Brigitte is senselessly overpowered

Her combo that kills Tracer with easy is more frustrating than the scatter.
Brigitte’s combo is so humiliating. It is a flankers job to be behind the backlines and do some work there and pick the supports, but you can not do anything against a Brigitte as a flanker. Nothing. And in her ultimate you don’t even try to kill her, it’s the same as mercy’s ultimate, if she’s not the last enemy, there is just no point in focusing her.

Watchout you don’t make her more frustrating than Hanzo’s scatter is.

24 Likes

5 second stun on top of her crazy defense is a huge blunder

18 Likes

If you sit down and think about it…if Brigitte is just standing there shielding for flankers she isn’t doing ANY healing for her team and you’ve essentially done your job to “take out” one of the supports while the rest of your team can capitalize on the chaos you’re causing. She’s very easy to kite/outmaneuver, you just need to spend more time figuring out her strengths and weaknesses. Very easy to counter. Very easy to get smashed by if you don’t know how she works.

31 Likes

This just in: Tracer/Genji main complains that healers can defend themselves! News at 11!

79 Likes

but its so easy to dodge.

3 Likes

Nah she is perfectly balanced /battlenetforums

Just like how they said about Junkrat and reworked mercy launch.

But honestly, I don’t mind that tracer gets oneshot. the issue is that it’s much worse for everyone else. Tracer can play around the shield bash if she is smart. Every other hero doesn’t. It is extremely easy to use due to the humongous hitbox, and it is on bloody 5 sec cooldown. and used while defending herself

What a powerful ability.

5 Likes

It’s the sort of thing that we Tracers are going to have to work around. Realistically, once everyone knows how to play around her, she’s going to end up being a lot less threatening than Zenyatta currently is as her range is low and it’s easy to tell when she is on cooldown.

6 Likes

Prove it.

Oh wait, we can’t, because she’s still not playable in comp, so we have no data.

9 Likes

This just in: Tracer/Genji main complains that healers can defend themselves! News at 11!

I don’t have a problem with a supporter defending himself, but if your chanches for a win are like 5% it’s an other story.

3 Likes

shhh the forums wont understand that

1 Like

Really? I find Tracer a lot more frustrating than a stun i can counter by just moving away a bit.

16 Likes

I don’t think it’s more “what you know to do” and more about mechanical skill.
A Reaper doing good headshots can tear her down, while a Reaper getting random bodyshots won’t survive the match.

Since Brigitte is a brawler, she can go directly up and close with an obnoxious dance, making it hard to deal with her that way.

Personally I’m fine with this, since countering her is skill rather than dumb mechanics.

1 Like

If your chances of killing a Brigitte as Tracer is 5%, then you should probably main a different hero. Literally all you have to do to “beat” Brigitte is outrange her. She either has to hold her shield up until it breaks or take damage, and if you stay out of her range she can’t self heal herself…it may take awhile but you can kill her. Luckily, you have 5 teammates who can also help kill her, and if even just one of them picks heavy range damage (Pharah, Junkrat) then Brigittes effectiveness is severely reduced. This is a team game, take advantage of it.

10 Likes

She counters flankers. That’s her job. If you get in her shield bash range, expect to die. Poke her and her team down from out of that range.

15 Likes

Her passive healing is pretty weak anyway and her burst is on a 6 second cooldown. She herself is hard to kill but there’s not a lot of reason why you want to kill her in the first place. Just stay away from her

1 Like

Sorta like you can do nothing against a flanker as a Mercy? Or can do nothing against a Pharah as a Rein?

Why do you think flankers should not be able to be counter picked? You’re acting like they deserve to be viable in 100% of team comps AND enemy team comps?

Flankers would be OP if you can’t choose to focus picks that counter them…

Just get off Tracer and get on Pharah or Junkrat and boom, Brigitte isn’t a problem.

20 Likes

Meanwhile she is the opposite, she counters most of the roster because of dumb mechanics instead of skill, because her skill floor/ceiling is objectively extremely low in comparison to most heroes.

3 Likes

If your chances of killing a Brigitte as Tracer is 5%, then you should probably main a different hero. Literally all you have to do to “beat” Brigitte is outrange her. She either has to hold her shield up until it breaks or take damage, and if you stay out of her range she can’t self heal herself…it may take awhile but you can kill her. Luckily, you have 5 teammates who can also help kill her, and if even just one of them picks heavy range damage (Pharah, Junkrat) then Brigittes effectiveness is severely reduced. This is a team game, take advantage of it.

I see your point but I am not going to outrange a hero with Tracer.
Her fall-off damage is a problem here.

Nah, her falloff range is over 7 meters, which is how far shield bash goes, and how far the melee whip goes

1 Like

All I read is: “waaah I have an actual counter against me now!! Blizzard nerf because I don’t want to have to ever switch playing my one hero!!”

9 Likes