Can we get a homosexual male hero, sometime in the future?

Can we get a straight male hero sometime? I dont feel represented because these video game characters aren’t shouting their sexual orientation from the top of a mountain.

5 Likes

Look at the backlash Battlefield caused lately and how it affected them hard with all the controversial crap they did simply because these people are a tiny minority and the vast majority of their senior playerbase have been white males who will be mad as hell.

First person shooter games have always been a traditional male game and companies always target male audience. It would to too risky for Blizzard to push the crap EA did to appease the 0.1% and lose their main playerbase.

2 Likes

Everyone’s pan-sexual Problem solved… everyones happy
except for hammond and bastion who identify as an attack helicopters

1 Like

Minorities should stop shaping up mainstream media in their own picture. We don’t need this crap.

4 Likes

i agree, crap like a characters sexual preference has no impact on the game, and is nothing more than shameless pandering…

We could make everyone gender less robots and people would still demand developers pointlessly pander to them

2 Likes

Make the next gay male character in Overwatch a “Bear”

3 Likes

LOL now when you say bear… are you using it in the “gay community” sence of the term… or are you talking about the animal

Immagine big guy like roadhog covered in hair with minigun with an extremely sweet flamboyant sounding voice actor LOL love it
call him “little sweet”

1 Like

As a gay man,

CEASE.

as a pansexual man, if you cant laugh at this in its absurdity. no one here is gay bashing or being hateful. if its upsetting you well you know you dont have to read it >.>

???

What even are you talking about. I was referring to the OP requesting for a gay male, which we see a lot of. I couldn’t care less if people bashed gay people, I have thick enough skin.

it affected people because it was historically inaccurate, has anyone complained about the other battlefield games as well as call of duty games? no, because in the other “history-based” games they do this accurately and in games like black ops/battlefield 4 they have female characters and no one cares
but you shouldn’t change history just because a bunch of whiners complain about it, you will become like japan, denying the atrocities they did during the sino war and complaining about being victims of the US for being still occupied by them
look at facts, then think if what you say is the truth beforehand

1 Like

well then i misunderstood, my bad :smiley:

By shoving it down everyone else’s throats…

3 Likes

and you realize every time a developer shamelessly panders to a player making a demand regardless of how trival… it just means they are going to demand it even harder next time…

im still trying to figure why a characters sexual preference matters in the first place, please explain to me why its such a big deal.
Seriously… the only reason i can come to as to why this is a big deal is because someone has some insecurities and is desperate for validation, and IF that is the case… well a homosexual hero isnt going to help you… therapy might

And for the record im pansexual, but i dont need a game or the media of any form to validate me… i know who i am and am comfortable with who i am…

4 Likes

I think in general, that’s much easier to accept.
Women think entirely different than men.

When a woman looks at a man and flirts with one, it’s considered a compliment.
But when a man looks at and flirts with a man, it’s uncomfortable. Men project their own desires towards women in that same interaction. If a man looks at another man, the other man would feel like his mascilunity is threatened. As he feels treated like a woman. We indirectly feel as though the other guy tries to exert his masculity over ours. Men are very competitive beings. And more often than not, we can jump to quik conclusions.

I’ve been like this for most of my life.
But after a deep, serious (non romantic) conversation with a gay friend a few years ago, i began to be more tolerant of it. He told me it’s very hard to just hope and guess the person he’s interested in is even gay in the first place, and won’t reject him. I mean, that’s very relatable. We all have a hard time asking a girl out, don’t we? Your pride is on the line, and you’re at the mercy of her hands as she decides wether she’ll be crushing it or not.
I’m a very approachable guy. And i get approached by women and men alike.
(I live in the Netherlands, where gay sexuality is highly accepted)
But after giving it a serious thought, i just tell them i’m into women and go on with my life. I might even have a casual talk with them afterwards.

On the other hand, when a woman flirts with another woman, it’s just that.
It’s a compliment. A woman can brush it off much easier. Even if they really disliked the interaction.

1 Like

you can be gay and still be wrong, and your opinion doesnt matter if youre against yourself

2 Likes

Why community want so strong gay men? Why gay icon is McCree? How much gays you know in life i wonder?

1 Like

Oh men, that would be interesting, but… no way.

I’m probably homophobic because I don’t want blizzard to push a new gay character just because reasons, you’re right.

You got me. You figured it all out.

3 Likes

youre right, “pushing” a gay character is what people want, they want a so obviously gay character that is made soley for the purpose of being gay, they also want him to be a stereotype too, thats exactly what he asked for

2 Likes