Can someone merge accounts after Overwatch 2 is released?

Where did you see the option to merge? Do I have to get on the PC version to merge the accounts now?

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Same here. And I noticed it changed my profile pic for some reason?

1 Like

Iā€™m on ps4 and thereā€™s no option at all for me to merge. It keeps saying thereā€™s a login error (LC-208). Not sure what to do.

I need help! I didnā€™t have time to go on ow1 before it shut down, so I didnā€™t merge my accounts. Iā€™m on my old pc acc now; I need to be on my xbox acc.

7 Likes

I logged in on PC as soon as I got notice that the game went live, almost 3 hours ago, and the first thing I did was confirm the merge. It still says that Iā€™m ā€œin queueā€ for the account merge. At this point, Iā€™m just planning to have a TV night and see if itā€™s done tomorrow, because my Watchpoint Pack is attached to the console account, so I donā€™t have access the battlepass right now. (Also I keep getting disconnected, so that seems like itā€™ll be frustrating.)

On the main menu, at the very bottom below ā€œChallengesā€, I see an option called ā€œAccount Mergeā€. I clicked on that on my PC account and confirmed the merge from there. It now has a bright yellow badge next to it that says ā€œIn Queueā€.

I also see the option on the menu in my PS4 account, with the same badge. I donā€™t know if it would have appeared if I hadnā€™t initiated from the PC side first, but it sure seems like it ought to.

FWIW, Iā€™ve seen the ā€œShopā€ option in the main menu appear and disappear a couple of times, so maybe thereā€™s something weird going on with how the menu is populated?

When I logged into my console account, after initiating the account merge from the PC side, I noticed that I only had the cosmetics from my PC account available, except the only player icon that showed as unlocked was the default grey OW logo from 2016. I also didnā€™t have any of my controller settings. I think this is because Iā€™ve basically logged into the PC account and the console account stuff is inaccessible until it is merged, but I have no idea why none of the player icons are there. I have a good number unlocked that I can see from the PC side.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not giving me the option to merge, Iā€™m freaking because I donā€™t want to lose all my progress since 2017, and all the limited edition skins I got. Plus I got the waypoint pack on my old account. I donā€™t know what to do, I keep pressing merge account but itā€™s not letting me

9 Likes

same! iā€™m so confused, i need help. i canā€™t lose my progress

6 Likes

Old Switch player trying to move my progress to my Xbox One S and I donā€™t see any option to merge accounts on the Xbox One S. No longer have access to the old Switch but I have both my Nintendo account and Xbox account connected on Battlenet and I have no clue what else to do.

2 Likes

I signed up for the OW2 beta on ps5, when i logged in I was on my old ps4 account thatā€™s level 200+ and has a good amount of money invested into it. I have logged into the main game today, on my ps5, and my playstation progress has vanished and been replaced by my PC account which i have hardly played on.

My PSN is linked to my Battle.net but i do not see any option to merge accounts or whatever it should say on the ps5 . I hope my level 200+ PSN save hasnā€™t been replaced with my level 9 PC save.

Any advice?

6 Likes

Same as me I never got time to merge my account and I had hundreds of hours and money spent since OW1 release and now Iā€™m on a level 2 account with nothing on Series X

4 Likes

I am so sad because my progress disappeared too. Started playing on ps4 and now I am on ps5. I waited for 2 hours to finally get in Overwatch after a year and imagine my disappointment after I saw that I had absolutely nothing. Skins, progress, everything is goneā€¦ I did not keep up with the news and saw the post about account merging 10 min ago. Am I completely screwed or is there a way to restore my old account? I really hope there isā€¦

13 Likes

Is your account linked together already?

You canā€™t merge 2 different console accounts. Merge is only for console and pc together.

Iā€™ve linked my PlayStation account to my Battle net account but i didnā€™t merge in ow1, when I logged into ow2 on the ps5 all my items were gone, is there a way to fix this and have my account merged?

13 Likes

Iā€™m trying to figure out the same thing but find ossifiedtoad replies in this thread because that could help you

Didnā€™t get the memo of needing to merge before OW2 came out. Now the merge account option doesnā€™t select is that a bug or will I have to start all the way over in OW2? Both ow1&ow2 have
same battle.net login and on same console

6 Likes

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m a bit confused, who is ossifiedtoad?

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve tried starting the game on pc but since the queue is so long Iā€™ve decided to go to bed, will try again tomorrow.