Brigitte got pushed down the gutter this patch

yeah that’s why i told you a speed increase for her without the shield up might be a good idea! like 5-10%? it’s only an idea and im sure they are testing more things on her if she turns out to be very bad.

so your opinion is run around like a headless chicken flailing people without your shield providing you cover towards incoming hostile fire just to hit a target and provide healing. And for some reason that is a good design to a character ?

1 Like

I find it pretty funny just how clueless Blizzard are in regards to Brig. Nerf her, say confidently “she is totally fine now, guys”, then nerf her again a bit later. Rinse and repeat. And now a “rework” which feels even more random and silly than their usual “reworks”. It’s almost like they haven’t the slightest idea what they are doing and just do stuff because people complain. :smiley:

1 Like

it’s a team game.
if your team will not heal you nor protect you, you will lose of course.
btw if you play Brig in current QP you are most likley letting your team down even if you dont wanna hear it, it’s a fact, even Jeff said she’s bad in 2-2-2.

1 Like

Yes it is a team game. Where each character brings something different to the table to create a group composition and expect that composition to function smoother than the team’s group composition. Thats why we have stale meta’s.
Also what Brigitte brings to the table noone in the thread actually give me a valid answer about that. Let me tell what she did bring. Stalling and Attrition warfare. Well sadly i said ‘‘was’’ because it seems it will be no longer possible so there it goes her only uniqueness.

I played Brigitte despite nerfs in 2-2-2 since she released you know how i performed as her?
9880 healing done - 5327 armor provided 32% inspire uptime.

Jeff said many things Kristwi, some of which are out right bonkers, which will make you question if he even plays his own creation. In the subject of Brigitte he was half right. I was forcing my teams hand to their detriment by choosing brigitte as a second healer. But they were ignoring that fact because i was good at it.

But with these changes and i did tested them. I provide significantly less healing because i have to rely on whip shot because i have to stay at mid range because she is no longer viable for the frontlines she was created for. My inspire uptime also went downhill as well. Not even considering death ratio. And the play style of the Ptr is as passive as it can get. Not a single fun that i got from it. I would argue it might actually be more boring then Afk mercy.

2 Likes

Ana and Zen have no mobility so Im not sure what you mean. Brig has shield bash which can be used as an escape tool as well.

Im not sure if you did the math on this but in total, her healing is way more. 150 instantly or (120 x 3) 360 over 6 seconds. Yea sure its not instant but you can heal one person with 360 or 3 people with 120. You can now spread out her total healing. Her inspire also does more healing so her total healing in general is great so im not sure where you are getting this from.

So you want her to outheal all damage? Most healers can’t out heal the damage that is output. So I really dont know what you want.

You need to post links, im not going to search around for a chart to prove your point. If you have an argument, you post the evidence. lol I use it all the time now to proc inspire and its slower. On the ptr, its much faster and less punishing to use. So if the enemy team is too far away to proc it, and you are out of packs, then maybe switching comps to adjust to their team comp is needed. Again, you are locked in your role…not the hero. People change heroes all the time based on the enemy.

Again, I dont see how these changes make her less of a support. They removed symmetra out of support bc she didnt heal, so healing is the basis of being a support. They improved her healing and made it a bit better for her.

1 Like

lucio can out duel most of the roster himself but i guess thats ok

I do see your concerns I’m glad they don’t make her Overpowered from the beginning tho and tune her up in future Patched maybe even still on PTR!

I’m in love with their new direction of this hero!
But yeah she might needs buffs in the future but they just don’t wanna overdo it, can’t blame them after Dva and Brig were Meta for a Year.

I just live how people are getting blizzard to. Slowly remove hybrid heroes, even tho adding more would make the game more interesting, hog, Dva, now Brig, i bet Zen will be next god forbid a hero doesnt fit in just one of the three catigories

Ana and Zen can stay in the backline, both of them have great utility and can dishout insane amount of damage

On paper it seems that way in reality it can be over damaged easily even when all 3 stacked up on a target. Where as on live it was a critically wounded button for me when i see one i was pressing it now it is just a complementary heal that will certainly boost your stats might even get you a gold medal or improve your onfire time. But in reality as a healing tool it is ineffective.

No i want the changes to make sense. Here is how you balance a game.
You Base your mobility abilities towards the slowest characters so you can stop power creep.
Never introduce a character to balance the game.
And make sure each character fun to play and play against and has more than one style to play. In overwatch characters are one dimensional. Each character has a single playstyle that is it which causes 1 meta to rule them all.

Let me post it here my good friend.
There’s lots of Brig chatter around these parts. I’m wondering how she’s actually performing compared to other healers on the PTR. I have 40-60 minutes on the PTR for Moira, Brig, Zen, and Baptiste. I only have ~30 minutes on Lucio, but I threw him in anyway (I play a lot of Lucio, so it’s probably close enough).

That’s a small sample size, but it’s going to have to be good enough… There’s only so many games I can throw by picking Brig before I fall into despair. :slight_smile:

Here’s where I’m at in the Role Queue Beta mode:

Healer Damage/10min Healing/10min Deaths/Game Blocked/10min Inspire Uptime
Moira 4.3K 10.2K 6.4 - -
Bappy 4.6K 7.3K 7.1 - -
Lucio 4.4K 8.8K 6.6 - -
Zen 6.2K 5.6K 6.0 - -
Brig 2.2K 6.8K 8.3 2.0K 17%

Brig’s stats look pretty bad for me. I’m a trash Baptiste, and he’s outperforming her pretty much across the board. Lucio just wrecks her in the off-healer role. And both have more utility, which isn’t factored in here, except for Brig’s Damage Blocked stat.

