Can we get a homosexual male hero, sometime in the future?

I specifically play this game to GET AWAY FROM POLITICS which has disgustingly infiltrated every aspect of everything we do in life. Every time I turn around there’s another one of these komrade kommittee threads demanding political representation and social justice.
What are the priorities here? Is it gameplay? Or is social justice approval content be damned.
This game is rated T for Teen. My kids play it. I don’t think it’s important for them to learn that McCree wears leather chaps and blows off steam at the local gay bar. That goes for every character whatever their sexual choice. It’s not important.
This is just my 2 cents but im a pretty good student of history. This is a train that can’t be stopped. Social justice. It’s ok for me to voice my opinion now that I don’t care for sexual preferences in my video games. But 10 years from now I won’t be able to voice this opinion. It will be considered “hate” and a jailable offense.
Sigh. Wakeup people.

2 Likes

Sweetie. There are tons of gay males in culture. There aren’t many bisexual men or trans people in culture.

3 Likes

Because sad reasons are sad.

Girls kissing girls sells. Men kissing men doesn’t. It’s a business first.

whats wrong with wanting a guy? how is that sad? can it honey you sound like a trout

There already are homosexual male heroes in Overwatch! Devs have confirmed this multiple times. The real issue is the rate which lore gets released to the community. If writers/devs would spend more time on lore, we would all know which hero(s) they are. I’m still shipping Junkrat and Roadhog. Lucio could very well be a third one. Perhaps he is bisexual?

Agreed. It would be very interesting if there were a trans hero, or perhaps a handicapped hero.

Lucio was confirmed, in my mind anyway, with his bitrate skin. It shares the same colours as the Bi Pride Flag.

Also, Lucio says in Numbani that it’s his kind of city. Everyone is free to live the way they want.

Symmetra, McCree, Torb and Doomfist are all disabled. They all have prosthetics. Ana and Reinhardt are disabled too. Both blind in one eye.

4 Likes

It’s a stupid reason, wanting a male gay character just because there’s more lesbian couples in our culture.

You know what, lesbians are also gay people and it’s just as valid as every other orientation. You don’t need a male character to represent something that people are already getting represented everywhere.

Being gay is normal. It’s a normal thing. It’s not normal to specifically ask for blizzard to create a hero or to change a hero solely for the purpose of being a gay male.

If you’re gonna refrain to personal insults, at least do so according to my messages because telling me I’m probably a fish isn’t making much sense and isn’t insulting in the least.

This is an annoying topic on an annoying forum and quite frankly I’m done here. I have made my point; asking for a gay male just because he’d be a male is not okay. Pushing your sexuality in other people’s faces is not okay. My heterosexual friends don’t go around asking for zarya to be in a couple with doomfist because it’s a videogame. Fictional characters don’t need a sexual orientation.

I will stop answering as this is like talking to a wall.

3 Likes

Here’s the tea. It’s because we live in a heteronormative society and your heterosexual friends (personally, I just call them friends) expect Zarya and Hanzo to be straight.

4 Likes

you havent made a point, i already established that clearly no one wants a gay hero just to be gay, just for it to be a part of a hero that comes out. but you keep talking out your bung hole because youre ok with the lesbians that appeal to strait culture. the only point you have made is that if all heroes are heterosexual we should be ok with it!

3 Likes

Yeah, Blizzard is completely denying the existence of gay men, Transgenders, a/intersex people, people with epilepsy, Parkinson’s, people born with extra limbs, albinos, curly hair etc. Awful, awful devs.

It’s not.

They probably are, even though there’s no reason for it.

Therein lies the issue. You’ve given yourself a “type”. You’re a human. Just like everyone who reads your post, and everyone at Blizzard, and most of the characters in game. You are emotionally separating yourself from your own species.

All of that aside, Blizzard have confirmed that there other queer characters in the roster, but they want to introduce them in a natural and organic way and not just “Hey, x is gay” or “Hey, y has both bits”.

1 Like

They don’t expect anything jeez.
It’s a videogame. That’s like saying I’m expecting Kirby to be heterosexual. Does it make sense? Not really. Just because he doesn’t look like a human doesn’t make him less of a fictional character.

I also call them friends but you have to be precise about everything on these forums. Seems like even this part of my comment is getting me some backlash.

Also, I’m pretty sure everyone expects Zarya to be a lesbian but that’s another topic

Why would people expect Zarya to be a lesbian?

1 Like

Yes we should be okay with it. It’s not like mathematically someone else had to be gay along with tracer.

It’s okay for blizzard to reveal that someone is gay or create a hero and reveal it later, but it shouldn’t be asked for on the forums or ANYWHERE and it certainly won’t help the case.

4 Likes

“mathematically”… this is just sad now

1 Like

Because people stereotype everyone else and she’s a stronk russian lady?

Oh my god is that gonna be turned against me as well?

1 Like

Guys you don’t understand, I need a video game character to reaffirm my fragile sexuality.

4 Likes

You know what if you can’t read my messages it is not my fault. Just because in your classroom, Samantha is the only gay student of the class, does it mean you shouldn’t believe the rest is heterosexual because you read somewhere that around 10% (20%? whatever idk) of humans were gay?
Maybe it’s not always 10%. Might be less, might be more, so yes, mathematics.

1 Like