Can we get a real genji counter?

I want a hero that genji cannot outrun. A hero that genji can not deflect. A hero that genji has no hope of outplaying.

Winston can be outrun. Brigitte can be outranged. Sombra can be dueled.

Genji really needs a foolproof counter that can shut him down 100% of the time, because he is just too hard to deal with in many situations.

If he is going to be able to hard counter half the cast when played properly, having a hard counter to him is necessary

74 Likes

This phrase pretty much defines bad game design.

184 Likes

who still dies to genji in 2019? Junkrat is even better now at killing genjis

74 Likes

Brig or shout till 2.0 sym comes back with buffs :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Well good thing he doesn’t, not even in the hands of the best Genji players in the world does he come close to hard countering half the cast.

18 Likes

Bapiste ruins nano blade and can duel genji quite well with passive heals and easy to save team mates with quite consistent heals.
Also genji is fine, you can’t just have a hero that deletes genji if picked.

15 Likes

Why? Plenty of heroes have hard counters.

Try killing pharah as junkrat. Try killing reaper as Hammond.

These counters are needed to keep other heroes in check, but genji can’t be countered like that

11 Likes

Any hero that just kills another hero with no counterplay or chance of escape is horrid game design, end of story.

79 Likes

March of 2019, and these types of threads still appear…

9 Likes

Try killing [anything] against a team that is paying any attention to the game whatsoever as Genji. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Moira is a pretty good Genji counter. She has a good reach, a soft lock on, and can fade after him.

Also, Sym’s turrets are pretty useful against him as well. This requires good placement. But, if you got a Sym Main or even someone half way decent with her, on your team, you’re good.

I’m sure there is more.

Edit:

Oh, maybe Torb’s turret too. Yes, Genji can deflect, but the turret locks on and can just keep shooting at him. He can’t deflect every bullet. This one isn’t as good, but is doable

Oh, Mei can work too. He can’t deflect her primary fire.

2 Likes

You are a genji main, who hard counters McCree, widow, and many others.

Hypocrisy much?

17 Likes

winston, moira, sym turrets and brigitte pretty much scares genjis

2 Likes

You are a person who requests a hero who has no counterplay whatsoever and makes another hero a free kill.

You’re the one with a poor taste in game design.

The fact that you think Mccree Widow etc. get hard countered by Genji blatantly shows that you have not even an inkling of how this game works.

54 Likes

You play mercy
Genji counters mercy
Hypocrisy much?

17 Likes

That’s been done.

That’s been done too.

5 Likes

Lucio - The fastest frog in the west

4 Likes

Oh yeah, Genji hard counters Widowmaker so effectively that OWL teams actually decided to run Widowmaker instead of Genji more often than not during OWL Season 1 in peak professional dive meta.

I guess they didn’t want to counter her too hard, so instead they just opted to mirroring Widowmaker into a group of heroes that should theoretically counter her too, instead of just playing Genji, who you claim hard counters her.

McCree is an even matchup at worst, calling it a ‘hard counter’ is laughable.

26 Likes

Careful now. You might get flagged, and have your account silenced. I’ve been silenced at least twice for explaining to people the flaws in their arguments, with no chance of appeal. It’s disturbing, really.

3 Likes

This statement just made me bust out laughing IRL. Do you actually believe what you’re saying, or are you trolling?

11 Likes