Brigitte's shieldhealth should be lowered. It is what makes her dominate everyone 1v1

1v1s dont matter in a team game

She’s a 1v1 hero. Try using your other 5 teammates to fight her, its not hard.

You answered your own question:

Typically, it’s because I saw an opportunity that seemed too good to pass up, such as an out of position Rein that I could Bash and cut off his shield for a second.

Or maybe it was because we had a very passive Rein that would not help us move toward a flank route (this happens more often than you think) so I took initiative.

Or maybe it was because we were in the middle of a brawl and attacks were coming from multiple directions, then when something went wrong and I tried to fall back behind Rein shield for safety, it was too late.

There’s lots of reasons it can happen.

You seem incredibly hung up on winrates, though. I’m not, because like I said, people STILL aren’t playing her correctly. They’re starting to, but the start of the season seems to be bringing back a lot of people who quit midway through Season 10 and, thus, didn’t learn anything.

The reason I use Brigitte exclusively is because I wanted to see if this whole “fast track to GM” thing was valid. I’ve gained maybe, like, 200 SR during the period I started one-tricking her despite the fact that my winrate is higher than what she’s averaging even at her most successful rank.

I’ve yet to see any reason why her winrates are a valid concern, rather than overblown complaints by people who don’t even understand her kit. (Not you, but people in general.)

Not “60”. 66. That’s significantly higher.

A six percent difference, with more than 100 games played, is the difference between Brigitte’s current winrates and Mercy’s.

I still don’t see any reason for it. Like I said, her winrates don’t scare me.

Teammates who don’t know how to shoot her shield scare me.

Nah I didn’t. I was talking like confirmation kills when it’s relatively safe. Not thousands of damage being thrown in one direction. You can tell rein shield health by the cracking, and communication, there really shouldn’t be a time where you go infront of it when it’s about to break from the damage being thrown at it. That is just bad play that you did get punished for. That’s how much it takes to get punished for it.

Uh… Yeah. Winning is what matters on the ladder. If a hero is having an extreme winrate like Brigitte’s, throughout the ladder, for over a season, that is a huge difference from the rest of the roster and every other new hero there has been. So yeah, I do give it a good amount of significance.

Have a 66% winrate on any other hero?

Ik, your winrate is above the norm for Brigitte. And Brigitte is far above the norm. The normal winrate for a hero, statistically, in gold or plat, is 51%-52%. Brigittes average is around the 56%-58% in those tiers. Way above norm. And yours, even further. Crazy, right?

They should. Then again, why would they if you’re one tricking Brigitte? I unfortunately flex. Lot of Rein and Mercy this season… A lot… People really don’t like playing those heroes.

No, it should be a pinch shield with no more than 200 HP.

1 Like

Nah that’s dumb. She isn’t that out of line, and even reducing her shield down to 400 would require a solid buff to another aspect of her kit.

Devs: Heres a support that is both a hybrid of a tank and a support.
You: Lol, no give the support a paper for shield pls.

Like…really? Thats the dumbest nerf Ive seen on the forums. You wanna turn that tank support hybrid to just a support? 600hp is THAT difficult to take down?

I get that you hate Brigitte but come on. Thats just ridiculous.

1 Like

Yes. It is. You can’t deny the facts she has a ridiculous winrate throughout ladder. Best way to do that is reduce the shield health. It’s only her own personal shield. It’s not a winston bubble used for team protection that can get hit from spam damage aimed anywhere.

Yet her pick says otherwise. I dont wanna get into the winrate discussion because youre already on it with Succubus.

If you wanna reduce its health, at least 500 and buff inspire for her to heal her team better. She still needs a reliable shield to close the gap between her and the enemy so she can act aggressively to heal. Thats how her healing works (aside from her armor pack) after all.

She has a shield for a reason along with how the way she heals as well. You cant gut her shield health to 200 hp and expect her to play fine. Some of us still want her to be viable and playable.

Nah she doesn’t need a compensation buff. Just shield to 500 and see where she stands. In play she takes either a support or a DPS slot the VASTTTT majority of the time. Tanking is also just space denial, presence, ability to draw focus from the enemy team. Her 600 hp shield that can’t be head shot, along with her close range burst combo, allow her to have an immense presence.

Just drop the shield to 500 and see how it plays out. Well played Brigittes probably won’t feel it. Meanwhile, her winrates might normalize somewhat throughout the ladder.

It’s rare to see an honest Brigitte player.Most of them say “Eheh git gud.U dunt wanna adapt.”

Burst damage can happen at roughly any time, though. Just because Reinhardt’s shield is healthy right now doesn’t mean that by the time you try to go confirm a kill around a corner or something (your words) his shield will still be healthy and waiting for you when you return.

Statistical character winrates don’t demonstrate character balance, though. Brigitte is a character that virtually every good player says is not a problem. The people who have issue with her are typically bad players who don’t even realize their own bad play.

My next-highest is Orisa at 65% and slightly less than half the playtime.
What does this question have to do with SR, though?

Like I said, winrates don’t matter to me, so as far as I’m concerned, that’s just Greek.

If this is meant to imply something, then just say it.

Otherwise, I don’t see how me having a lot of hours on a character disqualifies me from having an opinion about the character. Especially when (as already stated) I’m willing to swap off of her when countered instead of complaining.

Im specifically talking about the guy that said 200hp. Like…really?

As much as you cant headshot Brigitte, she still has some leeway around her shield; splash damage is quite effective against her because compared to other barriers, it only covers just the character model, allowing damage from the angled sides unlike Rein or Orisa who has a bigger area.

100hp still makes a difference, just like how they reduced S76 damage from 20 to 19, Tracers pulse bomb from 400 to 300 and D.va micro missiles damage nerf. Small, but its a big difference.

