Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman

What was the thought process on what abilities go to what button layout? To me Shift is an awkward place to put the Whip Shot. On live I will probrably switch it to E and have the med pack to shift. Following Zenyatta’s Orb heal.

As long as you can’t spell her name correctly I dont see you dating her anytime soon . . .

Compared to Reinhardt, does she have more/less or equal dps from her melee? I know each Brigitte swing does half the damage of Rein’s hammer (35 vs 70) but she swings much faster so I’m curious.

If Brigitte DOESN’T change the meta, what do you plan on doing to fix this game?

5 Likes

WHEN Brigitte DOESN’T change the meta*

ftfy
Also, they should probably address the mobility power creep across the board to fix the issue.

1 Like

Lol whoops that was my auto correct, ty for pointing that out!

Why did you decide to reduce her lip size and remove her freckles?

1 Like

What is your opinion or brigittes ultimate. should it be used offensively or defensively.

How long does it take to implement abilities in game? From concept to finished in game looks and sounds.

Why do you and the rest of the overwatch team hate dive? I mean a lot of buffs and heroes have been kinda about countering dive. Also i just wanna touch on Genji, it feels kinda unrewarding to play him, especially his ult, maybe bring it back to 8 seconds, personally i’d love that.

Wilnerw

Having her e activate her passive would fix her lack of poke and thus lack of healing.

1 Like

Genji is the most balanced hero in the game ATM, his blade is incredibly rewarding, he just has counters. Please don’t change him Dev team…

Every time I tune into the Overwatch League, it seems like the same heroes are always being played (Winston, D.Va, Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker, Zenyatta…). How does this impact design choices when making a new hero? How did it impact Brigitte?

2 Likes

Why Birgitte and no Hamond? XD

Because we need thicc heroes in the game

Not really. Brigitte has no way to bring her team back into the fight and cut down on spawn walks to point A. Her damage is lower and an aoe. If you’re just comparing shield gen with rally, then that’s just one aspect of the kit. Even then, shield gen has much more range and functions differently.

I honestly fail to see where Brigitte outclasses Symmetra. You just saying she does without providing any evidence to back your claim isn’t good enough.

Do you remember Brigitte can heal? Sym can’t heal, she does outrageous amounts of damage but that’s it.

Useful information. Noted.
Thank you for clarifying.

Yes. Sym + Brigitte on defense can mean a Tracer with more than 300hp.

To sum up this thread:

1. “Will Brigitte change meta?”
  2. Questions that are about different heroes (“Will Brigitte make Ana unviable?” “Why is Genji’s deflect hitbox larger than her shield?”) and should NOT be here
  3. People complaining about her competitive release date, demanding to know her hard counters, and other questions they should already know the answer to
  4. Questions that are actually interesting, but since people couldn’t bother to make few mouse scrolls to see if someone already asked this you’ll just see them all over again
2 Likes