Brig rant, I h8 this hero

For a Brig to survive from a widow that is focusing on her- it must be a pretty crap widow. Widow can own Brig.

Actually since they never reverted tracer’s falloff in the powercreep nerfs she can range a brig and stay out of her flail and stun range. That goes back to if they are actually a good tracer or not.

She only has one Aoe healing ability? Inspire.

She has incredibly low damage. She has have a lot of cc but that’s to keep inspire going. She stun is overrated. Stay out her range.

Not baptiste but I am not disagreeing with sigma and brig being in likeness.

That’s a matter of opinion. She saved the game for me as a support player.

I’m thinking you don’t play brig. I’d recommend first you play her for a bit before you act like you know this hero. I also think you are not in higher elos and struggle with counter picking.

Brig is not hard to conquer especially now in her overnerfed state.

3 Likes

It’s an ultimate, use beat and the same effect is had. This is also one of the only ways a character can survive a widow headshot in any capacity, which is stupid

She hard counters bad tracers. Good travers can fairly easily play around brig and continue to drain resources away from the frontline. Brig doesn’t even have a long enough stun to whip + flail a stunned tracer before recall, so to have any kill pressure recall has to be forced first, usually requiring either bash or whip

That passive requires the brig to actively position to attempt to proc it, it heals less than Lucio for more effort and is her only self heal

1 heal, one armour giving, one single target cooldown with 3 charges that requires a lot of resource management to not run out mid fight

200hp (maybe 450 with the shield if you have to burn through and maybe +75 from selfheal over the course of a fight. No where near the protection or burst resistance of a tank

2nd lowest damage in the game

Worse than mcrees btw

637k views on the grand finals VoD, most people don’t watch live.

Yep that is in fact how ultimates work

6 Likes

To be fair I’m jumping in on this debate- I think brig’s ultimate is still too strong. It’s a Mario Star.

It lasts too long the armor afterwards.

I say this with love with many hours on brig. That being said she is by no means an overpowered hero and is actually underpowered on the ladder.

1 Like

… honestly looking through your post list… is there any hero you think is OK?

And you’re inconsistent as well.

6 Likes

To be honest, after watching how FunnyAstro plays Brig, I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s not the same “brain-dead hero” as I always made her up to be. She requires a varying degree of skill to properly manage her resources. But is she bad? No, not at all. People just need to have a brain :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Mate, you should of thought about this thread beforehand. Especially attacking one of the worst hero’s in the game atm.

2 Likes

I wanna 1 vs 1 this guy on Junkertown where I am bring and he is Widow

Yes in 2018, last I checked it was 2021 where pre-nerf sigma and bap rule supreme.

Brig is awful RN and judging by your icon I can guess you play genji. I play genji Brig is far for the worst hero RN

1 Like

I main Genji and tbh believe it or not, I actually LIKE brig.
Just stay out of her effective range at shoot at her. I understand you probs hate getting shield bashed all the time but I think Lucio is more unbalanced (Throws on your teams cuz he’s NEVER on heals, and really good on enemy team).
Being an avid Sombra player, I love hacking Lucio’s and watching them crumple to her Machine Pistol

Brigs AoE healing is passive and makes it alot harder tov oneclip the 2. Support just by existing. Repairpack is one of the greatest peeling abillitys in the game and has a 30m range, your 2. Support only has to stay in your LoS and he is basically unkillable for Tracer. If you now want to kill the Brig so she cant peel anymore your matchup doesnt get much better, Brigs armore gives her against Tracer basically 250HP. She has 15selfhealing per second and Tracer needs 2 seconds for a clip, giving her practically 285HP against Tracer. At this point it is impossible to oneclip her if you dont stay next to her and even if you stay next to her, even OWL Tracer dont have such perfect Tracking that they can oneclip a Brig wich is moving. In addition to this Brig has a shield, just blocking a few bullets from Tracer already shifts the matchup up from:
“Extremely hard to oneclip” to “Impossible to oneclip”

In adition to this Brig has SHieldbash, a 7s Couldown wich forces Tracer to use a 12s CD. Her flail is constant close range damage to her and needs only 5hits to kill her, if you land a whip shot only 3.

but Tracer can stay on a 13m range because of the falloff buff

She can also stay on a 100m range and tickle her down, it just want to anything. If you try to attack a Brig on a 13m range the Spread of Tracer takes any burst damage away and in combination with brigs selfhealing you really dont pressure her at all. To pressure a Brig you have to get in close range, but getting in close range is more dangerous for the Tracer then for Brig.

Beforeyou say I have no clue of Brig or Tracer, Brig is my most played Mainsupport and Tracer my most played Dps. Ive played Brig against multiple Top500 Tracers, the highest one being Top167. If you play against good Tracers you see that tehy just ignore you because tehy know shooting you is waste of time, they only attack you if you are under pressure or have lost some couldowns or HP. They most of the time just try to kill the 2. support if you are off guard, or just try to get the attention of the 2. support so he cant heal properly without intention to kill him.

In my experience from plat to Top200 Tracers not a single Tracer was really pressuring me as Brig that much if I was in position and if I play Tracer by myself I also have the hardest time against Brig, because Mercy and LUcio scare you much less and are easier to kill

OWL ain’t even on right now and OWL viewership was higher than ever in all seasons if people actually go and look at the vods, it’s not even comparable to twitch numbers… Brig in general will probably always be a problem until she is vaulted and redone entirely or switched to the Tank role.

1 Like

Tbh if you want to play DPS without counter-picking, Torbjorn should be one of your most hated (he shuts down half of the DPS roster)

Can’t the exact same complaint be made about Zenyatta’s ultimate?

The game was dying from Dive when Brig was released. The problem with Brig, from someone who mained her for a very long time, is that she was anti-dive. Not anti-dive heroes, at release she practically countered the entire meta by herself. Her continued existence in the game has changed several core mechanics, including how aoe healing and shields work. Where I do agree with you is that she needs to be completely changed. Dive comp is back anyway because they had to neuter her to stop her from being so oppressive. They had to neuter her to kill GOATs. This character with her kit, in my opinion, simply can’t remain in the game and be viable “on her own” without being broken again.

1 Like

Brig was the 3rd most picked support in gm this week. Moira is the least picked support in gm and masters.

Brig is not awful, she’s the 3rd most picked support in gm and the sixth most picked hero in gm. With that said, I don’t think she needs nerfs.

How is an ultimate that is range limited and has build up time OP? All you have to do is literally kill the brig.

1 Like

lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

I mean, are you actually going to answer or just make statements with no form of argument as to why you think it’s OP?

1 Like

it severs non burst damage, because its armor, making her and her teammates virtually unkillable unless you use a huge burst of damage