Brigitte Shield Bash Nerf is a MUST

There is already a nerf on ptr, chill.

2 Likes

The game isn’t enjoyable every time a new Hero is released, but after 1-2 months it’s all ok.
Look Moira. Who complain about Moira anymore? She hadn’t had nerf, but, EHY, they stopped.

So stop.

2 Likes

You do not need a Brigitte to counter a Brigitte and there are better characters for stopping ults.

Maybe you need to stop letting blind hatred direct you and actually take a look at things logically?

8 Likes

And maybe you should learn to play the game instead of whining like a spoiled brat on the forums. Brigitte is NOT A MUST-PICK. Even if she were, it wouldn’t be because if her shield bash. I already pointed out the exact reasons why it’s balanced TWICE, but you still choose to ignore it regardless. Ignorance is a plague, but ignorance by choice is a cancer.

5 Likes
  1. That’s still predicting movements. Maybe you’ve forgotten that Hook has been massively nerfed since the game came out, not to mention it doesn’t go through shields, and can be deflected as well as cancelled by Shield bash.
  2. My point is that Ana’s SD is more balanced than Sheild Bash.
  3. You can stun but you won’t get much damage from it, and you can start shooting him right after, where Brigitte just tosses her shield back up, or wacks you, because she doesn’t have to aim.
  4. Even with Sombra’s gun buff, she still has a hard time taking out heroes at 15 M distance. It’s certainly better, but still not as dangerous as Shield Bash. SB actually STOPS you too. You can’t fire or do anything, Sombra hack doesn’t keep you from shooting back.
  5. I’ve never had an issues stopping Coalescence, Whole Hog, DeathBlosson (of course), or even D.Va ability to CALL her damn mech back.If timed right (and it’s not hard) you can stop heroes from activating ANY ult. I’ve seen it happen to Sombra’s EMP (which you gotta be close to use), Mei’s Blizzard, Tracer’s bomb, you name it.
  1. Doomfist’s punch also goes through shields. And hook was nerfed due to his ohk shot combo on 80% of the cast. Hook not going through shields was one of the things that balanced it, especially when he could hook and kill the majority of the cast including 2 of the tanks.
  2. Except Brigitte’s Shield Bash, when it comes to stopping ults, is balanced by its lack of range and ability to be locked by breaking the shield.
  3. You can do as much or double the amount of damage shield bash gives when using uncharged Rocket Punch. Also as mentioned before it also ignores barriers. Oh and if Brigitte is being shot from afar and throws her shield up that is a good thing. Cause then you can break her shield and then ult as she cannot bash without it.
  4. On the subject of specifically stopping the ult the damage of her gun does not matter. Her kit is also designed to allow her the ability to approach or hack from odd angles.
  5. Then you have somehow always found yourself against enemies foolish enough to ult within 6m of a Brigitte. They deserved to have their ult canceled.
4 Likes

Just made a small thread on Ana/ Brigitte if you wanna look at it Ana/ Brigitte Balancing Ideas

Wait, did you compare widowmaker to Bridget?

2 Likes

I copied the post and made a couple of changes to make a point.

Brigitte is nothing like Widow.

She is a lot like Hog though

If you ult near her it’s you fault. You need to be self-aware of your surrounds, specially now that Brigitte is in the game :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t thow Mei ults at D’vas for the same reason :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bet they would complain about D.Va if she was added recently

If they added Bastion recently, the forums would rain blood.

Haha I can already imagine xD

She just got a nerf to the shield bash zone! Seriously relax. Brigitte is needed for this game whether you like the idea of it or not.

4 Likes

I’m not at all convinced it was a nerf :slight_smile:

Now she can stun the person she was targeting rather than some random near by.

She still won’t miss…

I am surprisingly ok with it.

2 Likes

So would you like to give all supports the Mercy treatment where they are cemented into the ground for you to hit after using an ability? Will that make you happy?

4 Likes

She will definitely be nerfed, it’s just a matter of when. Low skill players in forums will always brigade for easy to use heroes. Just wait it out. Comp stats will appear, and Blizzard will have to act.

What do you mean? I am FINE with how Brigitte is.

I don’t think it was a nerf, which is good since… I don’t think she needs one.

1 Like
  1. Hook was OP because of particular reasons A. It relocated targets into Roadhog’s effective range B. Roadhog could do up to 450 damage in a single shot following it up C. At the time its cooldown was too short for Roadhog’s power and how it dragged targets out of position to their death. That was why it had to be nerfed, while Shield Bash does not. Brigitte has to go out of position in relation to her team to make use of her Bash and its combo which will only kill Tracer, as her damage can otherwise be out healed.
  2. Not every character fights on top of the objective, in fact in high level play most of the characters in the game are used to get a man advantage and then take the objective. 6m ultimately in high teamplay games is too short to be reliable anti-ult.
  3. Most DPS can take the shield down in 2 clips. In fact Soldier 76 who is often suggested can take it down in 1 clip and a Helix Rocket. McCree can use his dodge roll to gain distance (it moves as far as bash) and instant reload (cutting it down from 1.5 to .4 sec reload) and then dump 3 more rounds to break the shield. The only DPS who would struggle with that shield is Genji, but he is meant to be countered by Brigitte anyways.
  4. Not nessecarily. Many DPS ults are directional instead of omni-directional and the omni-directional ones she out ranges. Sombra’s kit allows her to place herself where she wont get hit. If she does get hit she screwed up.

Bonus Round: McCree’s flashbang outranges her bash and can bypass the shield above, to the sides, or even flashing her feet, so McCree can stun her before she can stun him if he times it right. Then follow up with headshots or if she is close enough a Fan the Hammer.

Added Bonus: Doomfist’s Rocket Punch hitbox is ideally placed to completely ignore the shield bash, and charged from a sufficient distance and at a angle for a wall hit he can then proceed to inflict critical (240) damage on Brigitte and use the stun to land a shotgun blast on her to kill her.

Sorry but, I have not lost.

6 Likes