Can we get a real genji counter?

Torbjorn denies Genji a lot of area, Genji has to constantly peek and fire shurikens, if he doesnt by the time he destroys the turret he’s already at half or below.

5 Likes

So you want a hard counter to genji? Not a counter? Well than no, hard counters are horrible things and should never be added especially since they never just hard counter 1 thing

3 Likes

symmetra’s old lock-on beam excelled against genji, it was his real counter.
unfortunately, they got rid of it and now genji counters sym leaving him without a proper counter.

5 Likes

No, no it wasn’t.

5 Likes

Right. I know. The OP wants a more “sure fire” Genji counter. That’s why I said Torb the way I did. Exactly for the reason you said. Torb’s turret is less “reliable” than some of the other options I’ve mentioned.

Oh yes, it sure was.

2 Likes

Maybe you just need to improve at genji. Genji has the tools to beat Widowmaker 100% of the time unless genji cannot hit his shurikens to save his life

1 Like

When and where?

2016 in sub-Plat ladder matches?

Perhaps. It certainly wasn’t a counter going into 2017, once people actually learned to play the game.

1 Like

Top played hero’s are widow/ana/mercy so I’m gonna go on a limb and say you’re biased and want a button that instakills and not an actual ability based hero?

Or maybe they just felt widow provides more overall than genji, when she had such a short hook cooldown??? L2p issue if you really think they didn’t choose genji specifically because widow hard counters him or some nonsense

Just ignore that guy. He’s a major troll on this forum. He literally does nothing on here except attack people who point out that Genji isn’t fair to play against.

I don’t even engage with him, and I will open a harassment ticket against him if he continues to harass me as he’s done in the past. I suggest you do the same if he starts to harass you too.

2 Likes

Maybe you just need to improve at widowmaker if genjis are beating you 100% of the time, genji doesnt hard counter widowmaker at all

9 Likes

Not sure I should even grace a blatant troll post like this with a response…

1 Like

You are the troll saying things like genji hard counters widowmaker and mccree and demanding a hard counter to a hero that doesn’t need one and is balanced

15 Likes

The fact that you think it’s a hard counter shows you don’t know any more than I do.

It most certainly is not a hard counter, if anything you should be the one to get good since you have oh so much trouble countering one of the balanced heroes this game has.

3 Likes

Cool story.
Funny since I’m yet to lose a match in this week against a genji when going winston.

1 Like

Yeah, the literal best Genji players in the world need to improve aswell.

The Genji vs Widowmaker duel is a literal chicken game of who times their ability correctly (Deflect vs Firing the shot before deflect/after deflect) where the loser gets deleted. Especially at high ranks where the Widowmakers possess the accuracy and awareness to understand and react to the situation.

The only other way Genji can take a duel with a Widowmaker is throwing himself at her perch in the enemy backline, likely tripping a Venom Mine and leaving himself wide open to get collapsed on by the enemy D.Va, discorded by the Zenyatta (while Widowmaker gets supported) and overall just violated by the enemy team.

My point is that if Genji hard counters Widowmaker then why wouldn’t they have played him over her in a mirror comp?

By definition a hard counter prevents that hero getting value, essentially removing them from the game. Therefore if you play Genji you have the advantage in literally every fight, that’s clearly not what happens though.

4 Likes

Back when we had autolock and Genji dared to come close he was as good as dead. Now he just spams double jump and bullies you with shuriken and quick melee. It shifted from being heavily favored for the sym to heavily favored for genji.

PFFT HAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE

A hero with an insanely overloaded kit that allows him to deal with basically any situation when played properly… Balanced… Lmao…

3 Likes

Statements like these are why I think that the devs shouldn’t balance for ranks below masters

12 Likes