything in the game.

It’s simply too disgustingly easy for almost anyone at all to kill her.

… Walk around it? Walk where? Where would she go? Most of the time people are playing as 6. Most enemies are forward, and any enemy that isn’t is so insanely hyper mobile that even turrets can’t auto-target them fast enough. So your options are typically: Pressure shield, or pressure shield (that still has value though).
Go through it? … Into the enemy team? Try that. You’ll die instantly if targeted. That’s the trick, really: Hope your team actually pushes with you, and hope for some support, and hope you don’t get targeted (or even worse, focused), and try not to die instantly to literally anything.

Well I mean, you use your common sense and push with your group or find an opening to make picks. Even if you rush in and get a pick, if you get focused, you’ve turned their backs to your team so…

I won’t say anything about damage just yet - but any attempts of dodging beams ( like you would with hitscan/projectile) are useless now. Might as well stand still.

I’m glad Symmetra can be a proper DPS’er now, but I am a bit worried about Zarya.

Zarya always had one of the highest average damage in the game, even more than most DPS’ers, so I’m afraid she deals a bit too much damage now with this bug fix.

Just for the sake of argument, it was not a buff but a “bug fix”

They didn’t nerf her beam damage for the pros, and professional players tend to have perfect tracking, so why would they nerf it for us plebians?

I don’t know but don’t be surprised if her damage is nerfed in the near future.

if i’m not mistaken the proc is 2.4 seconds of 100% accuracy, so it usually takes about 3-3.5 seconds taking accuracy into account.

No offense, but can the OP read? It’s a BUG FIX not a BUFF. There’s a difference.

Don’t feed her means you just have to play smarter. I had a Winston in a game the other day that would not stop jumping on my head and dropping a shield trying to kill me. I would then charge up my beam on his shield and then proceed to melt him and his team. He then blames his dps for not killing me when he was the one charging me up in the first place. If he had either:
A. Chose a different target to dive since he clearly couldn’t dive me or
B. Swapped to a tank that I couldn’t charge up on
He would have had more success. But instead he never figured it out and continued to try the same tactic over and over getting mad in chat and not realizing he was the reason I was melting them in the first place.

It doesn’t mean don’t play. It means play smarter.

1 Like

Technically, it’s both. It’s a “bug fix” that allows their weapons to work as intented, but they are way stronger than before, so it could still be classified as buff.

It’s easy to eliminate her if she’s playing aggressively.

Yeah thing is, it’s still really noticable for me in high masters, low gm

wiki says 1 second for each stage and I’m pretty sure it was that so 2 seconds at best.

They never extended it.

they didn’t increase the damage.

What they did was fix a bug that made the gun do less damage if it disconnected with the target, even if only for a second. She only seems good because everyone is Playing double shield/Sigma two heroes and Strats she hard counters. If you want her to have no use then get off Sigma and play an off tank like Hog or Zarya.

no offense intended but what’s your average accuracy? like i said, no offense just curious. also i honestly still cannot agree with it since it just lowers the skill cap. i mean they could elevate the skill floor tho: they said that the beam fix increases tracking tolerance

they could just lower the window to 0.1 second instead of 0.15 to increase the skill floor rather than lower the skill ceiling which would happen if they just lower the max damage /shrug

1 Like