Can Sombra please be reclassified as a Support?

I know they do IF I do NOT see them assisting our Team Fights. I know. Sombra is NOT a soloist but that’s why everyone always asking Blizzard to raise Sombra DPS. Just so they can run around Solo attempting to take out the backline by themselves. As if her DPS is even low to begin w/

It’s not like we had someone to deal specifically with mobile flankers that got nerfed into oblivion or anything

I would say Sombra is actually a better tank than a healer :neutral_face:

I have hard carryed games with ridiculously low damage as Sombra. It’s much more important what you do and not how much you do.

1 Like

We will see in 2025 :+1:

As long as you are IN THE GAME assisting the TEAM in taking out Targets via Dmg &/or Hax.

I messed up on Genji DPS. It’s actually significantly higher but still the point remains.

If Sombra is NOT visible by her Team. Then Sombra is NOT accomplishing anything more than having a 2nd DPS.

Sombra the Soloist never works.

Sombra is not supposed to 1v1 anything … still work often enough in the right situation.

One of the most impactful things you can do as a Sombra is to split up the enemy and force them to focus you and give your team the advantage in numbers.

“I’m not tech support big guy.” - Sombra

Armor is nice but why of all characters sombra has to be the most punished by it?

I’ve never felt the need nor the desire to ever focus anyone who we know is only going to Translocate after taking Dmg.

I don’t see Sombra creating division other than Supports healing whatever she is going Invis to ambush.

Even if you did manage to pull the attention of 2+ or more individuals. Such only lasts a split second before you are forced to Return to Start.

You do not Pass Go. You do not collect $200.

Assisting the Team is literally the only time I ever see Sombra being effective outside of being delusional.

Long flanks around back behind the opponent just to end up failing a 1v1 w/ a Support when we coulda had a 2nd DPS fully unloading endless Dmg.

Those are the times I wish we were not short handed.

No it wouldn’t, i remember those days. The rest of the team would be a man down while the sombra used to spend the entire game hacking health packs while not being on coms. Then as a grand finale she would lurch out and emp the enemy while your team was re grouping. Dark days those were.

My 2CP 1st point attack signature move is just to go behind the enemy and touch the point … it is shocking how many players panic and run back to get you and chances are very high your team easily pushes trough the choke if they are not total idiots. A lot of the time you can actually go for a walk with half the enemy team for a couple of seconds. And other very effective classic is stand behind the enemy when they push and attack their healers … half the team is pushing and the other half is trying the get the fun police.

I am NOT AGAINST that practice at all. That is indeed incredibly effective sometimes & leaves the opposition flat footed as they are ran over from behind while sprinting to the point.

That’s not my issue

Attacking the healers at the start I’m not against neither. It’s just the mid fight game we need 6 not 5.

I can tell you that this is utter nonsense and just an attempt like the odd Sym players pushing for her to be a healer to try to then convert her after a reclassification. Not buying this for a minute.

cough Brig cough cough Moira… cough… Support has enough tools to do the job.

2 Likes

This is actually beautiful because now if I pick Ball and kick the enemies’ butts enough they won’t have to lose a DPS to counter me…. they’ll lose a much more valuable support! For a character that sucks at countering me even more than brig? Amazing! I’ll take the free win.

WTF are you doing while your Sombra does her work? You are supposed to get 1-2 picks while she is drawing attention and maybe get a pick herself. If you can’t work with your Sombra it’s not her fault. I see this so many times where I am doing my job while the rest of the team stand somewhere doing nothing.

On what planet is Brig or Moira capable of killing a ball on their own ?
As for Doom, since Shield Bash doesn’t prevent him from using his abilities for more then a second, he can still uppercut+punch away, and then come back and try it again in a few seconds later.

The goal is to have a support that forces these characters to either feed or swap off - and the reduced healing until this happens is an acceptable price.
After all - your team might be down a healer - but you start most fights with 6v5.

I’m just gonna show ya then cuz it’s a serious problem. It’s not my vivid imagination going wild hating on a certain character.

@3:40 — Pharah duel YZNSA vs Chipsa
@4:00 — S76 takes out Chipsa
@4:01 — Sombra shows up & incapable of doing the same task arriving way too late
@4:19 — Sombra dead attempting to solo Pharmercy instead

If I’m Sombra
1 ) I’m picking targets to 2v1 w/ whoever
2 ) I’m not showing up late to fail in a 1v1 instead

@5:11 — Sombra EMP w/ nobody there to do anything about it

You show me Sombra doing work SOLO that I can agree upon beyond sneaking upon Point to bypass the Chokehold setup & opening up Games attacking the backline before the mid fight begins.

I ain’t NEVER seen it. The only productive Sombra I have ever witnessed was when Sombra decides it’s NOT about them doing work, like you just stated, but rather assisting the Team to take out whatever they themselves are fighting instead.

I ain’t trying to throw that dude under a bus but if Chipsa had a S76. Now what? Now they 6v6 instead of 5v6 w/ the soloist showing up a lil too late.

I just don’t like Sombra. I just don’t. It’s not the character but rather how ppl play her that frustrates the living **** out of me. I know why that is. I thoroughly explained why that is.

There are so few actual Sombra players … can’t see it that often. And again … Sombra is not supposed to 1v1 anyone. Her value is crippling and distracting the enemy to a point where the rest of the team has it significantly easier to win. OW is not about doing much damage, it’s about mechanical skill, teamplay and gameknowledge.

I did not see this coming …

By the way … do you mean this Chipsa?

The issue is 5v6 and minus 1 DPS damage let alone their presence which in & of itself generates space. While 1 DPS is now hard focused being they are the only visible DPS makes things way more difficult than they even need to be. While also being the only DPS doing any Dmg whatsoever.

Not unless Sombra is actively assisting Kills via Dmg &/or Hax rather than doing her own Invisible Man routine solo.

I even time stamped every issue cuz it’s not a unique problem. It’s the vast majority of everyone playing Sombra that are making games way more difficult than they even need to be.

I don’t even see how that is possible outside of what you mentioned which agreed :100: with