Brigitte Shield Bash 5s to 6s? You’re joking, right?

Even better would be to start slightly UP and gradually buff.

In what situation doesn’t she have a main tank. Have you guys actually played this game?

No one is complaining about an overextending or out of position Brigitte who you can just shoot. We’re talking about one who isn’t braindead and is moving with her team and who is running behind her tanks if people try to focus her.

If you commit your resources on Brigitte and she just runs back behind her tanks before her shield breaks you’re SOL. Instead of breaking Rein’s barrier or the 600hp Roadhog you targeted the 600hp shield of a character you still didn’t kill.

Watch some high level games if you haven’t seen it first hand. She is crazy survivable which is not a problem in itself. She was designed to be hard to punish but combine that with the rest of her kit being low cooldowns and you have one very nasty character.

You can believe that even the pros are stupid and don’t know what they’re talking about or doing when facing this character. I saw people making the same stupid generalizations with Mercy with things like “click on her head” or “use soldier/McCree ult”. People know what to do, we’re telling you the character is so strong that it’s easier said than done.

She’s already received 3 nerfs when all of you defenders have insisted she’s absolutely fine, you guys really are clueless. Let’s see how many changes have to happen before you realize you were blind.

1 Like

Sombra got a 2 sec cooldown and people lost their minds…maybe they’re just being cautious…

Small changes are the way to go…even if it takes more than one

People figured about how to deal with Moira in 3-4 weeks.
From the complains up here, they haven’t figured out how to deal with Brigitte for more than a month.
But different people, different learning curves. For me, it took me 3 days to learn that Zarya is great against her.

2 Likes

They are testing the ground, don’t push to hard.

What I’d like to know is why Brigitte is always the only character with a good team. She always has a tank to coordinate with and always has healers to save her.

In any case, if you force Brigitte to stay behind her tank, you massively limit what she can do. She can’t dive with Winston or Dva, so the only tanks she can really stay safe behind are Orisa, Rein, and maybe Zarya if she’s on point with her bubbles.

2 Likes

Its a new meta atm anyway.

It isnt like we just have another 5 months of Dive + Mercy after 1 year of Dive.

We get a nice shake up for a little bit.

No need to overnerf Brigitte and just go back to Dive again.

1 Like

1 second is actually a pretty long time in overwatch.

Anyway they are working on her. If more is needed more will be done.

No, it does not work. We will get another Sombra or Orisa who will be considered a failure until myriad of buffs, couple meta shifts and pros using them heavily.

1 Like

Remember when Ana came out and everyone considered her underpowered and demanded buffs? Turned out she was okay beforehand, people just didn’t give enough time to get used to her and her buffs made her a must pick and created the Tank meta.

1 Like

I’m fine with that.
Orisa is the number 1 main tank right now. Sombra… ah, poor Sombra. She does need some love.

I believe they moved to the idea “start slightly OP, tune down if needed”. DF launch (Rocket Punch hitbox), Mercy rework, D.Va rework, Junkrat buffs, Moira release (nailed it here), Sombra buffs, Brig release, Hanzo rework (not clear yet). Opposed to release of Ana, Sombra and Orisa.

They were also previously fast to use the nerf hammer (McSniper, FTH, 150 Widow, Mei ult, nano-speed, Ironclad Bastion, Rocket Punch again) and now they hesitate to do this with Mercy, Junkrat and Brig “baby steps” nerfs.

My general thought is learn the character before you complain about them. So that if you do wind up complaining about them you can at least do so accurately.

Well, if Brigitte is dropping her shield then that clears you for forcing her off by chewing through her HP and forcing her to need a healer pocket if she wants to push.

The main thing though is that her shield is her central asset to her damage, mobility, and ability to perform her role. Make her unable to use it and her value plummets drastically. Invalidating the shield is how you force a Brigitte to swap.

3 Likes

Brigitte’s kit is fine. The problem is Rein falling behind.

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwj0BIl1my4

Sure they might be 20 meters across, but if she is standing in the center, she effectively covers 12m of the 20, leaving only 4 meters of “cover” on each side. Plus it wouldn’t take long for her to cover those 4 meters to then shield bash you anyway. It is hard to keep your distance, your argument is just trying to be way too specific and trusting that team coordination will be perfect.

1 Like

She’s not, this is why both teams are picking Brigitte. The better question is why in people’s Brigitte scenarios is she running past safety and never using her abilities then falling back?

I know support players don’t have good understanding of other roles but rotating is a thing in this game. You get in, do your thing and rotate back out with your main tank. If you knew how to play Zarya it’s a similar move, you play aggressively when you have your bubble then fall back.

However unlike Zarya, Brigitte can take far more punishment and is far more disruptive and she heals herself and she plays in compositions that have two tanks to protect her(unlike the one for Zarya) or two other supports to keep her topped up.

She’s not unkillable but her role is literally a new aspect to the game that the devs have to fine tune. As she is now she is not balanced.

She’s also the newest character in the game, so both teams picking her is an inevitability either way.

Was that a passive-aggressive shot at me?

If so, nice try, but I actually flex.

Brigitte can’t take more damage than Zarya and heal herself at the same time. Her ult aside. She has to drop her shield to initiate the healing in any way.

The only two advantages that Brig has over Zarya are her armor and her self-healing, which helps her out against rapid fire and scratch damage. However, her health is still easily burst through.

2 Likes

Inspire is on a 5 second cooldown. Her ability cooldowns are lower than the time it takes inspire to run out. She absolutely can take more damage than Zarya with her 600hp shield and 250 health including armor and heal herself.

Which for the millionth time her values themselves are not the problems. It’s a combination of those values on the specific role that she fulfills that is causing problems.

1 Like

You miss my point. To initiate inspire, she has to drop her shield. She has to open herself up to danger in order to use her passive.

That’s the reason I keep Brigitte in the corner of my eye when I play Hanzo, Widow or any other high-damage hero. The second I see her drop her shield to do anything, I take a shot and punish her heavily. If she keeps her shield up after that to desperately try and heal the damage…that’s fine. I want her to be scared.

4 Likes

She can initiate inspire from behind her tanks and even in the small periods of time when she forces aggression she’s not just getting instantly deleted.

Are we playing the same game? The current game where Brigitte is one of the most survivable characters ever in part due to her kit and the team choices made around her?