Can Sombra please be reclassified as a Support?

Heh, wonder if they ended up making Sombra into a Support, if she basically just boosted healing output of the other healer by #.#%

Nah. Genji is Gold Damage for NO REASON. While Sombra is leaving us -1 DPS -1 Support -1 Tank w/e role you want to make her

That chart is a little old but Genji was barely touched.

Just be IN THE FIGHT. That’s it. That’s all you need to do on Sombra. If I don’t see Sombra. I know we down -1 DPS.

So because you don’t see Sombra every waking moment, she’s not doing anything? I dunno what Sombras you’re playing with who are always MIA. But she doesn’t need to be joined with her team at the hip at all times.

Hell, the infinite stealth buff was made so she could scout ahead and snitch on enemy rotations/flanks. While you’re complaining that you don’t see her, she’s likely intercepting the flanking Genji/Doom/Tracer/Whatever.

She could use some love but this hero isn’t nearly as useless as you guys make her out to be. Her major flaw is needing consistent communication for her kit to shine. You aren’t getting that on ladder 90% of the time without a group.

Also, DPS numbers and TTK are two different things. Genji’s TTK on squishies is absurdly low. Only heroes that beat him on that are heroes with one shots.

1 Like

Sombra as a support could work. Hacking healthpacks can provide decent charge, though her abilities would need to be changed to not be a complete disable, but rather something like disabling mobility-based abilities like dash or rocket punch

Can Widow please be reclassified as a Tank

Its hard to deal with pharah / Echo with heroes in tank roster :clown_face:

2 Likes

This is the true DPS cuz that Math is FAIL ignoring Reload time……

Damage Per Second
Sombra 106.67
Tracer 152.38
Genji 46.36

….and I was generous boosting Genji DPS adding another Dash in the 22s frame it takes him to unload 30 shuriken + reload & that’s using ALT FIRE. Not even Primary which is a slower Rate of Fire.

HOW is Genji NOT a LOW DPS

If you ain’t in the Fight you ain’t doing anything productive at all whatsoever on Sombra.

Being in the Team Fights and not running around SOLO like a fool matters.

Can’t speak from the Doom side of things, but I can confirm Brig can be a problem as Ball. She can’t outright kill you, but if she sees you on your way to roll through the enemy team, she can bash you to stop your momentum. Whipshot is less problematic since half the time it aids your escape rather than harms you, and Rally makes it near impossible to gun anyone down through the armor (as Ball, that is).

Got it. So when you get caught off guard by cheeky flanks or pushes that someone on your team could’ve warned you about, I don’t wanna hear it.

Only bad Sombras avoid venturing out during the mid fight. Sure, you have a point that she should be there for the main team fight, but what else is she supposed to do between them? Stand there next to her tank? Lmao

Do you not see MATH…….

You do NOT understand the VALUE of overwhelming the opponent with actual DAMAGE pressuring their Supports to not be capable of keeping pace?

It’s common sense to use your Primary more than Invis on Sombra…….

Hack what the Team is actively targeting & aim for GOLD DAMAGE. Even if you don’t get GOLD. The simple fact that such is on your mind will make you less of a burden for your Team w/ you being on Sombra.

I’m just convinced you have zero clue on how Sombra’s game flow is supposed to work. Of COURSE her main goal is to do damage, but her OTHER main goal is to set up easy kills by securing hacks. How do you secure hacks? By going invisible to get a good angle for it.

THAT’S common sense.

That happened before, Brig got nerfed to death.

I honestly rather not see Sombra in that category. First off, she wouldnt heal. Secondly, she’d end up being more broken by having sonething to fix the category, like hacks speeding up teammates’ cooldowns.

1 Like

Not if your Invisible doing more flanking aimlessly running around nonstop than using your Primary. Which is what you always see from ppl playing Sombra.

Sombra ain’t in the Game & everybody knows she ain’t.

Nah. You just play with Sombras that suck. So you think they ALL play like that. Enjoy this ignore though. Cause I’m done with this.

Take care.

I know they do IF I do NOT see them assisting our Team Fights. I know. Sombra is NOT a soloist but that’s why everyone always asking Blizzard to raise Sombra DPS. Just so they can run around Solo attempting to take out the backline by themselves. As if her DPS is even low to begin w/

It’s not like we had someone to deal specifically with mobile flankers that got nerfed into oblivion or anything

I would say Sombra is actually a better tank than a healer :neutral_face:

I have hard carryed games with ridiculously low damage as Sombra. It’s much more important what you do and not how much you do.

1 Like

We will see in 2025 :+1:

As long as you are IN THE GAME assisting the TEAM in taking out Targets via Dmg &/or Hax.

I messed up on Genji DPS. It’s actually significantly higher but still the point remains.

If Sombra is NOT visible by her Team. Then Sombra is NOT accomplishing anything more than having a 2nd DPS.

Sombra the Soloist never works.

Sombra is not supposed to 1v1 anything … still work often enough in the right situation.

One of the most impactful things you can do as a Sombra is to split up the enemy and force them to focus you and give your team the advantage in numbers.

“I’m not tech support big guy.” - Sombra