If you want to nerf her 500hp, at least increase inspire from 16 to 18 and let her heal better.

I would focus the healing less on her and more on her team mates.Like reducing repair pack to 4 seconds and 100hp(25hp/sec).So she can heal more frequently.

No, she is by herself, a full on anti-flanking monster. There needs to be a compromise. She needs to be an anti-flank assist. I have invested so much time into getting good at Tracer and other flankers but suddenly a hero is introduced that doesn’t take a player with anything more than three fingers and one arm to counter high skill heroes who people have invested a lot of time into.

Before Brig, Tracer could be countered with commutation and heroes like Zen, Cree, Reaper, Doom, and even Soldier who all took equal skill to shut down a Tracer. Now we have Brig who people can just pick up and counter enemies immediately. How boring.

Here is how you fix the stupid IKEA knight, with a brig fat nerf.

• Shield health reduced to 200 HP
  • Shield bash stun now replaced with a boop that knocks enemies back and does 70 damage, formerly 50 damage. (Now if the Brig has enough skill, she can land her rocket flail on the booped enemy leaving them crippled, flying backward, and retreating instead of 1-shot-comboing them. IT’S FINALLY FUN! and SKILLFUL!)
  • Inspire healing (the one with the mace flails) now only heals Brigitte if she has not taken damage for 1 second. Inspire healing reduced from 16 healing/second to 10 healing/second.

Oh my god, she is perfect now and still viable. Rather than completely shutting down Tracer and flankers on her own, she can properly assist anti-flank allies in fending them off by using her shield, armor packs, and mace. Brigitte can no longer 1 shot combo enemies now and is far less annoying to deal with.

The game needs dynamics brought back to it, there are so few fun options on what to play now. It’s always a Brig and grav dragon. Give us more and don’t ruin the game for heroes that take skill by adding some OP ones that take none. That’s all I want, I just want to enjoy Overwatch again, and I don’t want to end up quitting to go play some boring Royalle shooter or some typical COD/Siege-like shooter. But people ARE quitting, regional top 500’s and pros ARE quitting because this game is just annoying to play. It’s going to take less than some dev making a better game with the ideas of Overwatch to completely shut this game down. I’m getting close to finishing my CS degree and I’m considering to start planning one myself (I would rather apply that energy to work towards completely rebalancing/reworking Overwatch’s sandbox in my spare time, but I don’t think the devs would even bat an eye at it), I am just getting so annoyed at this game. The same thing happened with WOW, people got too angry about the balancing on that game, that Blizzard completely pulled out of their own forums and other community forums, OW is getting to the point of annoyance and the community is getting to the point of anger that the same is imminent to happen here soon.

So basically, she’s a worse Roadhog?

FUN and SKILLFUL!

Not even close.

That’s game sense through and through. To have a 66% win rate you should be able to know where the enemy is, where the pressures are likely to come from, what your main tanks situation is like. While burst damage ofc happens, Brigitte also has one of the most clutch burst heals in her 150 repair pack that goes into armor overheal. Can set someone up for a kill they’d be pressured away from, or get someone around a corner they’d otherwise die trying to reach.

Game sense, and when played with strong game sense, Brigitte is ridiculous outside of the highest tiers.

We are all bad players. The good players you are referring to are literally 1% or less of the overall population. And yeah, I even said her kit is kind of balanced, with highest tiers in mind, but outside of that, it’s ridiculous, as demonstrated by the winrates. The goal isn’t to prove some conclusion we came to through feeling, but to understand a situation and illuminate the details of it. Statistics help us in that illumination. Dismissing them is just willful ignorance. There’s margins of error in EVERYTHING. Inaccuracies in everything. Objective statistical data like pick and win rates offers us something to refer our anecdotes and experiences to. They are not to be dismissed or taken as gospel, they are to be considered.

Considering that, my own personal experience, and also what I have seen/thought about/considered, the most logical adjustment to Brigitte is to lower her shield health. It raises her skill floor, as you need to rely on game sense to mitigate damage, not just derping into a storm of projectile spam and such. Brigittes get away with too much throwing their body into stupid situations and coming out of it alive. Sure, it feels good when you do it, but it’s not good for the game as a whole.

Keep playing Orisa and see if she keeps up with your Brigitte in winrate, similar hours played. For you to be maintaining 60%+ winrates within your tier, after like 10 hours of playing, you are being matched with people you’re clearly better than. If you’re only achieving that on 1 hero, then that hero is possibly broken in the tier you’re playing in.

The matchmaker, the SR system, etc, tries to create matches where the teams have a 50/50 chance of winning. To have consistent 60% over a lot of hours is an issue. Especially if it’s only with 1 particular hero.

When we have THIS MANY PEOPLE having this level of success with one specific hero, to have such a wild variance in the overall average via Overbuff, for over a season, there is no way you can argue this isn’t a problem, or a huge deviation from the norm as far as this game and hero design is considered.

The obvious cause is probably a rock bottom skill floor. Lowering shield health raises that floor substantially, while having less of an impact at the highest tiers where team coordination and such make the individual shield health not very important. It’s not relied on often.

She had counters.But those counters required aim and skill. Compare tracer,on her you had to burn down max. 299hp.On Brigitte it’s 600hp shield+200hp+50armor(which halves the damage you deal).
And the people who say Tracer has a "free out of jail card"with recall.Atleast you can cause her to retreat.Besides Brigitte’s “free out of jail card” has 600hp.

Go away Brig main, your presence tilts me out of my chair. Try to get GM before she is nerfed fixed.

No you shouldn’t have said that.Now she’s gonna try and make you look like a crybaby to make herself feel supperior XD