Can we just Stop this

Funnily enough, because a friend of mine verbally reported it and it was deleted.

This topic was made to “combat” the toxicity that Mercy’s are seeing. Yet when players make threads about the toxicity Mercy’s are dealing, we aren’t allowed? Lol. okay.

:scream::scream::scream::scream:
But…but…the IMMENSE game sense and tactical positioning only required by esteemed mercy player :cold_sweat: :sweat_smile:

you’ve gone out for your way to derail neon’s post.

I respectively ask you to leave and return to your own thread.

Again, you’re clearly not happy about how this turned out. I have to ask what you thought was going to happen when you launched your opening salvo this morning. Did you not think that declaring a war against a segment of the community was going to result in people turning against you?

Again, it’s just a video game. There is no need for such juvenile antics.

2 Likes

So it wasn’t you that’s made these lovely accusations about Mercy mains, or me in particular?

What lovely things to say about someone, let’s see how they try and turn this accusation into “I’m the victim” :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

Hey, if I wanna be nipples to Mercy players, you can’t stop me.

4 Likes

I do have a screenshot from discord where I linked the ‘Mercy spammers are cult members’ thread, though. That was a very disgusting thing that happened in order to entrap players who held a certain belief.

(image of swat team breaking down the door)

1 Like

I actually addressed this a few days ago for someone else who didn’t understand how balance can effect fun without changing the specific mechanics, though that thread has since been deleted.

We’ll start with Mercy as an example, and I’ll move on to other examples that I’m also familiar with.

At first glance, the change doesn’t seem like it should effect how much fun a player has. The character still plays the same mechanically, still fills the same role, the numbers are just different now.

However there’s a couple reasons why this is false. The first specifically applied to Mercy. With less healing means you will be less likely to save a team mate actively being attacked and more time spent topping people off. This means less time to safely heal team mates and then swap to damage boost, pistol, or even go to rez without risking someone else’s death. This specifically changes how Mercy players play without changing the mechanics.

And that’s not necessarily a bad thing on its own. But there’s another factor what makes a character enjoyable, whether it be overwatch, a moba, fps, rpg, or some other game.

And that is the character’s effectiveness. Now I hear you, you’re probably thinking “how good they are should not effect how someone enjoys a character. They either like them because they like them or they want to be OP.”

And for some (very few) people, this is true. But I haven’t found that to be the case with the vast majority of players. Instead, I have noticed the opposite to be true. People do genuinely love a character for either their themes or how they play.

But part of appreciating that means also being effective. No one wants to feel useless, regardless of whether you love a character or not. If a character is hit too hard, and they are too weak to effectively do their job, that effects the fun players will have. If other characters are able to perform the same role much more efficiently, you’re going to have unhappy players on your hands.

I’ll use D&D as an example as I love it and I’m familiar with it. One of the secrets a lot of DMs use but don’t tell the players is they want you to feel powerful. Feeling powerful feels good. This is why often players can be rewarded with magic items that enhance their strengths even further.

D&D 5th edition had a similar with a subclass for the ranger, the Beast Master. It is a super cool theme where you get a trusted animal companion. You can fight side by side. Hacking and slashing, tooth and claw! Or you can play a more hound master style character and shoot from afar while your trusted beast goes in for the kill!

Except… the subclass sucks. Hard. It’s so bad, you can actually get an animal companion as any class and the rulebook has a section for giving levels and xp to such companions. Literally any other class combination can do what the beast master does, but better.

Even if a player might like the mechanics that come with being a ranger, it feels absolutely awful when youare the bottom of the barrel because you cannot effectively do your job and others outshine you.

Back to Mercy specifically, I understand she needs to be balanced. I held this opinion before the nerf and I hold it now. Her healing was fine. It was good. She’s the classic doctor, she should have good healing.

Her rez is her issue. I don’t think hammering at her kit until she’s no longer busted to just keep the rez is worth it.

1 Like

Of which it was directed at me lol. There’s no denying that Mercy’s think I called them a cult which was OP’s main point.

Also Undertone is getting bashed on by OP for a post they’ve made.

Again, I lead you to the prime numbers example. 3 and 7 are prime positive integers. They aren’t the same but are similar. Mercy spammers act like cults in some ways. They aren’t the same but are similar.

I’m not sure how much clearer this could be.

No. I want this fiasco to be over with. I’d take a throw pick but FUN mercy. Then Imma just remain silent. I’d support people’s decisions (if they are decent+) for other heroes, as long as Mercy is fun to play. Which she isn’t right now. To me she is number 1 priority. I’m glad ana has finally taken the spotlight, but Mercy’s corpse is just slowly rotting away at this point.

We want mass res with NERFS. LoS, cast time. And no invulnerability. I don’t get what’s wrong. Mercy players will have fun, people can counter it and HideNRez Wouldnt be a thing.

OK lets bring up the stats. Her overall winrate is 48.94%, the fourth worst in the entire game. At the same time she is not fun. Other supports are fine as they are, even more so after the changes. As I said I’m glad other supports have taken the spotlight, but I want the Hero I bought the game for to be fun. Not OP, just fun.

That’s bannable, I’d recommend you edit it.

I meant another intimate part XD

you ask and you receive.

1 Like

Ironic that you posted that Bill Clinton gif, as you are now in effect arguing about what the definition of ‘is’ is.

Maybe it’s time to turn off the computer for awhile.

1 Like

Sandity, you are a beacon of light in this bleak forum.

1 Like

You are like a Foreign Invader in some ways. I will not state which ways, just know, that you are in some ways like a Foreign Invader. They are not the same, but they are similar. I’m not sure how much clearer this could be.

2 Likes

I try to keep everybody’s sanity bars above an average at least.

memes are a good way of doing that <3

but alas random people gotta derail peaceful threads for no reason xd

also this

2 Likes

The only thing clear… Is that you have been calling Mercy mains “cultists” and accusing them as “acting like they are within a cult”, making threads expressing prejudice against Mercy mains in general, and sabotaging topics that don’t agree with you just so you can eventually get them closed.

I’m not saying that everything that Mercy mains do is right, but you’re certainly no saint either, and the way you’ve been behaving recently has been nothing short of unacceptable.

That sprinkles, is toxic behavior. And based on your past actions, you truly are giving Ana mains a bad reputation on these forums. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

Here we go again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for providing another source of him refering to us as cultists. If only he a had a bit bigger dictionary.

5 Likes

That’s the truth.

It’s just so silly that so many people take things on like a mission and try their hardest in order to harm someone’s image over video game balance?? Oh god, someone on the internet thinks different, I have to sound intellectually superior and brawl with them over it!

My dude. Drink water. Go outside. Breathe.

(and watch some dank memes because going outside for too long = bugs)

(… oprah gif of bees?)