Can we forbid double off tank and double main tank?

I think the upsides drastically overcome the downsides.

Downsides

• Bruiser players will add to the DPS queue.
  • Can’t put two Bruiser-preferred players on the same team.
  • Only 4 BarrierTanks hero choices for Tank players.

Upsides

• 50% less Tanks needed per round.
  • 50% more DPS per round.
  • Can buff BarrierTanks a lot without worrying about DoubleBarrier or DoubleOffTank.
  • More than 1 worthwhile Barrier Tank besides Reinhardt.
1 Like

It all comes down to barriers. Everyone hates shooting them, most people dislike playing the barrier tank, but everyone demands them on their team.

1. no double barrier

So you wanna destroy from this game orisa and sigma? If you wanna buff orisa again its can be work but sigma be still bad. He really play good only with 2 shields

I don’t think you read the post I linked

Wanna sleep. Fixed last post

Btw me still read bad. WAIT 1 MIN XD. Or no.

Yup.
Gladly trade double barrier for buffing the crap out of single barrier.

And with each barrier tank, there are a wide variety of offtank combinations.

And the other big benefit is that you can buff barrier tanks A LOT without worrying about zerobarrier being too weak, or doublebarrier being too strong.

Like 700hp Reinhardt with 90 damage hammer swings, and 2500hp barrier, could technically be balanced.

I don’t think anyone hardly actually likes double barrier. Even I don’t like it and I like both Orisa and Sigma individually.

1 Like

Why stop there? Lets force everyone to play Rein and Zarya. Lets force everyone to play only Paris and Havanna.
Oh, and you can’t forget forcing everyone to play McCree and Echo

2 Likes

People dont understand

1. meta start work from 3500
  2. and still work no perfectly

Thats why you can saw zarya on gm and 0 zarya in owl

If you could get all 4 barrier tanks to be equal to Rein, and say 25% more viable than current Rein.

Then you had 4 offtanks to choose from.

That’s a lot more variety than “Every other tank is an offtank to Rein, except for certain maps sometimes with high coordination”

You can’t remove a dozen tanking variations just because they aren’t competitive, if you have a problem with it then play a tank yourself

3 Likes

I think the bigger problem is having “main” and “off” tanks in the first place.

1 Like

I did but then they nerfed every tank I played down to useless.

In a team game, the individual is punished for trying to bend the game around themselves, yet, at the same time, the team is punished for every single individual’s poor decisions. The inflexible break their own teams, and you’d think after 4 years by now, most of those trying to force the team around themselves would’ve uninstalled by now. Its kinda baffling. They can’t possibly have a high enough success rate to where they get any fun out of it.

1 Like

And how fix this? Usually people like offtank

Game balance wasn’t so bad in the past, though. Double off tank didn’t used to be nearly as bad as it is now.

Learn Wrecking Ball and the 2nd tank is just the 3rd DPS, otherwise just pick something autonamous in another role and focus on yourself.

Wrecking Ball is pure trash since the nerf.

The catch is that’s a big enough problem that it’s not solvable without alienating huge chunks of the playerbase.

So I think we’re kinda stuck with that.

3 Likes

At this point in the game?

Honestly, probably impossible.

I mean “anything is possible”, but itd take a massive, MASSIVE rework of tanks- Which lets be real, isnt going to happen.

Its the kind of thing that shouldve been avoided from the beginning.

1 Like