BSOD Blue Screen When Playing Overwatch 2 - Anyone else?

I have the same issue

Like the nvidia overlay?

Thank you for recommending whocrashed - it also said broadcast for me. I didnt uninstall it but disabled it for OW2. :smiley:

same here, my friend got a kernel fault with the nVidia graphics driver and I got the DPC violation

Whocrashed said NV broadcast for me. Uninstalled it and going to try again.

Same problem here, however I’m running a 3800x and a 6800XT. Ive reinstalled windows, all drivers updated, reinstalled the game, ran as admin, nothing is helping.

1 Like

Just stopping it, or deleting it all together?

I thought I was going crazy. been testing all other games and all sorts of configs, been reading the crash dumps but unfortunately my dumps havent been showing nv broadcast as the culprit. Uninstalled/disabled it and have had no issues. Really hope blizzard or nvidia fixes this as ive been using it as a noise gate because it works so well for my use case.

edit specs
EVGA RTX 3080
Ryzen 3700x
Windows 10 21h2

1 Like

Also been noticing full PC lockups when playing Overwatch 2. Just uninstalled NVIDIA Broadcast and will see if I still have issues

3 Bluescreens none after closing down Brodcast, quite stupid if you ask me, only in OW2

2 Likes

Can we get a fix to that please?
RTX Voice is must have feature for me.

I also noticed that I have those crashes much more often when I play in fullscreen than windowed borderless.

4 Likes

Can confirm the freezing is gone after uninstalling Broadcast

1 Like

This works, but this can’t be the Solution. Every other game works whilst NVIDIA Broadcast is active, so should Overwatch.

5 Likes

needs to be an official announcement somewhere now that it’s confirmed OW2 + nVidia Broadcast = BSOD

1 Like

I’ll pass this info along. nVidia doesn’t have a driver update since before the game launched, so this is likely the top contributing factor.

4 Likes

Just had this happen to me. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I can bet it’s because of RTX Voice (As I use it for my mic). I’ll just wait until it gets fixed. Because it didn’t start happening for me until after the most recent update.

nVidia Broadcast is really a must have for me, hoping for a fix soon :frowning:

Happens to me too, but I’m on a 3800x and 6800XT. I dont think its completely Nvidia related.

There was just a new driver for the 4090 release. Not sure if the issue was fixed though

A new driver was released today for the RTX 4090 release, it may have helped this issue but not sure, needs to be fact checked