Brigitte got nerfed. Twice in a day

Lucio doesn’t need buffs. He’s fine as is. Mercy is a topic I can’t sit down and discuss without getting accused by either side of the discussion. Symmetra could use a bit more love, but that doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t be niche. Last time we buffed Bastion, he had 30% damage reduction. He’s very much on that knife’s edge of being OP considering how much damage he can dish out.

“Niche” is codeword for “bad in Overwatch” since the more flexible a Hero is, the more they can do vs their counter (using skill). But Symmetra’s kit is fine and only semi-niche, it just needs some values adjusted (ie: 12m beam for her Sentries, faster deployment overall, etc) to be flexible enough to be worthy of a spot.

As for Lucio, he is fine. Yes. And he can stay on the back burner in the mean time. But he could use a niche on top of his AoE healing (for Support) so there can be more healers who utilize some form of AoE without feeling like a Lucio substitute/replacement (Brigitte’s passive is essentially a better Lucio AoE and for 3 seconds every 12 seconds he can out-heal her). Speedbot is a cute niche to have, but it also cuts off other Supports from getting some sort of speed-buff since they seem very adamant on keeping him as the speedy boi and the only speedy boi.

yeah 60% wr+ which requires close to no skill to abuse is balanced

1 Like

Puddin, you need to stop comparing Lucio to Brig because you are wrong on many levels. The only thing that Brig’s healing has on Lucio is the range and even then it’s less of an advantage after the radius buff to Lucio. Lucio can keep it on all the time, doesn’t have to be in combat to activate it, and can increase the healing for a short burst.

Speed Support is Lucio’s niche just like Mercy being able to triage on the fly is her niche. We don’t need to have current heroes overlapping on niches that heroes are supposed to be good at. Last time we had that happen, Hanzo thoroughly replaced McCree and Soldier, especially McCree.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the next nerf.

I wouldn’t say Brig is op. But she definitley is annoying. And I love playing her. But any stun ability is annoying.

Or…

Maybe you could adapt. Which is funny considering you’re a known Widow player and should be putting fear into her.

1 Like
  1. I don’t want to play Brigitte.
  2. I should make Brigitte’s afraid, but the hero is too strong.
  3. And even with this shield nerf, it takes the same amount of shots to destroy the shield.

lol
It honestly amazes me when you people say stupid stuff like this. Your hero is over-tuned and requires very little skill in relation to her value output. She shuts down not only tanks, but other supports and even DPS. It’s honestly kind of sad watching a team get eaten alive because you brought up your shield and pressed mouse 1.
As I have just stated previously, Brig brings more to the table while requiring very little to make use of it. In effect, you are getting an immense amount of value for very little effort, and to counter you effectively, the enemy team has to try that much harder while you prance around telling people to “adapt.”
When she gets nerfed into the ground (like she deserves) are you going to respond well to people telling you to “adapt”? Probably not.

It’s Mei and Sombra all over again.

This community will never learn. It takes a hero being oppressive to non mobile hero’s for them to be an effective counter to mobile hero’s. She’s a necessary evil.

This is not true in the slightest.

lets hope we get to 10 by 2019

No, It truly.

Mei used to be that flanker counter. People complained she was too good. She froze people too fast, she got her ult too quickly, she has a projectile that doesn’t fall off but one shots Tracer. Saying you couldn’t do anything against her. She was nerfed to the ground.

Sombra used to be that flanker counter. At first people didn’t think she was good enough, so they buffed her. The moment they did, everyone flipped out complaining about how oppessive hack was. Saying you couldn’t do anything about it. Nerfed to the ground. In fact hack is still a broken mess.

Now we’re at Brigitte. Everyone complains her stun is too forgiving. They complain about how tanky she is. They complain she can’t be 1v1’d. You can’t do anything about her. And here we are, nerfing her to the ground.

But go ahead, explain how it’s not true.

So at first Brigitte sees no play in high tier competitive scene unless she’s used to counter dive. Then they decide to nerf her so she sees even less play and now they’re just going to nerf her even more? I mean sure you can take the 100hp from the shield away but where’s the compensation for that? Maybe they’ll announce that the current speed boost bugs considering her shield are there to stay :thinking:

Mei is still a solid choice and always remained pretty solid (no pun intended) primarily because of her primary fire (her secondary is pretty hard-hitting, if a bit unruly) and her ability to stall. Any lack of play you see is usually because Brig wrecks Mei’s face in.

As to Sombra, let’s be honest: poor Sombra, while certainly an effective annoyance has never actually been good at what she’s supposed to do, because what she’s supposed to do would make her very blatantly overpowered. Her kit runs a fine line between being overtuned and undertuned, and it seems like they’d prefer to keep her undertuned for now, unfortunately.

NOW we’re at Brigitte:
Brigitte, from her release, has been strong. Some of it was due to people not knowing how to effectively counter her, but a lot of it is because her only real, effective counters are a very limited, select range of heroes that not everybody is going to have experience playing, and who get shut down easily enough by others. So even if you start running a comp to counter a Brigitte, it’s not hard for the enemy team to swap to heroes that counter her counters more effectively than they can counter Brigitte.

Sombra also has extremely limited healing capabilities that, let’s face it, are usually limited solely to herself, much like Mei, with neither of them possessing a 500 HP shield, AoE healing, etc.

They are not remotely similar. Sorry.

Uh, was the falloff not added in Beta?

Anyway the issue with Mei wasn’t that she oneshot Tracer it was her ult generation. It took like 4 headshots to get it lmao. They overdid it but she was definitely meta for the worst possible reason.

Sombra got nerfed because her Hack was oppressing tanks, not flankers. What was Rein supposed to do to a Sombra sitting outside of his everything range holding rmb on him. You could turn your shield around, but oops wait she hacked through it because the grace period is a bandaid measure to hide wonky LoS checks, so I guess you eat the hack, sorry Rein. 0 tank meta btw

Like literally none of this has to do with flankers and everything to do with “something that counters mobility can be used just as well against immobility and is probably more oppressive to them to boot”.

No because people who beg furiously for a nerf on a hero who is good in a niche don’t deserve to get any special treatment. Making fights easier for you with nerfs isn’t a proper way to make yourself better. I’ve had this very attitude for any competitive game out there, FPS or fighting.

2 Likes

??? What game have you been playing? Her Primary fire was a joke until just recently and her ability to stall was situational at best, which was a last minute switch for 10 seconds of play. Yeah, pretty solid alright.

Hack people? be a disruption? Actually 1v1 dps who peel for their supports? Can’t have that.

You basically just said yes she has counter’s but because of meta those counter’s aren’t always the optimal choice to run in a team comp. Congrat’s. You just explained why dive was meta for 6 seasons and it took a hero like Brigitte to put Winston/Tracer in check.

You didn’t explain this in the slightest btw.

And every other nerf was what, just insurance? Nobody complained about those things at the time she was meta? What exactly is your point here?

Like Mei’s freeze oppressed everyone. Like Brigitte’s shield bash oppresses everyone. Congrat’s you finally see my point.

??? Yes, that’s the point. Every flanker is known for their mobility, they can flank because they’re mobile.

Brigitte is NOT niche. She has a fairly high pick rate, and a ridiculous winrate to accompany that.

And speaking about “making fights easier”: Brigitte. She is like the ultimate low skill high reward hero.

Oh yeah, people are still going to complain about Brig after this nerf cause of poor game sense and awareness.