BSOD Blue Screen When Playing Overwatch 2 - Anyone else?

i’ve had this happen twice now i’d really love a fix cause this is really annoying

1 Like

I have the same issue.
Ryzen 9 3900XT and RTX 3090

2 Likes

Is this only for the RTX 3000 series? Anyone getting this BSOD while not on a 3000?

1 Like

I think it is related to either the 30 series or Ryzen CPUs or a combination of both

I also did a complete reinstall of Windows and only installed drivers, overwatch and discord but it still happens, so something is definitely up with overwatch 2, as this is the only game i play where it happens. Overwatch 1 also did not have this problem for me

1 Like

Running a 3080 and 5600x personally so that sucks, guess I’ll have to stay away from this game until Blizz pulls their head out of their *ss.
This launch is embarrassing.

1 Like

having the same issue with a 1060 and intel i7-8700, can only run the game for about 5 - 10 min before
getting a bsod with dcp watchdog violation, have updated Windows and my ssd drivers also have the latest nvidia driver but interestingly have also been getting bsod 3 times while not running the game after installing it i have never seen that problem before, i think it might be related to high cpu usedge since i have also seen spinkes in the usedge every 30- 60 sec from system interrupts causing 1 sec stutters when these hit while running the game that might be what is causing it

I have a 2080TI and it’s happening to me.

1 Like

Do you all have NVIDIA RTX Voice / Nvidia Broadcast installed?

3 Likes

I do. Do you have it installed too?

Yes and the kernel dump indicates that it might be the issue:

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_OUT_OF_SYNC_PROCESSOR_STACKPTR_ERROR_nvrtxvad64v!unknown_function

(nvrtxvad64v.sys is the nvidia rtx voice driver)

1 Like

I also have Nvidia Broadcast installed and running. I’m getting a different FAILURE_BUCKET_ID though. My dump file is listing:

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nt!KeAccumulateTicks

I’m not sure what to make of this one yet.

EDIT:
I used WhoCrashed (a recommendation from a volunteer on these forums) to try and get a better idea of what was causing the problem. It reported Nvidia Broadcast as the culprit for all of the dump files that I have. Looks like CPTNCosmo was on to something. I don’t know why it wasn’t showing up in WinDbg for me. For anyone getting BSODs it might be worth checking out your dump files with WhoCrashed.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, sometimes 15 mins, sometimes hours in. It’s even happened while I have OW2 open but minimized.
I’m running a 2070SUPER with a Ryzen 7 2700x and I’ve never had this issue with any other game inc OW1.
Also saw some people mentioning NVIDIA software, I’m running broadcast constantly so maybe that’s something to do with it.

Uninstalled NVIDIA Broadcast, waiting for queue right now to test crash!
EDIT: So far no crash, been playing for a few hours and no crash so far! will update if that changes! TRY UNINSTALLING NVIDIA BROADCAST (OR ANY PROGRAM THAT USES RTX VOICE) IF YOU HAVE IT

5 Likes

I also uninstalled it and so far looking good - but then again it can sometimes take a few hours to happen… But I hope that resolved the issue

1 Like

don’t have nvidia broadcast how are you looking at the crash dumps?

Exactly same issue here.

Rtx 2080, Ryzen 9 3900x

I used WinDbg
do you perhaps use any other software that uses RTX voice, for example Logitech GHub can use it

think i fixed it now now have 40 min in game and have not crashed
i don’t use other rtx software looking at the crash dump using this guide:
https: //www .windowscentral .com/how-open-and-analyze-dump-error-files-windows-10
apparently glasswire was causing the issues i just uninstalled it

I also have this issue when playing or in queue. Honestly really sucks, I put in a bug report.

1 Like

Has your BSOD’s stopped as well nixing the Nvidia Broadcast?