Brigitte got nerfed. Twice in a day

Dude you’re on the OW forums, you must unilaterally blame DPS mains for everything. Even changes to other DPS

And the tracers in low ranks also have bad aim. It goes both ways. But before brig and moira tracer was still bad at low ranks. People there just cannot play tracer well, and are much better off playing easier dps heroes.

And that is the problem, being a high impact hero without needing to be good at the game. While still being statistically OP. Guess we will see what a 100 hp nerf to her shield will actually do. Or if it will be like one of the many nerfs mercy got while remaining the best support.

2 Likes

There are many strong comps in OW. That doesn’t mean they work in pro play. Pros utilize the most extreme comps built around synergy or certain heroes powerful kits. I’ve seen numerous comps work in GM that most wouldn’t consider meta. What isn’t meta isn’t necessarily weak.

Look and Brigitte. She’s powerful right? yet she’s not in every game because you need to play a certain style for her value. Sure, the lower tiers suffer her but that’s almost exclusively due to abysmal awareness, positioning and counter play.

A heroes balance should be around potential. Brigitte’s potential has limits in a similar vein to Moria. The issue at heart is poor play from the near 90% of the player base below diamond lacking game sense.

Triple tank is easy because of the synergy tanks have with each other and the value supports bring to the game. They have to naturally play around each other to get value. Many 2-2-2 comps struggle when forced into a situation requiring more team work.

The DPS mindset in OW is to go off on your own, use your tanks as bait and demand a pocket from your support. There’s no value from your average DPS player towards their tanks or support.

The problem is there’s not much difference between a gold player an a low diamond. The system rewards pointless performance based metric instead of actual game sense. That’s why the diamond wall exists. Players hit it and struggle because climbing outside that system is about more than just mechanics and stat farming. It’s about actually playing the game.

How are they being constantly dunked on if the flankers are also in the exact same situation of working on their aim?

2 Likes

God yea your right what was I thinking, I’m gonna go blame the dps mains for all of Reinhardts bugs too! ///sssss

And they played Brig with dive. So that must mean she had enough synergy to be played with non Rein main tanks. Or does that not apply now? Gonna change the rules again?

Will you stop harassing me? I’m done replying to your troll behavior. I explained this but you refuse to use your head.

its not because of the synergies its simply because some metas don’t require much coordination

a average player cannot play dive because he doesn’t understand how to coordinate but you can teach him how to play a extra tank or support easily

I’m the one with troll behaviour? I must be the one who rank shamed huh? I must be the one claiming Brig is niche despite her being between Lucio and Zen in pickrate. I must be the one claiming people were boosted

3 Likes

I just hope they leave her alone for a while. Let the nerfs and the meta settle some more. They’ll need a round of stats to base future decisions anyway. Having private profiles skew 3rd party sites doesn’t help either.

Agreed. It’s how I die in the majority of my games. Still working on that. :cry:

1 Like

I was rank shamed and they hurt my feelings. I was harassed.

2 Likes

It’s because you’re a troll. SMH. Stupid trolls on my forums

2 Likes

i think the third party sites are accurate

every brig main i look into has a good winrate, some of them even climbed 500+ sr

I think they are referring to private profiles resulting in less data. But as long as a certain roll or type of player isnt more likely to make their profile private, the data wouldnt really be skewed. Still much better than basing things on personal experience or biased opinions.

I HAVE to answer to this post. DPS hybrid, seriously? Winston is a Genji, he dives the backline to kill people. He’s a DPS. Reinhardt does HUGE damages on a grouped team, and can easily have gold damages against a Reinhardt comp. He’s also a DPS. Don’t tell me Zenyatta isn’s a DPS. People were calling Moira a DPS when she was released.
Let’s face it. EVERYONE is a DPS.

its stats from several thousands of brig players, its gonna create a average winrate

even if profiles were public her winrates wouldn’t change by much. her winrate before it all went private was around 57% and after it went private it was still the same

I mean you can easily switch or adapt to new things. That’s the main argument of people “defending” Brig. So show us how do ya adapt : D

6 Likes

wow nice knee-jerk reaction, can you atleast wait like a week or so and see how it plays out in comp or atleast qp? How do you know she’s “bad” now? I really really hate people like you who think they know everything about this game and on top of that you.re a hypocrite:

Yet here you are immediately judging how she’s good or bad she’s gonna be without actually giving any substantial evidence of ANY kind.

3 Likes

Do you play tank? You depend on your tank partner to bail you out and push. You play close together because you need to. Sure, It’s a little easier to pick up and play a third tank or support. Tanks combine very well and support is easier because you just need to focus on your own team compared to the enemy.

Don’t down play that the DPS mindset in OW is broken. It’s too tempting to run off on your own because every DPS these days has massive damage potential and mobility. They don’t have to rely on their team while tanks and supports do. This is a core issue that is severely understated.

Brig is fine on ptr.