Blizzard please keep classic comp

Man all the people who said QP was the main, most played game mode have been blown out of the water.

4 Likes

Whilst you’re showing us some statistics, could you show us hero pickrates per rank? You showed us this a long time ago and it would be nice to see updated statistics.

2 Likes

This is really cool to see!! I find it particularly interesting how the Workshop and Mystery Heroes varies, and both Quickplays being about the same on KR. I’d be really curious to see stats from more than just a day.

I thought it would be too. He did say he pulled it from a day, but I wonder when, as it could have been at the start or end of a season or recently with echo included, or if this is typical.

Is there any plans to make it without the official hero pool rotation?

2 Likes

Give them time to tune Echo for it.

Interesting to see that Korea has the highest Ranked open queue percentage.

Not a big surprise though considering how much Korean people aspire to become the skillful one man carry machine playing DPS, which imo is more plausible in open queue.

Note: Yes, I am Korean.

9 Likes

Jeff, Can you give us any info on OW2?

That’s a statement from Jeff himself about overall trends. This is a capture of a single day.

Also he said back then that QP had the most players, but people spent the most time in comp.

2 Likes

Could you show stats of the workshop custom games again?

I think you’d get a lot more people playing both QPClassic and OpenQueue, if they were featured side by side of the normal queues.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeightySpitefulHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ActiveNiftyIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

And each game of QPC or OpenQueue could easily soak up 6-10DPS players per game. (Including those that intended to play DPS, but ended up filling on Tank or Healer)

And besides, look at Apex/PubG/FortNite/WarZone. What they all have in common is that while they are battle royales, they are all fast queue times and somewhat chaotic games.
So clearly there’s a lot of FPS players that want that sort of playstyle, if 4 separate games can be supported off of it.

4 Likes

moar stats jeff please!!

1 Like

switch is the newest platform with the lowest population above level 25. the other platforms have had 4 years to build an eligible competitive playerbase.

48 Likes

Posted this months ago, so glad that it’s actually happening. FeelsGoodMan

I’m so delighted to be able to play real Overwatch Comp once more!!!

You guys have made my year!!!

3 Likes

No limits competitive season. Please :pray:t2:

4 Likes

I love comp open queue. It feels interesting again with so many different compositions unlike the stale 2/2/2 format.

The game feels more lethal and your expression of skill is rewarded as there is less barrier stacking in open queue. People are not afraid to play double off-tank because they know 2 off-tanks tanks (or tanks known for being lethal) + 3 dps +1 moira outputs enough dmg +sustain to counter shield stacking

6 Likes

do you think you’d be able to tell as an approximate of how many of the players are above level 25? last I heard switch brought total sales to 50 million but how many really was that?

Edit: My friend told me to tell you if you think mercy needs buffs

Thank you for sharing the data with us! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

i saw that you fiend!