From now on your opinions dont matter in the forums

I mean he wasn’t lying….the forums have only ever represented a small portion of community……and it is full of biases (that everyone is oblivious too)

I wouldn’t say they don’t matter…but their value is probably way lower than people on here would want to believe

It is what it is :man_shrugging:t2:

40 Likes

Pfft… As if they ever did.

7 Likes

What is the value of the forums exactly? People here probably playing more and care more about the game than average, also everything said here are biases? that’s good to know!
Yes they don’t matter, either you care about all of them either you don’t and say it clearly the forums don’t matter just like the post! I wonder where they get feedback and advice for the game then, wait they don’t actually, because they don’t care! That’s why this game gonna fail just like ow, keep not listening to the real players.

3 Likes

I wish people would actually listen to this.
But I bet you’ll have the same forum whiners, doom and gloomers, hitscan haters, fps OW2 haters, making the same threads over and over Non-Stop tomorrow, and the next day and the next.

2 Likes

A place to talk about OW….

They’re not THE voice of the community

5 Likes

I’ve said this in previous threads (months ago at this point), but it bears repeating: just because a minority of players ever even look at the forums, doesn’t mean they’re not valuable in their own way, at least as a representation of a certain kind of player’s experience

I understand that folks don’t like hearing that a negative reaction from the forums was anticipated, and probably don’t like it more when they here us essentially say that we considered it an acceptable risk

Support a Streamer is new grounds for us. There was a zero sum possibility that this activation wasn’t going to upset some folks. Concerns like this are always raised during the planning of events like this, and we weigh it together with the needs of the business, the needs of the broader community (of which content creators are part of), and the needs of the team. Time will be the ultimate judge of if this activation is successful or not (I certainly hope it is), and you can rest assured that the salient points of feedback from community and creators alike will be factored into any future iterations.

78 Likes

It’s for players to chat with each other i guess. that’s all. This is really an echo chamber.

What do you mean ‘real players’?!

2 Likes

I really will be interested to see how this goes once you get results from the broader community (and not just this hivemind lol) I will say looking at YouTube reaction videos form content creators involved, they seem super stoked about this. I know not all of them make XQC money so it really means a lot to them, especially the ones that want OW to do well

1 Like

You all know what I think of a lot of Blizzards decisions as of late. But in this case we’re shooting the messenger here. Andy Just has the unenviable task of dealing with the forum backlash.

We are not the entire community, and we’re not happy with it, but they will have to wait until they see how everyone responds to this idea before they make a judgement on how it went.

9 Likes

And people here wonder why Blizzard rarely posts in the forums. I wouldn’t either if all they were going to get was analyzed, picked apart and complained to.

Too bad that the majority of the forum doesn’t represent all of us. OH well.

Cheers to AndyB for trying at least. Game on.

9 Likes

Exactly.

I’d not want to deal with this. Imagine completely expecting backlash from the forums only to be proven completely right then having to explain the decision making here.

For the main post, no one place where overwatch opinions can be posted is meaningless. We wouldn’t be getting a response at all if that were the case.

5 Likes

To be fair, the part that’s getting picked apart and complained about could’ve been worded a little bit more softly.

It also could have been harsher…

You can’t post soft enough with this crowd. May as well own it.

1 Like

True but that’s not something I’d ever expect a community manager to say lol. Also the irony being that thread was over the controversy of the Brig skin being acquired via twitch donation. Twitch viewers being maybe a similar 1% of the community?? :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Part of being a CM is not pissing people off more than is absolutely necessary.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we have one who talks to us again, but surely you can see why that particular wording might’ve been taken negatively by some.

5 Likes

Oh of course it was taken negatively. But most of the time they could say practically ANYTHING and SOMEONE will take it negatively. It happens all the time on this forum and others in the Blizzard gaming community.

Not to mention, some people can’t face truths, and some can’t handle criticism.

Goes back to the old saying. You can’t please everyone.

1 Like

He’s simply speaking the truth of the matter here. I tend to think people need to hear things like this from time to time

5 Likes

I didn’t claim otherwise. All I was saying was that the choice of words when speaking the truth matters.

One of the things I always disliked about OW dev interviews and articles is how politically correct and non-offensive they try to be with their answers.

I like more direct and in your face answers even if it might offend some people.
And I always read between the lines and told the forums exactly what they were trying to say yet I always got hate for it lol.
Even though I was right most of the time.

3 Likes

I was quite surprised you came out with that response so bluntly :slight_smile:

yes, it will be

and when the inevitable “mission accomplished” blog post goes up we’ll be able to validate it (as the twitch numbers are public)

I certainly hope it isn’t, because getting us to directly pay your marketing expenses is despicable

and I suspect it’s a harbinger of more bright ideas coming soon…

26 Likes