Both symmtra and mercy mains have every right to complain TBH

Both hero’s were reworked without the core playbase of both hero’s in mind. The main part of symmtra kit, her lock on was removed in favor of some generic beam and mercy quick and fluid gameplay now comes to a complete stop due to a self stun she has on E along with a spectator mode ult.

If blizzard had listed to what Mercy and symmtra players actually like about their hero along with listening to what people disliked about playing against them a proper rework could have been created for both characters. Instead they only took feed back from one side creating the issue we have now. In my honest opinion they have every right to complain about the state of their hero.

Moving forward with reworks I hope blizzard listens to both sides so issues like this can be avoided in the future.

126 Likes

thanks!

24 Likes

Instead they only took feed back from one side creating the issue we have now. In my honest opinion they have every right to complain about the state of their hero.

Thank you…

43 Likes

They increased the skill cap on sym, which is an obvious insult to the old sym mains. All they had to do with old Mercy is required Los of x time before the q hits, there is your counter play…

18 Likes

They balanced one of the most powerful, and easiest supports in the game.

They raised the skill cap on a hero that previously had no place above gold.

They seem to want an easy way to have a heavy impact on the game, and that simply shouldn’t exist.

They may have the right to complain, that doesn’t mean it’s justified.

56 Likes

Don’t bring symmetras problems into Mercys backyard, mercy is completely fine, sym isn’t.

15 Likes

I don’t mind them raising the skill Ceiling of Sym, I mind that they raised the skill floor all the way up to where that ceiling used to be.

6 Likes

Diehard Symmetra main 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 here.

I like the rework; I think she’s in a better place. I don’t want the lock-on beam. That can be given to a new support hero.

Only things I dislike is that current Sym is still below where she should be in terms of strength, is riddled with bugs, and has completely lost the ability to give shield HP to anyone in some form.

14 Likes

Yeah I gave up after 3.0 release 🤨 Part 3 and Finale: Time To Chill and Drop The Unfinished Hero: Sym (My Last Topic on the Matter; Ex-Sym Main) (Updated)

1 Like

Except they didn’t. Her turrets are easier to place and harder to destroy, her ult isn’t easily found and destroyed anymore, her tp is pretty intuitive, and a beam weapon which becomes increasingly easy to hit and kill with over time, combined with a fast-charging orb that 2-shots squishies… yeah no. They really didn’t unless your aim is nonexistent and you’re in bronze

11 Likes

I mean think of it this way. Let’s say the devs decided to rework genji because something in his kit becomes problematic. Instead of taking the advice of everyone let’s only listen to support mains (because I know how much they love genji) and what they want from a reworked genji. I don’t think genji players would be happy with that outcome no matter how balanced it would be. That’s kinda the issue both characters have ATM

14 Likes

I don’t mind the current Symmetra but would love some tweaks to Symmetra’s utility to bring her dueling speed up.

Sick of turrets taking 1.5 seconds before they even attack, so you can’t use them during a duel, it’s either before it happens or pray that the enemy don’t see them being thrown.

I want to actually be able to enjoy using primary, not have it going for several seconds on someone just to barely get to level two and have one of the 140+ dps a second characters two tap you. Any other character constantly attacking that long with an advantage would win a 2v1.

I want orbs to actually have an effect beyond direct hits. Why even give us splash if it is never used due to the poor af range. I want to hit the floor during a duel so we don’t have to charge up as much, or a wall next to a shielding tank to hit people behind it. Well, you can’t, the orbs are only two meters for splash.

I want a tp that can actually be useful, not take more than three seconds before it can be used, bugs on hills and railings and never places at your feet. Oh yeah, and the interaction radius being so damn small that even if you manage to get a good tp during grav (after the 3+ seconds it takes to set up), half the time it can’t be used right next to you while you bob around.

Also lol, “let’s make Symmetra a dps but give her a support ultimate that’s even more useless than before” Yeah, it can have an impact, but not as much as it should.

2 Likes

I’m fine with a few changes/reverts in Symmetra’s kit, even if it meant moving her to the support role but Mercy I believe is fine.

You do realize that before Ana was gutted and even sometime after (Lucio + Zen), Mercy was considered a trash pick in the high ranks everyone just keeps looking at. She only got extremely Powerful AFTER the rework

6 Likes

Don’t compare Symmetra Mains problems with Mercy Mains , please.

1 Like

You mean… The part you liked the most? The most convenient part?

11 Likes

And remained that way for a long time.

She just lost her identity for me. Mercy still can rez, Torb still can build turrets but Sym was entirely redesigned twice.

1 Like

She seems to be redesigned more then that