Can someone merge accounts after Overwatch 2 is released?

If on my Battle.net account info, under connections, if it lists my Nintendo account to “Connect to (name withheld)” then I’m good to go right? I feel like I already did this.

We had to merge before they shut it down? If so thats dum, they should of just kept the original game up and just made Overwatch 2 its seperate thing. Man im so irritated that all the years of progress isnt on my ps5 account. Im literally in the same playstation account just transfer the progress. If all my items get deleted then the overwatch franchise is dead to me.

26 Likes

Same. I started playing Overwatch 1 at the very beginning. If I can’t get my stuff transferred over I’m just going to move on. I won’t be able to play this new game and not think about the thousand hours I put in with everything gone. Hoping this merge accounts button works on console. I have both my console accounts linked in my battlenet but still not seeing anything.

13 Likes

Same here. No option to merge but it did transfer my oc stats to console which I barely
Played on. So right now I have lost my hundreds of hours of ps4 progress.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me, let me know if you figure out what happens. I need to get all of my overwatch 1 cosmetics back instead of my level 1 PC account.

Yeah I haven’t touched Overwatch in a year or so and I updated my game and started it up on the same Ps4 I started Overwatch 1 on and all my stuff was just vanished and it was a few years of stuff including some skins I bought. It gives me the option to select the account merge too but when I do just doesn’t open anything whatsoever. And yes I have had my Ps4 Linked and connected to my Battlenet a long time prior to when this was Released. But now I am missing just everything and it is annoying to lose all this progress especially when money was spent and trying to contact support isn’t really helping either.

6 Likes

I’m having the same issue as everyone else here. I have not logged into my Xbox account in over a year but just redownloaded Overwatch 2. I had already linked my PC account, which I did not use, to my Xbox account years ago. Now that I have logged onto Overwatch 2 and did not merge my accounts before the switch, all of my Overwatch 1 cosmetics and hundreds of hours have just been replaced with my PC account. How do I get my Overwatch 1 cosmetics and everything back onto my account instead of just my PC account being shown?

5 Likes

I was not aware of having to merge accounts before O1 shut down. When I go on O2 it gives me the option to merge accounts but when I press X (PS4) it does absolutely nothing. This happening to anyone else? I already have a battle.net account.

6 Likes

I quit playing OW and saw OW2 released today, not realizing I had to merge my account. How do I merge it on my ps4? I’ve been looking for answers all over the FAQ and haven’t figured it out. The ‘Account Merge’ button also doesn’t work for me either when I tap on it.

7 Likes

Is there any point of opening “Overwatch 2 Beta” I don’t know why it’s a thing lmao.

1 Like

Same as everyone here, I just downloaded OW yesterday and couldn’t get into the game because they were “preparing” their servers for OW2 release and didn’t merge my account, I have the option now on OW2 but can’t press it.
Is this how blizzard plans to make OW players come back? With servers issues, long queues and deleting all our progress?
Can’t say I expected anything good from Blizzard but I didn’t expect so many problems from “releasing” a game that was already out and working for years.

3 Likes

The account merge button is still inactive for me. It is there but just makes a click noise when I press it and nothing happens.

3 Likes

yeah, i couldn’t find my overwatch disc so i couldn’t reinstall it on my xbox to do the merge and by then it was unavailable to download. so i guess those of us who didn’t merge are just screwed even though we had everything connected with batttle net which is extremely stupid. i had hundreds spent in skins and stuff so i’m very upset. i didn’t even learn about the merging stuff until a few days ago because i honestly hadn’t been following the game that closely until some friends said they would be playing. there should be some option to remedy this but i doubt blizzard gives a crap, they got their money and it’ll be a case of too bad so sad for those of us in this boat.

6 Likes

Literally makes no sense… I couldn’t do the merge aswell. Can’t imagine those who play since the launch of the first Overwatch and couldn’t merge.

1 Like

i believe so as when i got it the game showed my switch account had merged with b net successfully

I don’t see why not.

it shouldn’t have even been a thing if your batttle net account was tied in. should have been just instant when you logged into overwatch 2. seems like Blizzard really pooped the bed on this one.

8 Likes

My point exactly. Why do we need to confirm more things of the account if we have the account linked to everything we need? I REALLY hope they fix this. But knowing how Blizzard works, i highly doubt they’ll fix this.

4 Likes

like i said i doubt they will. so far they have barely said anything about anything other than the servers which as it should be is their primary concern. I’m about sick of being disconnected mid match.

1 Like

This is exactly how I feel.

1 Like