Buffing Tracer will fix OWL

What? If you refer to goats, i will repeat myself the 1millions time, goats was never meta in any ladder rank, not even gm. As even in GM dps had 30% pickrate, which means you got some goats, but not most of the time.

Yeah, I am referring to OWL there, that is the topic title after all!

but thats just not important, OWL is below 1% of people playing the game. As explained by many above your just wrong. And btw, Chengdu won games with dps… its magic i know, but they are defently not outplayed by tanks. Pros are just more worked into the goats meta.

Topic title:
Buffing Tracer will fix OWL

I mean, in the context of the topic, I’m pretty sure that it IS important… given that the entire topic is about fixing OWL. Maybe you’re in the wrong topic?!

To fix OWL all they need is 2 hero bans for each team with no protection system.

1 Like

If you want to fix OWL with DPS, you go to the DPS that are being used already for a meta that’s already waiting in the wings. I’m not sure Tracer is a major part of that; she sees use but she’s not central to any counter strategy. Buffing heroes at random just lands you with another Reaper or McCree issue, where sure, they’re better on ladder but they’re still a mile away from OWL.

Logically, you’d buff Widow, Pharah, Hanzo, or Sombra; or the heroes that best enable them because they’re already there. Obviously there are issues with buffing the first three for ladder… so, maybe Sombra is the real answer. If you want to buff the enablers, then its clearly Mercy or Hammond.

yeah ,just that there is no balance just for owl, they don’t play a other game :smiley: thats making this context of this thread irrelevant.

Why would you ever look at improving Tracer against a composition she’s sposed to be bad at. Aoe bunker busters like junk/Pharah/Bastion are what should be being looked at.

The thing about these is that the heroes that enable them ARE their matchups, not their complementary hero picks. There is no need for a deadshot widow because there are no fast moving/high damage targets to prioritise. Pharah has to get through mountains of shields which are mitigated by melee abilities, so she’s not needed for that. Hanzo doesn’t provide enough utility and has an ult that doesn’t really work since gravdragons was nerfed (also that meta was 100% awful in the same way as GOATS).

With the introduction of Tracer and Genji back into the game, that brings back the necessity of countering them. That means McCree, Widow, Winston, Hanzo, Sombra, Mei and everyone else suddenly get thrown back into the mix by necessity, and with that comes the counterplay that is required against them.

Honestly, the hard countering of dive has lead to this ultra-stale meta with no real way of dealing with the stacked shields and healing. Either flanking has to be a real threat or forced 2-2-2 needs to be implemented to break the deadlock on the sustain power in the game right now. That goes for both OWL and ladder.

What has that to do with buffing her ult?

Zarya is the one that has the least problens with pulse bomb

Its more of a “delete orisa” or “delete bastion” , because thsts how its used

1 Like

It’s always important to remember how changes would effect the rest of the game, not just most prominent part of it.

You make it easier for a hero like Tracer to shred tanks, you make it that much easier to shred squishies as well. It’s like saying double Widow’s damage so she can kill tanks in this tank meta. Most definitely not a good idea, as the game would be horrible if tanks were to ever leave the scene.

Making her a tank killer like she used to be (and to a lesser extent still is)?

How about we buff ppl like Pharah instead?

You know, AoE damage from long range is what usually counters things like GOATS. No need ot have the no-counter-allowed mascot be overpowered again.

So you’re not playing in any meta, yet they’re forcing a meta where you can’t play tanks?

So… where is this meta being forced?

If an Orisa dies to PB, they definitely had it coming. No good Orisa should ever die as a result of a pulse bomb, certainly one who has a braincell between their teammates.

Bastion… yeah, he does actually need to have a counter when he’s set up all nice on that payload. I don’t really care that he struggles with viability, a shielded up bastion fixed in place should not be as much of a pain to take out as he can be. In coordinated play it’s hard enough, but when you’ve got a team that can barely make it into comms, there should be at least one good answer to it.

The fact that payload bastion can even work in OWL is a testament to how ridiculous he is to balance. With immortality field in Baptiste’s pocket however, he’s an absolute monster.

3 supp will always be meta as long as brig exists in her current state.

Why they took the route they did instead of limiting stacked heals to the highest output healer I will never understand.

Dive counters bastion. DVA and damage on top of him is all you need

Stacked heals aren’t the issue. Brigitte’s kit is the issue. Her value is way too guaranteed, she is way too tanky and pack is way too good