Blizzard please keep classic comp

Probably, which is why it was tucked away, so you don’t heavily segment the playerbase. And the focus of Overwatch is around 222 so putting them side by side makes it seem like they’re equivalent to each other which isn’t intended.

1 Like

Can you separate the console player base by region too?

It’d be interesting to see if there’s any correlation between regions like PC has :thinking:

Hey Jeff I kno it’s kinda not relevant to convo (I’m super sorry for being that guy) but any chance you guys would extend sale of All-Star Doomfist skin b/c of Covid pandemic?

I couldn’t make it to my PC in time b/c of all the commotion and would love to purchase it. I’m a huge OW fan and long-term player and always plan on playing man.

Would it be possible for us to see the stats before this goes away? As in beginning hype versus sustained? I know you guys will probably decide what to do with it after seeing the sustained numbers but the community would appreciate seeing the results as well.

3 Likes

I played this quite a lot today and yesterday and I realized that many comps are actually viable. We actually won a round once with 6 healers! It was crazy fun. Also the occasional 4 DPS or 3 tanks is something fun and different too. It makes you realize how 2-2-2 matches ALWAYS have the same tempo and round flow to them.

3 Likes

Buff D.Va.

3 Likes

2-2-2 restricts the possibility of carrying your team. I can finally carry my team as Sombra because I can punish the 3-4 DPS that try to overextend. 2-2-2 limits that because everyone is on even playing field.

I would imagine it’s people playing on a second account bought for switch to mess around with :man_shrugging:t2:

Plz keep it permanent. Remove the SR and keep it in arcade. Balance the game only for 2-2-2. Let this mode be only for those who wish to play only DPS, Those who prefer to have fun, those who are new to comp.

Workshop has the same functionality across all platforms right? Don’t think that was ever asked.

dva doesn’t need buffs

1 Like

I’ll never play it but I agree Blizzard should keep open queue ranked for those that don’t care about guaranteed balanced team comps

How can you wonder when the stats were from? It has to be Tuesday or Wednesday, since they introduced open queue on Tuesday. It’s likely Wednesday so they could get a whole day of stats in. The arcade modes match up to what was available Wednesday.

That’s mostly a question of matchmaker quality vs queue times. (And mostly only an issue at the highest skill tiers)

And you would think it would be worth the tradeoff.

Or at least to get some data about it.

Since the whole franchise is dead if they can’t resolve queue times before Overwatch 2 comes out.

Would you mind updating this chart as time goes on?

I’m personally very intrigued as to how the new superior game mode will play out stat wise

2 Likes

Overwatch as a whole amassed 50million. I highly doubt 50 million people have switch to begin with idk just a guess. ik for a fact that overwatch as whole amassed 50mill sales and are about to hit 60 mill

Superior till you encounter the triple shield :joy:

1 Like

I know switch alone doesnt have 50 million but they announced that with the release on overwatch on the switch they hit 50 million copies sold (the last number we got was 40 million)

Overwatch is way more chaotic than Pubg or Apex. Battle royale gameplay is pretty slow and strategic actually.

It would be great if you could give us a similar chart but for number of distinct players who played in each mode during the same period.