Can we get a homosexual male hero, sometime in the future?

It’s almost completely certain though. If they every told a Torbjorn love story, it would be about him falling in love with Ingrid almost one thousand percent. Anything else would feel forced and wouldn’t follow the natural progression of the storyline reveals, something that Blizzard said they don’t want to do.

Because of that, it would make far more sense for the next lgbt hero reveal to be literally anyone else.

I mean headcannon all you want, obviously. But don’t hold your breath for him to get any other romantic storylines.

Or we could just keep PC culture out of video games, and not build characters based on their sexual preference. I like that idea more.

3 Likes

Oh I’m not saying they should confirm it or anything! It would be confusing to shoehorn in there, it would feel forced and nobody would like that at all. I was only saying his marriage doesn’t erase his potential bi or pansexuality :slight_smile:

I’d like anybody to be confirmed though, new hero or otherwise it would still be wonderful!

What game have you been playing? Have you read any of the lore or seen any of the dev interviews? This isn’t just a diverse game. It is THE diversity is good game. And they have already confirmed that there are multiple lgbt heroes.

2 Likes

Yes, probably to appease the people keep bringing up the subject.

2 Likes

No. They said this as far back as 2015, and promoting the diversity of their cast was part of their earliest marketing. They wanted this to be a goal from jump. It’s an overarching theme of the game.

3 Likes

I’m not asking for some force fed crap here, it’s just awfully convenient that all homosexual representation just happens to be female. Like gay men don’t exist at all. God, just one suggestion and everyone wants to crucify me.

6 Likes

We already have Reinhart and Junk, I don’t think we need anymore.

I think it’s because homossexual men are still looked down upon and are still a bit taboo, but girl-on-girl is hot?

2 Likes

I blame xxx rated stuff for that, honestly. Just kidding.

I usually cringe at these “representation” things but this is actually a point that always gets glossed over during all this diversity cheerleading. There are lesbians and trans people as far as the eye can see but not a lot of gay men in things, really makes you think.

1 Like

Girl-on-girl is hot, and men think, “Oh, if i were a female i would do the same thing”, so I think it ends up as more acceptable. Gay men are just viewed as taboo, disgusting and un-masculine.

2 Likes

What’s defining your character?
Mccree: I’m a cowboy with a revolver and i can click heads.
Reinhardt: I am a knight who defends his mates with a giant shield.
New guy: I f guys.

3 Likes

Or let’s write a good complex character who has in an importance in the story and not there just because they are a gay male or a black woman

1 Like

My point is, that the characters in Overwatch are not built upon sexual preferences, it’s conjecture, if you want Lucio to be gay, there you go, he’s gay. We shouldn’t base personality off of sexual preference, that’s what I mean anyway, no offence intended.

Eszett knows what’s up, that’s the kind of thing I mean.

1 Like

How does it seem “Very possible”?? They never even interacted…

8 Likes

Thats what I want. Everyone thinks I just want a hot guy who just happen to be gay, I can still enjoy straight guys too.

1 Like

Tracer isn’t “I screw girls,” as her only characteristic. And I think it’s bad faith to assume people want poorly written chatacters. Nobody likes tokens, especially the people who are negatively impacted by the stereotyping.

7 Likes

I believe Reinhardt and Ana have some sort of connection, the way they speak to each other is different than how they talk to others.

2 Likes

Who’s this “Sam” guy, anyway? Pharah’s father is Reinhardt in my headcanon

1 Like