Can we revert the beam buff?

You don’t even have to aim with them anymore and they still melt you. Hell im getting Zaryas and Syms literally only moving their mouse left and right (not even aiming) and I still die before I can even do 200-400 damage to them.

3 Likes

Or… We lower the overall damage a little

3 Likes

oooooor we leave it how it is.
you stop feeding zarya and sym

27 Likes

heh funny…
she can charge when break turrets shields and anything else, try to not feed her - means dont play? xD

She only needs to target you for like a millisecond before the full damage procs. It is ridic.

1 Like

this makes no sense

when you pull out your sheild notice her charging up and kill her then since she’ll often hide to do it and wont expect to be flanked.
if you’re sigma go through the shield and rock her world.
if you’re rein drop the shield slap her once being back the shield and redo until she dies
if she gets pocketed get help from your team
if youre on winston, make her your priority when you flank. then you have a free bubble before she respawns and comes back and thus a free dive 6v5

Zarya revert a bit, Sym no. And by revert a bit I just mean… unfix the bug like 50% if that’s even possible.

It was a bugfix not a buff.

6 Likes

It’s both. Why do people think it can only be one or the other?

3 Likes

Playing symmetra last night, she is incredibly broken.
I got 4 triple kills and a quad in my first two games.

The combination of her extended range and increased damage is literally gamebreaking, everyone will be playing sym soon as she will be the best DPS.

3 Likes

She’s been a brute for a long time, people just failed to see it until now. What I mean is, she was always able to get quad kills and burn down multiple people the same as she can now, it just took better aim before.

2 Likes

can’t really agree to this. devs admitted that the beam fix affected higher rank players less. meaning the more accurate you already were prior to the fix, the less you’d notice or the less the beam fix would affect you. so lowering the overall damage hurts those that were never really affected by the fix

I don’t think so.

20 char.

1 Like

yeah but now it’s way way too easy.

Always been easy for those with the skills and even if she’s reverted, the beast has been awoken. People with skill who now realise how good she is will still use her, just with a higher skill cap. You won’t be able to match them unless you can aim as good. At least this way you can match the power of the more skilled players, but if there is a revert, she will dominate on a level which is inaccessible to most players.

Then your positioning is way off. I don’t know about Sym, but Zarya needs 2 things before she can become deadly.

1. You must damage her when her shields are up.
  2. You must be going head to head with her, while still being in her effective range and while you see her glowing (meaning 100% beam charge damage).

That is a You problem and not the character’s problem.

3 Likes

But… it’s literally how they were intended to be played; you can argue about whether it was a needed buff or not, but they fixed a bug meaning they were not performing how the game designers intended them to be played…

Zarya needs a nerf for sure.

Symmetra is currently what keeps people from going insane by the amount of shields in the game.

We need her until they fix this shieldfeast first.

Ironically, her ultimate is a giant shield too but oh well, that’s Overwatch right now.

4 Likes

Double barrier still eats Sym alive. Even she can’t break through it with Sigma.