Blizzcon is last chance

If nothing amazing is debuted at Blizzcon for Overwatch this game will probably fall right off the map in 2019.

There really isn’t much else to say. Game is the same it was when it released. Only two game modes with variations for each (arcade doesn’t really count). Every map and hero seems to be worse than the last from the reaction of the community. Competitive is the same despite a lot of people having issues with it. There just isn’t anything interesting to keep me playing for hours.

Other FPS games have different game modes you can queue for if one gets boring. Keeps things fresh in a multiplayer only game. To add to that, there are different ways to play and different things players can do within those modes to have fun. In Overwatch, you must play how the developers want you to.

This game just really needs a breath to revitalize it and make it feel new and interesting again and if Blizzcon doesn’t do it then I don’t think it will remain relevant for much longer.

114 Likes

How does it not count?

16 Likes

Pretty sure league hasn’t changed much since it was released, and it literally only has 1 game mode and 1 map.

12 Likes

In what universe does arcade not count as different modes?

20 Likes

Hate to break it to you but I highly doubt this game is going to fall anytime soon.

45 Likes

I was going to say that. Like it or not, this is a Blizzard title. And Blizzard titles never die or fall.

8 Likes

Exactly, people have said WoW is dead or dying since vanilla, but here we are 14 years later and the game is still going pretty strong. The same type of people are saying the same thing about Overwatch now lol.

Even the Warcraft RTS games are still pretty popular and have a lot of people playing them (thanks to addons), and they were released in the 90s. Blizzard even updates them still to make sure the games are optimized and balanced.

Blizzard games never truly die.

2 Likes

Ow isn’t going anywhere lol

2 Likes

WoW 2018: 4 million daily users, AFAIK.
It was pronounced deader than dead by computer mags in 2011.

8 Likes

4 million daily? That’s more than some games sell copies lmao.

3 Likes

“We spent 3 years destroying the heroes you loved to play and squandering the faith and goodwill of the community. Why nobody play our game no more?”

25 Likes

Dude, 4 million daily users playing on a 14 year old game is not a dead game.

4 Likes

That’s my POINT. :slight_smile:

(extra characters)

2 Likes

Exactly.

OW will be around for 10+ more years.

1 Like

nah, just keep balancing and we’ll keep playing

Exactly. And Vets will depart, sometimes in frustration, and new people will arrive. Blizzard is Disney-level with marketing and licensing prowess, and they know how to cycle a game like that.

I’ve been a Blizzard player (obviously, not only Blizzard games) for 24-years. I saw them before WoW, and I’ve been here through it all after WoW launched and aged 14-years later.

And guess what? Look around. The Overwatch licensing juggernaut is just now really getting started. The same type of marketing juggernaut that propelled WoW.

2 Likes

Still pretty unfortunate when they drop 90% of their usage like StarCraft II. This game could easily fall pretty far to where GM queues take 20 minutes on average. Depending on the time of day they already do.

2 Likes

I suppose if you count it in conjunction with the time scale blizzard have actually had to add new modes that are in rotation for things like competitive and such then you could consider it “pathetic” and thus doesn’t really count if they aren’t part of the standard competitive/quickplay rotation.

Arcade is just for the odd laugh thats it really.

8 new teams agreed to pay around a $50 million franchise fee apiece to join OWL, so there’s a cool $400 million they just made. These lame “Overwatch is dying” threads really have no basis in reality.

10 Likes

I’m not trying to be shady but I’m in the same boat.

I am sick of the IMMENSE apathy of the development team, their lack of response to core issues discussed for months and the balance decisions that have been made. How many megathreads have we had on Mercy at this point?

It is honestly very disappointing and almost heartbreaking to know the effort and compassion put into those threads has likely gone unread by ANYONE at blizzard. And if even read, they certainly weren’t listened to in any capacity.

It’s sad when I care more about this game than the team. And that’s HONESTLY how I feel at this point.

It’s sad when I pull out more stats than the team. It’s sad when I pull out more math than the team and I can objectively prove Mercy is not doing well.

If Blizzcon doesn’t announce something significant and Mercy doesn’t see signfiicant changes I’m done too.

There are plenty of games that want me playing, lots of games that want my money. It may be time to revisit Destiny or a different game.

I’ve been falsely banned from these forums at this point. I’ve been ripped apart and torn down by this community, I’ve gotten terrible customer service at times that includes lack of spelling and grammar.

I’m at the edge of just being over it. Blizzcon will determine if I continue or uninstall.

I quit world of warcraft and haven’t looked back for well over a year now. And no I am really not buying BFA. Blizzard lost my patronage on that game completely.

Overwatch is on it’s last line for me. I’ve been betrayed by this game on so many levels.

12 Likes