Ana/ Brigitte Balancing Ideas

I’ve been thinking about an Ana buff for a while now, in fact a passive that might help her and I’m also just gonna throw in some Brigitte balancing ideas too since she could use some tuning.

Ana:

• Biotic Rifle

• Fire Rate increased from 1.2 shots per second to 1.4

• Ammunition increased to 12 from 10

• Shots will now pierce full HP allies

• Reload time increased to 1.8 seconds (Previously 1.5)

• Sleep Dart

• Cooldown decreased from 12 to 10 seconds
  • Nano Boost

• Now heals the targeted ally for 30% of their total HP upon use.

New Passive: Biotic Shots

• The initial Biotic Rifle shot on an ally or enemy will do bonus healing.

• Has a per-target cooldown of 12 seconds and does not trigger on full HP allies
    • The initial shot on an ally will do 40 bonus healing, while on an enemy it will do 20 bonus damage.
    • A marker should be displayed next to the player’s gamertag to show when the passive is ready for use.

My Comments: I’ve always wanted to see Ana with a passive and had quite a few ideas, this one seemed the best so I went with it. She also got some minor survivability buffs, but didn’t wanna go too far with them because her main problem right now is the meta really doesn’t like her. These changes should increase her overall power while keeping her skill level the same because right now she doesn’t feel as powerful as other healers and is falling a bit behind even in higher level play.

Brigitte:

• Inspire

• Healing per second increased to 20
  • Barrier Shield

• HP decreased to 450

• Increase size a bit and curve it a little to allow it to block more AoE effects

• Recharges 1 second after being down (Formerly 2)

• Shield Bash

• Cooldown increased to 7 seconds

• Increase dash range to 8m

• (Might add some hitbox changes depending on how the PTR goes)

• Armor and Shields in General

• Order changed to Normal HP, Shields, then Armor rather than Normal HP, Armor, then Shields.

My Comments: I really like Brigitte and how she’s this tank support hybrid. She’s a good addition however she is pretty annoying to play against due to her short cooldowns and the way armor comes before shields in HP order. These should fix most of her issues while also still keeping her power the same in 1 vs 1s and making Shield Bash more tactical.

All of these are subject to change if necessary.