Brigitte Shield Bash Nerf is a MUST

Thought you were against the character by the way the post sounded. Glad we are on the same page. She is fine and people need to switch off like the rest of us.

2 Likes

Hell, I Mei, and she is one of my counters.

She is fine, I don’t close against her, and just fire icicles at her shield till it goes away. Then I kill her.

I don’t do anything stupid like drive into a combat next to her just because I have a freezy gun.

if a Mei main can learn to stand back and deal with her, I am sure the rest of the players will eventually learn.

eventually being the right word…

2 Likes

Tbh, I actually prefer the PTR version. It won’t affect me that much. I can now focus certain enemies better which is good

1 Like

I left Mercy for Brigitte. I hope they don’t nerf her like they did with Mercy

1 Like

I know right, our teams Brigitte was super happy about it. She HATED stunning the wrong target and getting ulted.

We use her as a tank in maps where we are not facing a lot of high ground. (since she SUCKS against high ground) Otherwise it is D’va time.

1 Like

I saw 3 threads of nerf yesterday so no it’s not completely stop.
But the full hatred goes to Brigitte.
Hope when hanzo got his Storm Arrow, he will be the next and forget Brigitte.

1 Like

Yeah… the forums are going to MELT when they face the storm bow the first time.

Look, I get she’s frustrating, but no.

I think Moira has absolutely screwed any fun I had in this game, but we all deem her as balanced - even I do. Your own feelings and your lack of enjoyment fighting her do not warrant a nerf.

7 Likes

If canceling ults is your main complaint all I can say is welcome to Reapers life. Yet I still manage to pull of his ult in this world of stuns and burst damage.

Besides its not like you can throw a flashbang over her shield, punch through as Doomfist(lower cooldown), just break it, use splash damage around her feet(Pharah, Junkrat and helix rocket) or Roadhog just straight up counters her.

My most favorite strategy against her shield is staying outside her shield bash range and busrt her shield and herself down.

1 Like

It seems that it will take time to tune her down. Mercy valk wise

Ults should not be that easy to cancel.
If they’re not impactful why are they in the game anymore ?

1 Like

Roadhog hook requires a bit of aim, Ana sleep dart is one of the hardest abilities in the game to hit from range, Hack is easy to hit if you dont get hit in the process, Doomfist has to hit the punch to stun you and a lot of times you miss, Brigitte justs walks up with her shield up, stuns you, slaps you a few times and doesnt die because of healing, then boops you away if she gets in trouble. Not to mention that her ult gives armor that doesnt go away like the armor from her repair packs.

2 Likes

Have you played brigdette? I find the miss use of shield bash leads to her death and zero value about 50% of the time.

She has known reliable hard counters while being a soft counter to flankers. I think the nerf on the PTR should do just fine for now

1 Like

Brigitte’s Shield Bash requires being within six meters of an enemy, and while the cooldown is short, the damage is minimal and the risk to her is real since she can’t keep up the shield and be able to attack at the same time. She needs to lower it to attack, and that often kills her if she’s fighting a stronger opponent, especially considering 155 is the maximum damage she could do in a single burst. Multiple enemies on the Offense/Defense categories are able to do several times as much damage without even needing to blow their whole kit, and since Brigitte has to over-extend to such a disgusting level to accomplish anything, it just leaves her unable to do anything to fight back. Even her self-sustain is minimal as well, having only 16 per second, and it goes onto a 1.5 cooldown between every individual swing. She doesn’t do enough damage and doesn’t have enough self-sustain to make herself a real menace unless the enemy she’s targeting is alone, or if someone’s incredibly stupid and charges at her.

What’s more is that they already reduced the cone size of her bash on the PTR. I figured that’d make people quit their whining by even a tiny amount, but of course, people are ALWAYS going to complain until the game is designed to completely adhere to one person’s constant complaints. This thread is the exact proof of it, where a whiny, degenerate little child thinks that he’s entitled to have the game revolve around him. Just learn to counterplay, or better yet, just leave the game altogether. They’re not going to extend the cooldown and they certainly aren’t going to remove the stun aspect of it. The reason being on account of how it’s the least efficient out of all the stuns and CC effects in the game. It’s critical to her kit and if it was removed or nerfed, it’d basically kill her as a character, which completely contradicts what Blizzard intended on doing with her in the first place.

Forum Moderator Note: Inappropriate comment removed.

4 Likes

Roadhog’s hook requires aim because of its range, but use it at close range and you have to aim it far, far less due to its large grab box.

Hack is by design supposed to be used from an ambush position. Her kit by design lets her easily get into those positions. This is why Sombra still works well at the pro level in the hands of those with lots of time on her like Danteh.

Doomfist has to hit the punch yes, but its hitbox was recently made larger and its become a lot easier to hit because of that. Not to mention at short ranges when using it for a stun instead of damage its just as if not more efficient then shield bash is.

Brigitte though cannot just walk up and stun you unless you let her. She cuts her movement speed by 30% which gives more time for one to break her shield. In fact if any hero just backs up and was never in shield bash range to begin with she has to drop her shield to maintain distance, or try to push you to retreat into a wall.

Her shield health is one of the lowest of the deployable barriers. It does not protect against splash, so any character with a splash weapon or attack can bypass the shield with ease.

And her healing? She has to receive healing from an external source to survive as her own passive heal A) Needs her to hit something with her mace and B) outputs as much as an unamp’d lucio. Which every character in the game even Moira’s 50 DPS outpaces. She can only really benefit from her passive if she can sustain through using her shield, which puts her mobility and damage combo at risk. Without that shield her viability plummets.

Her ult when it comes to a support ult is weak, unable to save people from any ult except a Winston’s Primal Rage. Its main benefit is the lasting armor it gives which is great against flankers in particular and shotgun characters.

People like to try to paint Brigitte as this unstoppable monster, when her stats do not suggest anything like that.

4 Likes

Exactly. People exaggerate everything to such disgusting levels, all for the sake of getting something to happen, but nobody ever falls for such blatant BS when they could easily see the actual results.

4 Likes

Ults were always that easy to cancel if you were not paying attention to the heroes that could CC. Seriously the constant exaggeration about how ‘‘OP’’ Brigitte is needs to stop.

3 Likes

An ability with a 4 meter range having zero risk? Ok.

Shield bash is OP for the same reasons Deflect is broken.
-Brokenly large and deceiving hitbox
-0 risk, 100 reward
-Predictable, but not counterable

Basically this. People are not respecting the Brigitte threat area. Do you stand in front of your Rein’s shield and wiggle your bum at the enemy Roadhog? Does he hook you when you do that? Then don’t do it. Do you stand in front of Brigitte and flirtatiously hip-bump her shield while making winky eyes at her? Does she smack you into next week when you do that? THEN DON’T DO IT.

I often have to switch OFF Brigitte because the situation just isn’t working for her. I’ll find myself outranged or a frequent target, and I’m not able to do my job, so I switch to someone else better suited. She’s not Swedish Hercules, walking unscathed through fire and explosions. She’s an annoying off-tank. Well, Tracer’s an annoying flanker, so maybe it’s the DPS’ turn to be annoyed.

1 Like