Blizzard team is "abandonning" the community on forums

Correct

Also correct

If I were at blizzard why would I listen to people who don’t understand the game calling for developers to be fired because they went on a loss streak

Yeah the forums rarely have feedback. It’s just someone making a misinformed rant about whatever a streamer said is OP.
Or it’s people saying the game is dead

They can’t balance the game.

*checks latest youtube comments in the past month*

The lie detector tests say that the CMs are a LAH!

In what way is the game not balanced. Every hero is playable. We have stronger heroes like Ana or soldier obviously but overall the game is pretty good balance wise rn

While I agree, going radio silent gives the toxicity a monopoly. This is a chicken or the egg problem. Their silence makes even people who supported OW2 in the early days, tilt too.

For people who are wondering where “negative” & “minority” came from.

I’m saying the community managers can’t balance the game, because that’s not their job.

1 Like

They don’t even listen to the content creators that they invite for a Beta, so why would they listen to us?

How many youtubers said that Lifeweaver felt clunky/weak and they still released him in a bad state

1 Like

You wouldn’t… but if you understood feedback and forums you’d also know that not every negative post was that and there is value in people complaining no matter how inarticulate they are about it.

Sure there’s some pretty ridiculous takes and some extreme negativity… but turning the forums into the black hole of “go there and yell into the void” it’s become is entirely their fault.

Other game forums consist of the exact same people (lets not pretend OW players are any sort of unique breed) yet foster different levels and quality of interaction depending on how it’s managed by the CMs and Devs.

I think dismissal of the people who seek out some way of providing feedback and discussion is a mistake and one of the obvious signs the people making and supporting this game are losing sight of the whole idea of what a video game is for or at least what they used to be for.

2 Likes

They literally changed his control scheme after releasing him. Changes take time dude especially across 4 different platforms with different controllers. Also updates need to be approved by consoles before they can be rolled out

No there is not

Go to the main page and find the percentage of posts that are negative. And then out of the negative posts find how many are productive in anyway

Most games do not pay attention to forums anymore

Most of the people on here need to be dismissed. Good constructive posts are drowned out by crying babies that don’t like the game yet still keep playing.

I miss when Jeff would roll In Here spitting facts at the neh sayers and shutting them up. Those were great times. If it wasn’t for that hanzo would still have tree trunk projectiles with no argument.

The forums have been especially whiney/inflammatory lately. I’d abandon this community too lmao

2 Likes

Have you seen the posts here? I mean, there are some gems, but you’d have to sift through so much trash to find anything of value. I’d abandon this aspect of the community too.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair to say that the outspoken forum is the minority for the simple reason we don’t know what the unspoken majority is thinking. They haven’t told us or Blizzard.

This entire thread makes me wants to start drinking bleach

Blizzard probably feels the same

1 Like

Are they wrong though? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Nice participation to the thread. Don’t forget to close the bottle when you’re done.

1 Like

Besides the fact that y’all give way too much people to the same people who started OW2, overhyped it and then abandoned it, they were always attacked by ppl on the forums for things like balance and creative decisions (particularly with OWL).

I am not surprised that the new team doesn’t want to interact with y’all.

idk about community managers but i can tell you the moderators definitive can’t handle criticism.