Brigitte Shield Bash 5s to 6s? You’re joking, right?

People have only been complaining about the 5 second CD because that’s just easy pickings. They could make it a 60 second CD and people would still complain about how “oppressive” Brigitte is.

It’s not the cooldown that’s annoying, it’s the fact that her stun is tied to her shield, which means it’s a melee attack so there is no shielding from it, and she can use her shield for cover before, during, and after the stun to get in and out without taking damage. The problem is, it can get tricky to actually fix that. It’s really easy to either make her viable but too oppressive, or not oppressive simply because she isn’t viable. Blizzard’s going to have to tote a fine line with this one.

Also, as a side note, the bash does 50 damage. It’s the whipshot that does 70.

7 Likes

Ya, great breakdown. I just dont think it is worth the time and and effort to use a Winston against Brigitte. I would just rather spam her with Roadhogs weapon to death. Its like you are not going to use a Winston to attack a Bastion, why would you use him to attack a Brigitte.

2 Likes

Lets be honest everyone wants her cd to be 8-9 seconds or they just don’t want her to have a stun at all. We will continue to whine regardless when they’ve nerfed two of her strongest abilities now being sb with the 1 sec cd increase and the hitbox nerf + her ult. People will complain until she’s trash tier or not viable at all in a team setting.

8 Likes

Its not ideal, but its tactics that can be used if you are playing a match and the enemy team swaps to counter you until you or someone else can swap to counter the enemy choice.

In terms of the mixed style of dive we see at the pro level that would basically amount to Widowmaker popping Brigitte’s head every time she turns.

2 Likes

In an actual teamfight on a small objective your forced to play in her range, her flail reaches across the entire objective and all she has to do is take a few steps and shield bash to stun someone… there is no keeping your distance.

Saying “Just keep your distance” is like saying “Just click on her head LOOL” when Sombras Hack got buffed and was too easy to pull of and very unfun, It sounds easy and ideal but thats not how real games work.

Considering the majority of the people complaining about her want her deleted (and some have flat-out said this), I don’t think we can trust the community’s ideas of balancing regarding Brigitte.

I’d rather have small incremental changes. Start slow, keep going from there. Look where hasty changes left Sombra. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I was going to point out the whole “6 meter range vs 20 meter point” thing, but that’s getting old. So I’ll just go with this:

To be fair, you have to realize that Sombra hack had what was effectively a 0.55 second reaction time tied to it. You had to snap instantly to her if you wanted to stop anything.
Staying away from Brigitte just requires basic tracking of enemy positions. You see her on the other side of the point, keep an eye on her as you move around. No snappy reactions or pin point clicking on heads are needed here.

5 Likes

Objective points are ~20m across so she cannot reach across an entire objective. Furthermore you get a man advantage before you rush onto the point, creating an opening from range that will then let you break through their defense.

The only thing she would stand a chance of reach across is a payload. Which even then you should be breaking them at range before moving in, instead of mindlessly hopping onto the payload.

So in truth it actually is not that hard to keep your distance, unless your team has no coordination at all.

1 Like

Brigitte has limited self healing. Without a main tank (Rein) she can’t soak much damage. I’ve been playing tons of Brigitte and that 600hp barrier doesn’t last long. Especially if your trying to close a gap on multiple targets.

She struggles against range and even slight angles allow for lots of chip damage. Spread out cover different angles and Brigitte can’t move on your team at will.

Breaking her shield may not expose her team but it heavily limits her. She can’t begin recharging the shield for 3s and after that it’s only 100 a second. If you keep pressure on her she dies.

6 Likes

Better than killing the hero instantly and putting it in the graveyard, yeah she is oppressive right now but I would prefer nerfing her nice and easy and not killing her instantly.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me on Point A of Temple of Anubis if Brigitte takes 2-3 steps and Shield Bashes she won’t travel across to the other edge of the point or at least near the middle where an enemy would be standing?

I could say the same for a lot of Capture Points, especially Blizzard World.

In Overwatch, “20 meters” isn’t as big as it sounds my friend.

And with how the map is designed if she is sitting on the point you can engage her through the bridge arch or from the high ground and shoot down upon her where she wont be able to shield bash you. There is also the high ground flank to the right you can use to fire down upon her.

Once you get the advantage THEN you move in to take the point.

Similar thing on Blizzard world. You got high ground some characters can use against her and you got routes to the left and right which allow you to hit her from the opposite side of the point at range. Get the advantage then take the point after you win the team fight.

Granted, this generally means the team needs to work together, which is something people should have been doing for the longest but some people still have issues doing.

4 Likes

Putting her shield bash at 7/8 sec will just kill her purpose to counter Dive comp.
What’s the point of calling her meta changing if they nerf her to the ground just cause some Genji mains prefer to throw instead of switch (no joke my only lose in S10 placement is because of a Genji otp who don’t wanted to switch and was always dying alone, insulting the enemy Brigitte all game, and Blizzard should not care about the opinion of those kind of players).

8 Likes

If I am on Point A on Temple Anubis I would be on the high ground behind a shield shooting down at the enemy team. I guess she could shield bash into one of the rooms to the side would be her only play. But at the same time the team will know where she went and there would be focus fire into the room and you would still have the high ground advantage. If you have played against a good junkrat that room is dangerous…Lol.

A joke? I mean it WAS posted by the “guy who is never wrong”, after all.

There are too many players that would rather rant on the forums demanding nerfs from Blizzard instead of trying to adapt. This seems like Doomfist all over again…

3 Likes

lol mercy 1.0 says hi

Maybe you should before you make some whiny thread about game balance.

5 Likes

I agree. Brigitte is a great counter to some heroes. There are some players who refuse to change to try to make things work. I think there is more variety and strategy to the game now. Personally, I am enjoying bring back Roadhog and Zarya to the mix.

1 Like

What. Is. This. Logic?

5 Likes