Can we forbid double off tank and double main tank?

I don’t like it, so it’s not allowed to exist!
Best mindset!

1 Like

You would probably have to redo half of the DPS as well, a good chunk of CC, and Ult charge

1 Like

just because someone 1 tricks a hero at a high level, doesnt mean they are viable. doomfist is full of bugs, gets countered by more than half the roster, ccing him makes him an almost free kill, hacking him makes him a beyond free kill and chipsa can still mostly play only him to 4.7k

The biggest issue with making main tank off tank seperation are ball and sigma.
Sigma isnt purely off tank but he hardly feels main tank against say a rein or orissa or even winston.

Ball is generally considered a main tank cause of his disruption profile but then the team with ball filling main tank would probably loose against a shield main tank orissa or rein.

Its honestly horrible to have 2 off tanks on your team vs a shield tank on enemy side even if its just orissa sigma or orissa dva.

That said im not sure further seperating roles would help much, as whatever is left of tank base would become even less.

I generally main tank with rein or winston but there are occasions you have to go 2 off tank when dps dont frag esp with echo now, often dps dont even shoot them and run stupid combos like reaper junk against echo in those cases a hog zarya on tank has better chance at being successfull than me being rein and getting busted.

The issue is there are stupid players everywhere whatever role limitations you put they will find a way to be stupid in the name of having fun.

It happens with every role not just tanks, people will run 2 off heals against 2 main heals, genji against a team full of counters etc

Just have to play around these are get a group.

1 Like

No? I have a 70%ish winrate since Steadfast was nerfed, while the Piledriver nerf was marginal.

70% winrate on dva actually. when my team doesn’t get toxic we actually dominate.

I’m not saying its impossible, there are always exceptions, but in the grand scheme of things, its not supposed to be, especially with two tanks that have no business being played together, and in no way sync well, or enable their DPS counterparts.

Running hog and D’va for example, is such an insultingly self defeating situation to place the other 4 members of the team into. That’s essentially feeding ult charge to the enemy team, and providing next to no coverage from the enemy team.

I still think we should try having a semi separation off the tank role in the experimental card.
At role select you would have 1-1-2-2 but without forcing a 1-1-2-2 game.
It would however force a mirror.
The game would always look for a 1-1-2-2 mirror if possible but if there was not enough main tanks online you would get a 0-2-2-2 mirror.
If there was not enough offtanks online (never going to happen) it would force a 2-0-2-2 mirror.
This would get rid of dubble offtank getting stomped by shield comps.
This would help queue times since a big reason people dont want to play tank is because they dont want to be forced to play a shield tank.

The bottomline is.
No one wants to play a shield tank but you kinda need one especially if the enemy got one.
If you force a main tank on your team with role restrictions you are looking at 15 min support queues and 30 min dps queues.

Well… Imagine having ball and sigma on team, one is main other is off…

I have seen games won in GM with 2 offtanks (where the meta should be mandatory). Maybe more difficult to play? yes, but not throw.

well main-tanks are gonna feel more fun if they aren’t “mandatory”
because i honestly don’t feel like the main-tanks are any less fun than off-tanks.
it’s the lack of freedom to choose that people get agitated over.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s the same issue as 2-2-2.

Yeah you lose some flexibility, but if you had the certainty that you have a barriertank on your team, then the quality of games would probably go up.

Not to mention the levels of toxicity would go down.

Which is also pretty nice that they could feature RoleQueue and OpenQueue side by side. So people who demand no limits, van have it their way.

If they let me leave a game that already has an off tank without penalizing me… sure. If not, you just need to deal with it, bruh.

Defo woudlnt split roles until there’s enough choice personally.

My unorthodox take is this

Basically if we actually had more forms of peel and damage negation then it could help make double off tank LESS frustating and more usable in majority of ranks

1 Like

I made a poll last year and just over 50% of all tank players only play main tank or only play off tank.

We’d have to have a separate queue and that would screw queue times even further.

The ideal solution is to flex and run triple tank, but apparently we can’t have that.

1 Like

no dude its no throw. Usually it when people cant play maintank good. And you know what? Good zarya+hog much better then bad rein and good zarya

1 Like

Sure, if you want the DPS queue wait times to double, go ahead.

1 Like

I also hate double off tanks but to separate them is also bad cause all tanks are sht. Sometimes you also need 2 off tanks like D.va/Hog for example against a Bastion bunker comp.

1 Like

because there a way more off tanks queueing up. making it 1 of each would destroy queue times even more.
but I do agree that its awful to play with double off tank, but that is a community problem

Idealy, any tank combo should work fine.

2 Likes