Blizzcon is last chance

The LORE in this game is currently at a very bad state. I think they will release a good story or something similar…

I hope so

1 Like

I have to agree with this, Overwatch is such a good game with so many problems that need fixing. Slowly this game has been falling out of intrest for new players and old. This game needs something to reinvigorate everyone and problems, especially competitive, need to get resolved. I love this game and I don’t feel it’s going anywhere, but it needs something to make people interested again. I hope Blizzcon brings more than a new hero and map and we get some substantial updates to the game

afaik = as far as i know.

Hots isnt dead at all

1 Like

They won’t because they’re balancing the game :slight_smile:

Fakenews. The game was better and with a few exceptions that got fixed over time, almost every game was fun to play.

I’ve been around Blizzard forums for a while and the Heroes of the Storm forums have a random dude saying “The game is dying!!!” every other day. Apparently,it’s been like that since the game came out. But it’s still around,it’s getting updates of all kinds and queues don’t take forever,so that’s a good sign.

Same goes for OW. It’s still getting updates of all kinds(balance changes,new maps,heroes,etc). It’s definitely not dying.

And as other people have pointed it out,OW is a Blizzard game. Their games don’t die out so easily. I mean,older games like Diablo 2 are available to purchase still on the BNet Store. StarCraft 1 got remastered a little while ago and it’s getting a lot of support for its Multiplayer. StarCraft 2 came out in 2010 and it’s still getting content in the form of DLC(Co-op Commanders,Warchest stuff). Diablo 3 is still played by many and it’s getting a Switch version soon.

haha it reminds me of that league honest game trailer.

…environments where your champions can do battle like Summoner’s Rift, and the other ones!
FOOTAGENOTFOUND

1 Like

That reminds me,people like to complain about the balance of OW…but oh boy,I played League and that was way worse tbh

There’s a first time for everything.

It won’t be Overwatch, though, not any time soon. I know, many at the forums would like to think so, but it isn’t going to happen.

Having been with Blizzard as a very long-time customer, I’ve seen their Disney-level marketing engine at work. That marketing engine has kept WoW populated and profitable for 14-years, even as Vets at the forums rang the bell and proclaimed its death after LFD was implemented. Then after LFR was implemented. Then after cross-server was implemented. Then after Talent Trees were gutted, reworked, and simplified. Then after D3 stytle world quests were implemented. Then after the Artifact and now Azurite grind was implemented.

And the list goes on.

WoW survived.

Blizzard is just now really reving the marketing juggernaut engine for Overwatch. Just look around at all the new licensing deals, and there will be plenty more to come, bet on it.

Legos. Nerf. Cereal. A supposed Disney channel broadcast of OWL. They’re aiming Overwatch clearly at the kids and family markets. Which has always been Blizzard’s strongest market post-WoW launch.

Overwatch will lose Vets. It’ll lose top-end players in brackets that a majority will never see and queue into anyway, in a game mode that the majority do not play to begin with. But it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

I’m not even a fanboi of Overwatch or current Blizzard, but even I have to admit the above.

1 Like

“Game is dying” - the biggest myth in the overwatch world… this is either your first blizzard game or you just started playing games in general because blizzard games have longevity and this is not what a dying game looks like

1 Like

HWow that’s generous! Id say its the decline into the end is ‘as of now’…but 3 years has been a good run.

The biggest mistake was investing into OWL… too many resources used and lack of content for the actual player base… basic business : always satisfy your core player base as without them… you have nothing.

Also using owl to dictate how ordinary people should be playing the game… we didn’t want to play professionally. We want to play for the fun

Do they really believe the hype of 1 new hero will save the game? I actually am beginning to think they do. I could be totally taken by surprise at blizzcon but I very much doubt it… they seem content with same old same old… which never worked for lady gaga and her outfits and it won’t work for overwatch

1 Like

Diablo 3 was in a really bad spot and close to failing before they took major changes like removing the auction house and adding Reaper of Souls if I remember correctly.

That said, even Blizzard might one day fail with a game and this could very well be Overwatch, because it does have huge problems unlike WoW. I play WoW for 10 years now and it wasn’t always great, especially with WoD but you can see the actual passion the devs put in WoW. Unfortunately I don’t feel that passion in Overwatch. I don’t feel love for this game fromm the devs and I think many think the same and that might be the downfall.

I would love it if they could something similar to dota 2 where you can watch a friend of yours while he plays with a 2 minute delay.

I think RaggTagg said it best in one of his videos, people want the same thrill they got when they first started playing and can’t accept that they just won’t get it. Overwatch is cycling in new players and that’s why the game is doing fine. Of course old players are going to quit for new games, but that doesn’t mean that the game itself is dying.
Side Note: The main idea of what I said relates to what he said in his video, but I didn’t quote it word for word

Overwatch isn’t just an FPS game, Blizzard never wanted to make a typical FPS game.

1 Like

They did not make 400 mil. How much do you think they keep from that?

They had $400 million of revenue from franchise fees. I don’t know what you mean by “keep.” They’re certainly not giving it to charity. The marginal cost for Blizzard to support each additional team is a small fraction of the fee.

Everything gets distributed. You make it sound they just earned a flat 400mil, excluding taxes, avenue payments, hosting etc etc. The total was more than less.