Blizzcon is last chance

Yeah… Fortnite will disappear in a year or two. The Battle Royal craze will wane as well; I mean the CoD “thing” has already been shown to be a huge disappointment so far.

2 Likes

XD we being all the people who bought the game for the charcters and story, which happens to be a whole lot.

And also the people who are unhappy with the state of the game, and where it’s heading, this event shows it even more.

This isn’t just me at all lol. And I’ve also never said any update is make or break. I’ve said this since ealrier this year, blizzcon is the last hope for a lot of the fan base.

If you enjoy the game and think it will live one forever then good, all the better for it👌

I really hope this game ends soon. This game is no where near as fun as it used to be, couple years back.

I bought the game because of the Christmas comic and Tracer “coming out”. Still, it turns out the game, lore aside, is still damn good.

To you it might be, heck when it came out, it was amazing.

I wish it was like that again, Christmas 2016 was amazing as well.

But for me, and for a lot of people, the game isn’t anything like it used to be, and lore is at a full stop. And now content isn’t a focus anymore, even though it never was XD.

The game is good, no it’s excellent, but blizz needs to build off it.

It won’t die anytime soon though☝️

But it will lose a lot of players, it already has.

3 Likes

The SA servers are exactily like this,you dont have a high sr queue,thats why everyone has smurfs,this game is not dead for sure,but its very stale,blizz need to do something to increase the interrest in the game,mainly for the casual players.

1 Like

I dont think the “dead” is like literal,like closing servers like paragon “rip paragon,we all miss you”, but more in a way of such a low interest in the game that no one besides the vets and the hardcore fans give a care.

Yes, but vets and hardcore fans can still keep the franchise alive and well (once again, eg: Starcraft)

Overwatch will still be alive but that’s mostly hardcore fans who don’t get bored of the base game without new content or newcomers who are trying out the game for the first time.

Fans who want new content may be out of luck. But BlizzCon will (assuming) be able to tell the future of Overwatch.

1.7kk according to weakauras twitter

BFA is disaster, just read forums

It will probably be the standard reveal new hero and reveal new map, like every year. Why would they suddenly release a faster rate of content the older a game is? 3 years is pretty good for a non-subscription game, but their prized pony is now the next Diablo game and it’s time to pass the baton.

It’s getting a new game mode with new ost. It gets constant events and animated shorts. It’s always changing

1 Like

If this were true, I’d still be playing it.
That’s the sad part.

1 Like

Well Minecraft is a paid game and it’s alive for an huge amount of time

Play of the Game
S H U T D O W N and S H A R P S H O O T E R

Yeah no, the MMO mentality of “omg if they dont release an expansion this game is dead” is not aplicable here.

PS: WoW has been “dying” for more than 5 years so, good luck OW Doomsayers.

1 Like

hasnt changed much, yet they patch more often, change more things, compeltely change the meta (on purpose) at LEAST twice per year, Riot is coming out with a new gamemode, events are more frequent than OW, more variety in champions and the 2 permanent gamemodes are similar yet different, not just similar (no limits/mystery heroes)

there are always atleast 21 people to pick from that change weekly, and you can add to your hero pool. they stick to the idea of champions after reworks (unlike symmetra, dva and mercy)

and they arent afraid to change the game and really spice stuff up.

1 Like

Nope game is not dieing by any chance. That being said I do agree game became stale unpleasant experiance. At least for me. I expected devs to add more gamemodes to “standart” mode or at least some variations of current ones. We did get wacky arcades that give new spins but they are just gimmick modes.

Does this game need “expansion”? Depends on what you mean by that. I bet noone would bat an eye if they sell single, maybe coop, player campaing as separate DLC (okay maybe there would be someone calling them on that). It would be nice enjoyable addition but it wouldn’t add to core game.

The past year has destroyed my trust and goodwill for the developers. They destroyed the the hero I specifically got the game to play with a rework that EVERYONE hates, and then quarantined all feedback about it in megathreads that they never read. If they really cared about the playerbase, they would have listened to us when told them we don’t want this rework back when it first hit PTR.

They’d better pull a miracle out of their butts at blizzcon. If they just release a new hero/map, I’ll assume that they’re more concerned about THE GLORIOUS LEAGUE than the actual game.

5 Likes

Snake, this is your last chance. Show your patriotism.