Brigitte is senselessly overpowered

Oh no, a hero might make me consider switching off my precious Tracer / Genji! This is so new to me! I actually have to swap my hero based on their comp for once! So that’s how it feels!

1 Like

It’s quite heartbreaking to see these posts flaming for one’s main.

An irrelevant post if anything else.

What’s really heartbreaking is that so many of these flanker players on the forums keep making a bad name for the rest of the Tracer/Genji mains by constantly complaining about supports who aren’t free kill. Luckily, I know better than to judge everyone based on the vocal minority.

2 Likes

He makes a reasonable point. Respond by posting a valid argument rather this garbage.

Causing more harm than doing any good.

No he doesn’t. I don’t know how long you’ve been on the forums but he’s making the same invalid point that “Playing Tracer against a Tracer counter is hard, and therefor that counter deserves to be nerfed” which has been spammed to death on these forums by salty flanker players since the day she came out. And I did give him the same valid argument that all these players have been getting: “That’s her job. You outrange her. Don’t get in her range. Focus other targets or switch to a hero that works better”.

What’s really heartbreaking is that so many of these flanker players on the forums keep making a bad name for the rest of the Tracer/Genji mains by constantly complaining about supports who aren’t free kill. Luckily, I know better than to judge everyone based on the vocal minority.

Thanks for insulting me, but I don’t think I make a bad name for the Tracers or Genjis. I am a normal player who plays a hero that is in this case heavily influenced by the recent decisions of Blizzard and I wanted to share my view of this.

It is the same as many people think scatter is broken, and you just can’t dodge Hanzo everytime, I think Brigittes combo is not in a perfect state.
Thanks

Almost like there’s actually a decent counter to Tracer now

2 Likes

Why are you the one complaining when there’s other heroes who have it much harder than you in terms of crappy matchups. Sym VS Pharah never ends well, Sombra makes Zen’s life hell, Widow gets jumped on by big monkey, etc and these have been around forever.

4 Likes

Don’t take it personally. I think you’re a swell dude. I just think your opinion is wrong.

I’m sorry to say but you inadvertently are. Don’t feel too bad, there are hundreds of posts like this. Every day there are new posts from Tracer mains complaining that the strongest hero in Overwatch has a new soft counter that’s a gasp SUPPORT. It would be one thing to say, “Playing Tracer is less fun with Brigitte around”, but instead you say she’s “senselessly overpowered” for doing her intended role. The majority of the community here in the forums, myself included, have become jaded to posts like this.

And SCATTUH being inherently broken as an ability isn’t comparable to a flanker counter countering flankers.

fights melee character in melee range
dies
asks for nerfs on the melee character because i don’t know how to stay away from enemies shooting them until they die

Jesus Blizzard how could you do this to us? It’s impossible to fight Brigitte! :rage:

2 Likes

You do realize that Shield Bash’s effectiveness is offset by her shield being easily destroyed and/or bypassed? I expect, at most, a nerf to the width of Shield Bash’s hitbox, since it’s pretty wide, right now, but I doubt anything else will change anytime soon.

Don’t take it personally. I think you’re a swell dude. I just think your opinion is wrong.

I’m sorry to say but you inadvertently are. Don’t feel too bad, there are hundreds of posts like this. Every day there are new posts from Tracer mains complaining that the strongest hero in Overwatch has a new soft counter that’s a gasp SUPPORT. It would be one thing to say, “Playing Tracer is less fun with Brigitte around”, but instead you say she’s “senselessly overpowered” for doing her intended role. The majority of the community here in the forums, myself included, have become jaded to posts like this.

And SCATTUH being inherently broken as an ability isn’t comparable to a flanker counter countering flankers.

Well sure Tracer mains come around and say that, because they are affected by it.

Low skill hero added to cater to the casuals.

1 Like

Tracer mains want Brigitte to be nerfed and Brigitte Mains not, so just because a DPS wants a nerf, doesnt mean they are the bad every time.

And Blizzard already said, they gonna have an eye on her burst combo.

It doesn’t matter that they’re affected, what matters is how they voice their opinion on how they’re affected. If a Tracer main made a post saying “Brigitte makes my job harder, this is intended and it helps make the game more balanced” I don’t think anyone would be mad. Hell, I’d love to see a post like that. Instead we get a lot of “Brigitte makes my job harder, NERF HER! SHE’S OVERPOWERED! SHE RUINS THE GAME! I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO SWITCH CHARACTERS! SUPPORTS SHOULD BE EASY KILLS!”.

We can argue that her shield bash shouldn’t affect Rein with his shield up and that she should be less incentivized to use her ult outside of combat, but arguing that she’s overpowered because she’s countering the character she was made to counter just isn’t worth talking about.

Yes, but as a player who mains main tank, (Rein, Winston, and Orisa) she also counters all of them with the exception of Orisa. Countering flankers is the least of her job. She’s an enemy tank counter.

• How to beat Reinhardt as Brig: Shield Bash him through his shield (WTF?). Shield Bash him during his charge (Again WTF?).

• How to beat Winston as Brig: Shield Bash him when he lands. Whip Shot him when he jumps.

Majority of the time we do not have the opportunity to poke from a distance, with her enemy teams on attack can push quite hard.

Her Shield Bash hitbox is too large. Its cooldown is too short.

She was added to the game to counter dive via CC. But if you add CC for dive since its fast means that it’s going to even better against slower comps (death-ball).

She needs some tuning and Rein needs some buffing.

Never wrote:

SHE RUINS THE GAME!
I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO SWITCH CHARACTERS!
SUPPORTS SHOULD BE EASY KILLS!

It’s just frustrating to play against her.
I understand that you defend her because you play her, but your hero needs in my opinion some changes.

This is more of an issue with Rein rather than one with Brigitte. Brigitte has amazing synergy with Rein, but she’s just as much as counter to him as she is an aid. The problem is that her bash goes through Rein shield. They should fix that interaction and buff Rein so he resists CC. Rein needs buffs in general. He needed them desperately before Brigitte was introduced, but he REALLY needs them now. Poor dude is getting bullied by his own squire. He deserves better.

I didn’t say you did, but those are some of the talking points that are spammed by the Tracer/Genji mains on here that constantly complain that they have to work to kill her. I’m defending her because I think she’s a good addition for keeping dominant heroes like Tracer and Genji and dive comp in general in check, not because I play her.

I don’t make opinions on balance based on my own personal enjoyment. I wanted Ana nerfed during the Ana meta when she did 80 damage a shot and her grenade did stupid amounts of healing, and I’m a 120 hour Ana main. As I said earlier…

“Actually I don’t think I’m the quintessential hero balance guru. I think it’s still too early to say how well Brigitte is performing, especially cause she’s not out in comp. I just don’t think ‘I’m having trouble playing Tracer against a character made to counter Tracer.’ is a valid argument for nerfing her. :^)”

All these DPS with superior range complaining about a melee range supports stun. How bad are you that you’d be that close to her to begin with.

1 Like