Can Mercy please have a new ultimate?

No one is misunderstading you. Mercy is fine balance wise. If you want changes to make her more “fun” the those changes can’t make her stronger.

Valkyrie was overpowered when it came out, now its just “fine” but pretty much non impactful. Any tweak done would be a huge improvement at this point.

1 Like

Yea lesser and lesser people listening to you.
You are part of the loud minority of anti-Mercy faction that still thinks mercy is fine.

I personally find Valkyrie to be very impactful, both in games I play and in games I watch across multiple tiers of play

I personally see the folks who think Mercy as fine as being Pro-Mercy, and those who want her changed as anti-mercy

I know of no valid evidence to support a claim that either group is a majority or minority

Of course! Im not saying anyone should shutup aboutn opinions! But when it comes to facts like “this hero is too weak” then I have to tell you to be quiet (not that you did that)

Do you even have time to play the game or even watch across multiple tiers with posting 24/7 on the forum ?

And Mercy is still fine on console but a complete different on PC.
How about we buff/change mercy on PC and make no changes for console ?

2 Likes

the forums are a fun meta game and i’ve played this game enough to have a fair understanding of what i should and should not say!

Factually, I dont post 24/7 on the forums

I know, know of, and/or watch the games of many folks who play on the PC, and the vast majority of of them share the opinion that Mercy is fine in her current state

I think I found a great post as a response.

1 Like

the one is a statement about the entire community

the other is a statement about folks I know, know of, and/or and watch

the two are not reasonably comparable

You see where you own problem lies ?
Don’t use the state that you watch some player as a fact that mercy doesn’t need changes… they don’t represent the entire community.
This is stupid argument that everybody can make.

I could say:
“I know, know of, and/or watch the games of many folks who play on the PC, and the vast majority of of them share the opinion that Mercy is not fine in her current state”

But does this say anything ?

2 Likes

I don’t see any problem with the statements I made

The two groups are not directly comparable

I will presume you meant “statement” here for purposes of my reply, but if I have that wrong feel free to supply clarification

They (as well as those I know and those I know of who have made statements her on the forums across many Mercy-related threads in regards to this matter, tho these were left off of your statement above) represent a piece of my experience, and in my overall experience and ergo my opinion, Mercy is fine

Yes, it says a lot when one is replying to a statement that indicates (gist, not a quote) that mercy is fine on console

key words “on console”

Therefore, I made a statement about my experiences involving Mercy play on PC

Allow me to add that this is not a pc-only thread

1 Like

It’s totally possible, that Mercy is fine on console. Just like Pharah is nightmare for console players, but on PC…well, we got plenty of hitscan heroes, that can shoot her out of the sky.

Still, it’s not an argument to not change her on PC. Since mouse+keyboard are considered cheating on console, but on PC those are completely normal.

1 Like

is that how you refer to what i have to say?

1 Like

I’d rather not have an ult at all over Valkyrie… if removing Mercy’s ult completely meant there was room for slight buffing to her kit I’d take it in a heartbeat. Valkyrie is the primary reason I stopped playing Overwatch some 13 months ago…

Actually, I’d probably have no ult at all even without any slight buffs to Mercy’s regular kit. Valkyrie is Blizzard’s way of telling Mercy players that they can, and should, be replaced by two clothing pins.

I don’t think they need to remove Valk to buff her base kit. Geoff already said that he is considering/looking at/thinking of potential buffs to her base kit atm, if my interpretation of this is correct:

If anything, E rez is sucking up her power budget more than Valk.

What she need is a giant laser beam. So she can do dragonball with Moira

I concur… I would much prefer if Valkyrie was replaced with something more impactful / her own big hero moment. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if they made Valk the E move and Resurrect the ultimate if they have to. For some Valk is incredibly fun, which is fine, but I certainly think that they could do a lot better. :blush:

Oh, I believe they’re just projecting their opinion, assuming it to be fact. I’d Just ignore it. (or if you want to have some fun, ask for proof and enjoy the endless loop of avoiding the question).

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

im done playing their game!