Can we have a actual scoreboard?

Supports peeled for - accounted for in damage and elims
teams split is irrelevant
This is a KDA game. Just because it doesnt function the same way COD does doesn’t make it NOT a KDA game.

The game appeals to 4 audiences: FPS, MOBA, MMO, and non-gamers. Only one of those groups doesn’t know how to read a scoreboard. They can learn and if they don’t I still don’t particularly care. This game should have had a scoreboard and they opted to not because of the 1/4 that didn’t know how to read them. And the very first one they designed was trash tier garbage anyway.

Which won’t matter since everyone in the team will know they didn’t move. Scoreboards are additional information, not the only information.

They do since this is an objective based game.

Space taken and gained doesn’t matter until you get to the objective, which would be accounted for in objective time.

Tanks are typically in the front. The only time they aren’t is on KOTH maps AFTER you’ve already taken the point. You know if you aren’t getting to the objective and holding it because of a bad tank player. No one is that stupid.

Tanks have the most complex and simple job. By Just having less deaths,not feed, while knowing when to retreat are on the ball of being a OK tank. The complex part comes by how you create space, and for me “creating space” can mean a lot of things either by out living, out playing, out killing, or outdamaging the other tanks and their team. I’m sure a standard scoreboard where a tank with 1 kill, or 700 damage blocked with 32 deaths with 1 ult the entire game, while the enemy with the same hero has 22 kills, 22k damage blocked 3 deaths and 6 ults will tell if they did good or bad.

3 Likes

Here we go, finally!! In my opinion, I feel as though the majority of games in Overwatch are loss due to bad tank play. Usually, if your tanks play well you have a good chance at winning the game. Dps players with good tanks can flourish and get kills. Healers with good tank players are usually protected, and have enough space to move freely to heal their team. I’m afraid that a scoreboard will never be good enough to accurately depict a tanks competency in their role. I’m afraid that a scoreboard will just have healers and dps yelling at each other at the end of games, because their damage and heals are off what’s expected of them. Tank players will get to slink away practically blame free, because they did something wrong people couldn’t easily understand. A dps player standing in the wrong spot can lead to their death. A tank player standing in the wrong spot can lead to their whole teams death. Most people would probably just blame the healer in that situation. All I’m saying is that, if Blizzard makes a scoreboard it had better have all the information on it. Not just “additional information.” You see, I agree with the need of a scoreboard. It just has to be an amazing scoreboard.

1 Like

It will still cause the blame game

1 Like

I can’t disagree that of the two tanks here, I’d choose the latter. While this may be a good representation, I still think it would need more. I hope Blizzard can figure it out with Overwatch 2.

1 Like

I built a scoreboard using the new script that is being tested on the PTR.

The feedback has been interesting…

3 Likes

I’d like this, personally.

Cool I’ll check it out

But that’s wrong… It’s the only reason Mei is any good.

It’s not though… It’s an objective based game where 2/3 of the class aren’t necessarily focused on KDA. More if you bring in Torb/Mei/Sym.

There’s no point to it even if you can read it. Even then, you’re just wasting time.

I don’t know what you caring has to do with anything.

The people who intentionally throw, knowing that they are doing terrible, deserve the toxicity imo.

A scoreboard allows people to actually see who is playing the best and who is not. Instead of “ZEN TRASH, NO U GENJI TRASH, WTF HOG IS FEEDING” we will actually know what is working and what isn’t instead of tossing the blame like a hot potato.

2 Likes

Just because you don’t see it or don’t like it matters about as much as my liking and wanting it does. It absolutely doesn’t matter, odds are that it is coming, and people will just have to deal with it, whether they like it or not. I’m really tired of going round and round with you when neither of us are changing our minds.

Sure, but like, why does anyone need it…?

Yeh pretty much. I still dunno why you’re so sure it’s coming though :thinking:

You’re replying to me…

And here you are doing the same?

Not really … What you see a lot is that people are ****ing on DPS for not getting kills, but most of the time when DPS are not doing their job it’s actually because they can’t work because tanks or healers aren’t doing their jobs or because they have zero teamplay.

It’s not victim mentality, it’s observation. I play Sombra ~75% of the time and as bull**** as infinite invis is it has 1 great advantage … you can actually observe what is going on. I constantly see people who are not doing their job or play like it’s their 1st game flaming others (and with others i mean DPS) to switch. A Moira who tells you about her gold elims should instantly get banned :neutral_face: Stats don’t really matter, what you do in what situation does. A scoreboard only makes sense in OWL and the upper 10% of ranked where people know how this game works.

Stats don’t show if you are doing good … 20k blocked dmg means nothing if you got 15k from standing in a choke point while grouping up.

Nah, this community is irredeemable. If they cannot tell what is going on now, a scoreboard would hardly help. Waste of time.

I am not against it. I am just not for it. Queue times are a way bigger issue.

1 Like

You’re the one who said this though… 0_o

Im aware. Do you not get tired of having a meaningless discussion that is really just a back and forth “no u” after realizing its pointless?

I don’t see it as meaningless. Who knows, maybe you’ll realise I’m right :wink:

I think you’re saying that to save face :upside_down_face:

I’m really sick of the lack of basic features because we need to protect some player’s feelings. Profiles, scoreboard, we need them.

2 Likes

That is what makes it meaningless because I will absolutely never agree with your line of thought, which seems to be the running theme with every conversation we have ever had. You’re just irrefutably wrong as far as I’m concerned. So yes, pointless.