The Moira buff didn’t really seem to change much for me. It’s certainly nice, but the impact seems minor.

How about you? I’ve seen a lot of Mercy and Ana on the PTR, but I haven’t played them. Skill obviously has a big impact on these stats, so I’m really just interested in comparing stats within players for those who have played both Brig and another healer on the PTR. And maybe someone who can actually hit things with Baptiste…

Edit: Format. Added Zen. From another post show some love to the creator.

So if we please stop assuming whipshoting from the backline to proc inspire is a good idea. I would be so happy.

Symmetra part was related to the how many reworks she had over the course of the game.

Anyway i am tired and hungry. You guys go ahead discuss. It is clear that we are going to agree to disagree. It is not like me busting my backside here to show that is a flawed thinking on top of a flawed design that layed on foundation of overzealous nerfs for the past 9 months will change anything.

she got pushed back down where she came from. god is real

I think if they buff her shield health up she should be kinda ok

There is alot to read in this reply so I apologize if I do not address something. Firstly I will start off and say, you are entitled to your opinion. I am not saying you are wrong or that I am right. I am just trying to make you see things in a perspective you might not have.

Anyway lets begin.

You have a great point. They dont have mobility and have great healing range. However staying in the backline also means your team is generally not with you and you are susceptible to flankers and dive and which Brig is good at dealing with.

So I can see where the healing over time could be an issue, however I like the idea that it can now be spread out over 3 different heroes. To instantly heal 3 different people 120 health would be kind of overpowered.

Well they introduced her to balance dive and they wont delete her so they need to adjust her. They need to make her a support. She is in the support slot, not the tank slot. And now you seem to be against overwatch in general, so if you feel that way, then dont play the game. Alot of us still enjoy the game and yes some things need to be changed but we still enjoy it.

So I didnt quote this whole section but I think you are missing the point here. Brig is not a primary healer and Baptiste is which people dont seem to understand. His healing output is just way more then the secondary healers. Moiras changes dont really impact her healing much, more of her survivability.

I would say, the only thing I would agree on, her shield could be buffed a bit. 200 is really low for a shield and with all th dps doing insane damage like junkrat, no point in having the shield.

But honestly, I could see them tweeking a few things here and there down the line but lets just see how things go. I think its still too early to tell. I mean look at sombra, I think people were sleeping on her for so long but then she just took off and now shes powerful.

Thank you. And believe me i am seeing the perspective that you and everybody else in this thread or the next wants me to see. I really am. But it feels flawed and wrong.

There are so many nerfs done to her for the past 9 months and honestly while even i am expecting a rework where i can finally choose my favorite character and not met immediate abuse and i met with this. She was, is and will be a front line support always. No matter how much they try to make her ineffective in close quarters and how much they force this unnatural idea to make her into a back line healer it is not going to change for one simple thing

She was, is and will be a melee character. Imagine if Mercy, Baptiste, Zen, Moira, Ana or any other future support forced to do a melee attack first to use their main healing ability. I know that example looks funny at best and idiotic at worse but that is how it feels to play at her in ptr. You occasionally do a whip shot and return to the safety to your Rein’s shield. Gone are the days of being proactive. Gone are the days of fun game play.

From the bottom of my heart i hope i am wrong and there is actually really really good playstyle that is fun that i cannot see right now. But yeah. And i know there are other supports which are backline and midline and passive as they can get.

1 Like

The problem of her needing to melee someone to Inspire is really the crux of the issue. Maybe if it was switched to “anytime she takes damage (shield excluded)” she Inspires, it would help. After all, Lucio offers that plus more utility without needing to get shot first.

3 Likes

I think instead of nerfing Brig 1.0 they should have buffed everyone to her point by either simple numeric buff or character rework or in the shape of a passive. That would solve a lot of issues.

Well, I don’t know. Both buffs and nerfs are necessary for when things are found that are out of line. And it is easier to nerf one thing that outpaces most other things, than to try and rework dozens of other things with buffs.

I just think the approach they’re working with, in regards to Brig, is problematic. I appreciate the half of it which gives her a more clearly defined support role, but it seems they forgot she needs the tanky/brawler side just as much for that healing to actually work.

Maybe it would be easier for the devs and the playerbase if her portrait were moved over to the tank side. I’m not even kidding. Give her back her full shield, reverse the inspire changes to give her healing but anybody else minimal/none, and rework the heal packs to instant-apply 50 armor apiece.

Or something like that. With her portrait on the left, people will stop complaining she’s too tanky. The rest is just tuning.

2 Likes

You’re embarrassing yourself at this point.
Her healing was buffed but it was reduced by 50% on her which is less than the original, that and her overall healing has pretty much remained the same due to her Inspire uptime dropping like a rock since she can’t keep it up consistently anymore.

1 Like

Remember all the nerfs for the past nine months, are done to her under the impression of a free for all composition not the forced role que. So in a sense the implementation of this forced role que should mean either reverting everything back but with adjusted numbers or complete re designing her into a backline healer.

yet you played sym as a flanker not a backline defender :slight_smile: just like brig, the only reason you guys like these two was because of their easy killing potential.