Brigitte Shield Bash 5s to 6s? You’re joking, right?

…Hmm…

Bastion. Orisa. All the heckin’ firepower in the world will keep her and any tank she has in check. They’d have to invest more in damage to take care of a defended Bastion. So… maybe a Reaper or Junkrat…? that would entail dropping the Brig, thus no more need for the Bastion. They would probably go Dive or some other spacious and tactical composition. That would cause that team thereafter to go from a heavy assault team to Dive maybe, then force them back into Brig…

This is all on paper, however. The real test is if people are smart enough to know what changes must be made.

Most can’t even be bothered to learn her name and you want them to learn her damage output?

4 Likes

It’s not true when you look at the 38% increase. 5*1.38 is 6.9. Not even close to 8.

Besides, there’s literally no reason to use increases in decimals in most forms of balance unless you’re reaching for some kind of microscopically calculated end goal.

What the one I’m replying to meant to say is 20% & 60% increase, not 17% and 38%. It’s a common math mistake people make when calculating increases and decreases.

This reply is nonsense.
Everyone agrees that the experience differs from tier to tier. E.g A Moira player in GM knows they are a support first and foremost, where a Moira player in plat may spent 99% of their time trying to dps and letting their team die. So watching a streamer play in Moira meatball comp will be massively different from someone’s game in plat where they tried it with a dps only Moira.

Try watching less streams and form your own opinions from your own experience.

1 Like

You think blizzard want to showcase this to an E-Sports audience? This meta, so far, has been horrific to watch. I’m already imagining the camera cutting to Fury or Poko and them just standing spamming mouse 1. This meta is going to put off viewers and players. There are other popular games that these people will go to.

This, I’d much rather small adjustments than what they did to Mercy on the final nerfs. This approach is fairer for both those who want to play Brigitte and enjoy playing as Brigitte, while also becoming fairer for those who play against Brigitte but don’t really play as Brigitte. It will take a little time but it’s better than only satisfying those who play against Brigitte.

1 Like

I think you are underestimating how long one second is in a fast paced game like overwatch.

2 Likes

This type of mindset is exactly what is wrong with this game and what is actually going to drive people away from the game.

She is not dominating every rank. Try using actual stats please.

Even in the ranks where she is the most picked the second most picked hero is close by a decimal percentage that for us we won’t really see a difference. Anything below diamond though and she begins to drop off the face of the earth.

The fact that you cant see the numerous downsides to her tells me you have no interest is trying to look at her rationally and are just one of those “nerf her into the ground and make her useless” people.

2 Likes

Idk if people realize how great this armor nerf is

That’s 300 less HP of armor that you don’t have to shred through anymore

This is great for DPS especially

You go too quick and you screw it up also. If they change her on ptr on a tue, adapt her again on thurs and then went live the following tue for example thats all well and good for quick nerfs but that is terrible amount of time to adequate feedback and brings nerf but problems. A nerf, sometime, potentially another nerf, some time etc is the way to go.

Which is seemingly whats going on here otherwise you can have the kneejerk reaction that is Sombra (who theyve thoroughly messed up with more bugs than she ever had), the over nerf that is Doomfist who has taken way to long to get remotely viable or the way to slow nerf approach that was Mercy because Blizz couldnt admit a mistake and kept chucking things at her until balance was found in the end at the cost of enjoyment.

Honestly , briggete being added is an very good thing for bastion mains , as bastion counters briggete very hard when in turret mode…

1 Like

Was also really good for Reins. Their numbers grow because the good combo he does with Brigitte.

also now there are more soldiers, zaryas and pharahs.

2 Likes

Brigitte punishes bad players for trying to get too near.

If you’re a Genji/tracer and see a Brigitte, run for your life and dont try to fight her alone. Its only common sense. I’m an ana main and I don’t try to take on tracer/Genji alone.

The biggest problem here is that you Genji/tracer mains assuming you have to faceroll over every hero you encounter.

2 Likes

Yeah but you know, they do not want to “overnerf her”…

(As if it was possible at this point). Brigitte is a God amongst men.

This hahaha

Is so classic see Genjis and Tracers jump alone vs entire teams, just because the mobility may allow them keep alive meanwile they kill the enemy team ahahha

Also the fun fact is that good Tracers and Genjis still can kill Brig by keeping away or on high places. Or attacking by her back.

Also on team fight they are one of the best vs Brigitte: for them is really easy place behind a Brigitte and punish her from her back, so she need turn with the shield to avoid die…but then is your tear the one who is on her back… bad thing for Brigitte. And if she keeps the shield facing your team…well, Tracer will melt her life by shooting her back (or genji by mada mada shuriken dash jumping xD)

2 Likes

Funny meme. I imagine you can play one mid range hero right? Or maybe doomfist? Or maybe sombra? Or pharah? Or junkrat? Or widowmaker?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: If not, the serious issue in the equation is you.

1 Like

he’s a sombra onetrick; that’s his evidence. he doesn’t want to be countered

Honestly I think alot of problems could be solved if Blizzard did not seem so intensely averse to just straight up revert nerfs / buffs that did not work.

It seems so rare for Blizzard to nerf something and then turn around and revert that nerf if it turns out it aint working. Instead it seems like they would rather push or nerf other areas of the character to compensate.

Sometimes it really seem like they should have just gone “okay that did not work” instead of keep walking forward.

1 Like

Or maybe they’ll just not do big changes, and people will get over it and learn to play against the hero like they did with Moira.

1 Like

There’s a difference between a must pick, and being played every match because she’s a fun, tracer-like viable, and mechanically easy to use new hero.

2 Likes