Buffing Tracer will fix OWL

I’m not talking any crazy buffs just some efficiency buffs that will make Tracer better in Pro Hands but not that much stronger in the general playerbase.

Tracer

• Clip Size Increased from 40 to 60 (she has to chew through higher health pools now so higher sustained damage will help with that)
  • Pulse Bomb Damage Increased from 300 to 400 (having a “delete Zarya” button will help weaken GOATs viability substantially)

If Tracer is usable, than I think GOATs will eventually leave the pro scene and we’ll see DPS compositions slowly creep back into the meta.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a small buff… but tanks already feel terrible to play in ladder, we shouldn’t make it even worse for tanks. (since this buff is essentially targeting tanks). We don’t want quad dps 24/7 in OWL either anyways. Also, let’s not forget how tracer was running wild in masters and above before the big dive nerf patch.

2 Likes

That clip size buff would be busted as hell-tracer main.

Although if they changed her ultimate it might be cool-
10 seconds of 60 size clip, 1.5 second blink cooldown

9 Likes

Noooo it wont. It will break most of the game. We got into this trouble because they had to make specific character additions and changes to try and even counter tracer. We don’t need to go further down that rabbit hole.

22 Likes

Buffing Tracer is not the answer tbh. Pretty sure it was Tracer that has us in this predicament right now

45 Likes

No. Tracer should not counter the comp intended to counter her and go back to being too powerful.

10 Likes

GOATs isn’t specifically a Tracer counter.

It’s an entire DPS roster counter.

7 Likes

Watch the Hunters.

Goats exists because of the previous meta sniper comp.

Also buffing Tracer to fix goats is like enlarging an ant to solve world hunger but instead you now have a giant ant destroying cities.

13 Likes

Ive been sayong this all along :man_shrugging:

It’s a Tracer counter that’s overperforming. Tracer does not need to go back to being OP to stop it. Each patch has brought it more and more in line.

While I agree, these are the overwatch forums. Upset support mains run rampant here and Tracer + Genji are their top priority to get nerfed into oblivion.

2 Likes

I mean those people wouldn’t be hungry anymore lol

The Devs have stated multiple times that they created Brig to counter Tracer. They never considered the possibility of Triple Tank, Triple Support being a composition.

Jeff originally said he thought Mercy/Brig healer duo would be a viable option

Saying Tracer doesn’t need to be buffed isn’t the same thing as saying they need to be nerfed tho

4 Likes

… what the profanity removed are you talking about

And Brig can’t do that outside of 3x3. GOATs still can.

You tried solving one problem and created a much worse one :roll_eyes:

1 Like

All of this is consequences that the Devs didn’t think about.

Launch Brigitte could counter Tracer by herself but they nerfed her so much that she can’t do her job well anymore and is only viable in 3-3 at this point.

Originally, you didn’t need GOATs to counter Tracer but now you do because Brig can’t counter Tracer in a 2-2-2 comp anymore

None of the replies here are saying Tracer should be nerfed, at least not yet. I’m sure some troll will read this and crawl out from under their bridge to say Tracer is busted.

4 Likes

Yeah but the solution isn’t to buff her against the only thing that still works.

Let GOATs die and then see what adjustments Tracer and Brig still need, if any, since them being balanced was the point of all this and we don’t want to lose that thread.

Plenty of potential GOATS counters have been trash for ages now on PC.

My take on all this is that some heroes will always be better against some compositions than others. Tracer excels when she can pick off targets that are more spread out and vulnerable. She doesn’t do well against a comp that is based around AoE healing and deathballing because the value of her mobility is lessened and her damage is more easily mitigated.

On the other hand, a hero like Junkrat excels against a bunched-up team but isn’t as strong at picking off vulnerable targets.

Obviously Junkrat isn’t the hero that’s going to end GOATs, but these inherent strengths and weaknesses are baked into the core design of the heroes themselves. Buffing a hero like Tracer who has been consistently powerful for the majority of the game’s existence just because the current meta is resilient to her doesn’t make much sense, in my opinion.

3 Likes