Buffing Tracer will fix OWL

You only had to during season 1,season 2 lets you choose what to watch. If you have the pass.

Tracer’s being nearly unstoppable in the OWL S1 is a big part of the reason they chose to release Brig in the first place.

I wouldn’t mind a small pulse bomb buff, but no other part of her kit needs buffs imo. I’d only make pulse bomb have less damage falloff, so the explosion is more deadly in an area. I wouldn’t increase the damage.

1 Like

NO NOOOOOOOOOOO this is a trap don’t listen to him

1 Like

A reasonable buff…i am stunned.
I dont support any of the OPs buff, as they woud make her OPAF.
Something i have seen a lot on the forum, “make my hero OPAF, its healthy. Trust me i know it, i main her…”

Sincerly Hamen
~Pride of a nation a beast made of steel-Bismarck in motion king of the ocean~

2 Likes

i would prefer they scrap owl an actually fix the problems in the game thats been thier for years

so you buff tracer in order to counter goats making her the only viable option on dps.
What started this whole thing again?

1 Like

I mean we got Brig due to the easy return on investment movement mechanics Tracer and Genji get… yes we need more character power in the hands of a character who’s mechanics require everyone else to be 2x the shot they are as they turn around and just repeatedly shoot a cone fire weapon requiring less aim skill… :roll_eyes:

Pulse Bomb Took all the tanks health and instant killed Orisa and Zarya. And yeah, Orisa still died because Tracer usually shoots her before the stick.

We don’t want Tracer buffed at all. Your insane with the increase clip size. If they did that, they need to make her blinks 2 and Health 100.

Are you insane? THINK OF OUR BRONZE, SILVER, AND GOLD BRETHREN! THEY WOULD BE OBLITERATED! THINK OF OUR OWL AND GM BRETHREN, THEY WOULD BE OBLITERATED!

This would be a big oof

Stop trying to buff/nerf heroes for pros.
How many threads youre gonna make where you just complain about 3-3 meta?

Stop complainig about goats/3-3 meta already…

With how much i hate that dps is sort of out of the meta in the pro play, that’s not the way to go.
Especially not that crazy buff to tracer.

Pulse Bomb is useless without the 400 damage. It already was mitigated by half the abilities of the cast, as well as being one of the hardest ults to actually land. The fact is that it never oneshot any tanks outside of Zarya, who could simply bubble it, but would have been enough of a deterent to the deathball playstyle of GOATS as to make GOATS a much harder option against a good Tracer. As it currently stands with armour, shields for days, bubbles and oneshots, Tracer is utterly worthless in higher tiers. She’s high-risk/no-reward.

Yeah, she was used to dunk on low ELO by smurfs, but ANY aim intensive hero could be used that way, she was just the more fun option along with Genji. It’s not like Widow, McCree, Soldier, Ashe or any other carry hero stopped existing outside of the flankers. The sad part is that the nerf affected the least problematic part of her kit.

Upping her clipsize to 60 would be insane. That’s a straight 50% DPS increase, and nearly guaranteed one-clips on any non-tank. Putting the pulse bomb back where it belongs? Yeah, that’s just good balance. There should be an answer to ultra-high healthpool comps with mad healing and tonnes of shields. The sustain in high ranks is just so crazy that it warrants it. There is plenty of counterplay, and it would actually make Rein/Zarya not be the meta-dominant tank duo as Roadhog & Orisa both can easily tank PB without breaking a sweat.

Especially with Baptiste in the game now, the amount of verticality and immortality field having potential ult teamwipe mitigation, the need for flanking to have power has risen quite considerably. Tracer and Genji need to be a powerful and present threat for the game to be healthy, otherwise it’s just a game of attrition.

Nothing crazy, just a 50 percent boost to damage potential, definitely reasonable

A player with a Tracer profile picture asking for Tracer buffs and trying to present it as “being good for OWL” :smiley:

The whole reason we have Goats in the first place is because Tracer was too oppressive and needed a hard counter which had to be made so strong that it actually broke the game just to counter her at all.

Making her broken enough that she counters compositions that feature that hero (Brigitte) sounds like an awful idea to me. She’d literally counter everything at that point.

1 Like

This isn’t true though, she wasn’t too oppressive and she definitely didn’t need a hard counter.

As far as ladder play goes, she’s never been good outside of high diamond and above. Smurfs may have used her as one of the go-to character to dunk on low-elo players, but that never made her OP.

In OWL, she was used primarily because the allowed the highest skilled players to play to their potential. She played in the high-risk/high-reward playstyle that is actually very healthy for the game, with mini-engagements and 1v1s determining the pacing of actual engagements which came down to skill matchups as well as tactical ones. Her and Genji’s utter irrelevance from OWL has taken it from a highly dynamic and fast paced action game to a smashup brawl game where two teams just bash into each other to build up ults to throw at each other. All sense of individual team strengths has been lost to who can coordinate their GOATS/GOATS variant better.

Say what you like, but a Tracer player never got their opponent stuck in CC after CC after CC where they couldn’t do anything to stop it. It always was a straight skill play which could be outplayed at that level. Now OWL is basically a first person MOBA.

1 Like

400 damage pulse bomb is fine, but increasing her clip size is beyond absurd.

Her winrates at the time were incredibly high, as was her pickrate. I don’t particularly mind her being powerful, I agree that’s she’s one of the better types of heroes to be powerful, but she was definitely overtuned and her kit is such that she’s really hard to keep balanced. Without hard counters, you either have to nerf her abilities so much that she feels clunky (which was their other option at the time), or she is going to be oppressive. That’s just the nature of a hero that relies almost entirely on their mobility like Tracer does. Doomfist is in a similar situation, for a hero kit like his to be balanced you need hard counters like Sombra or Brigitte.

Out of control mobility is the reason we have as much CC in the game as we do. Can you disagree with that? And personally I don’t think it’s as bad of a trade of as some people make it out to be. There’s enough CC that they can pretty much give heroes any kind of crazy movement abilities they want. Heroes like Doomfist or Hammond could never exist in a game with significantly less CC.

Fair enough, she wasn’t good in the lowest ranks. It wasn’t below high diamond historically, it was more like below platinum IMO - she’s still decent in diamond+ right now and she was much better in the pre-Brigitte era - but I agree with your point in general. However that’s irrelevant. A hero that’s oppressive at any rank is a problem, and tracer just was at some ranks. Her pickrate and winrate at higher ranks at the time were both incredibly high. Just look up any meta report from earlier on in the life of the game, when people still made those.

Here come the experts nobody wanted… lmao

i don’t agree, dps heros are getting seriously overbuffed right now, forcing a meta where you can’t win with tanks against dps at all. In more and more Ranked games im solo tanking and im basically just the beating bag for the enemy team.

We’re in a meta where you can’t win with DPS at all. Having one defined by the team with the better tanking, but being dependent on DPS performance is far more preferable.

Tanking shouldn’t be an NPC task, but it shouldn’t be as subject to being constantly CCed as it is right now. Having clever tanks who actually understand the role and can do it properly is the way the game should be played. Them being more powerful than DPS though? Utter lunacy.