Blizzard not listening to Community feedback

I mean if you bothered yourself to watch emongs stream yesterday you’d see developers reading players questions and answering them and explaining why somethings can’t be done… but yeah.

No offense. It’s easy to say you listen and read feeback, but doing so is a diffrent story.

They can say they read our feeback all the time, and it proves nothing. It’s just talk

That’s all the devs do. Is talk

3 Likes

I mean there’s no way to prove that Jeff does or doesn’t read the forums, but my opinion is based on what I saw when he was on Emongg and Fran’s streams. That was a format which was very quick and open, with a constant stream of questions coming in. Jeff didn’t really sugarcoat or give non-answers, and it seems like he has a good bead on what the community is saying.

Feel free to disagree, but that’s my take on things.

You can’t look at the posts read anymore, not since I made a feedback thread calling them out on it

1 Like

So. Like I said. He went on some dudes stream and said he reads it. Doesnt mean he does.

Let’s leave it there

1 Like

For someone who claims to have read the Mercy feedback, he really doesn’t know what the Mercy players are saying. They want Mercy to be fun; OP as hell or the worst hero in the game don’t come in with that. The best way to play current Mercy is to be a wallflower, with all the impact that you have on a match.

3 Likes

That is true. They could take away rez, but make her fun. I’ll be happy

It’s not spreading so much as it’s a company wide issue. You’ve got the same complaints in Wow too with missing feedback.

Nah, I used to think that was the case. But, after digging around more, the decisions don’t match any pattern or combination of patterns. You’ll find pro’s that have reported a bug weeks in advance that still got blown off and changes that catch basically everyone by surprise. The competitive part of the game thinks the Casual’s have the ear of the developers and the casuals thinks the competitive players do and many times the decisions one section blames on the other aren’t what the other wanted at all.

Both Geoff and Jeff talked about Mercy recently. Neither really actually acknowledged in the slightest where much of the disagreement with their decision making comes from. It was just some people liked hiding and some people want her to be overpowered and some people want her to be useless.

2 Likes

I agree that fun should be right up at the top of the list when it comes to dev priorities, but what exactly does that look like for Mercy? It’s easy to say “we want her to be fun”, but that doesn’t help the devs in any tangible way.

For me, I’ve always loved Mercy for her mobility. Guardian Angel’ing around the map is fun as honk. Being able to respond to teammates in need is fun as honk. Resurrect has always felt a little cheesy in my book, and was never the thing about her that I had any strong feelings on one way or another, but GA definitely was.

I’m just saying that the Mercy crowd seems to nebulously shift their desires pretty frequently. I don’t mean that they should all be a hive mind and think the same thing, but asking for a hero to be fun is just… what is that. It’s not useful.

That’s the issue. They don’t want balance. Balance and viability will always trump fun. She is getting a buff and hopefully she will be viable and balanced. Then those who find her fun can play her and those who don’t can play someone else.

You should read some of the feedback too then. Yes, there is a Revert crowd. I am in that crowd. But there are hundreds of different ideas to rework Mercy with and without Rez in the megathreads and within the forums.

The only thing that shifts is the majority solution to the problem, which is fair. But the idea remains constant; Mercy isn’t fun to play now. Her ult is too weak compared to that of other supports, Rez sucks all the fun out of her kit by being a self-imposed CC and has too much power tied up in it.

If this were the case, Mercy, who was balanced and Viable last year, would never have been reworked to begin with.

6 Likes

You mean the 50 healing in Valkyrie going back up to 60?
Not REALLY a buff… It still is useless to Winston’s M1, much less focused fire (which has been a complaint for months).

5 Likes

Dont forget that amazing charge rate is now up. So now we can have that amazing ult faster…cause it was great before???

I’d honestly hazard a guess those accounts are mainly used for posting. They probably read through other admin accounts

1 Like

It’s actually still slower. They had a 17% healing nerf and only decreased the requirement by 15%

1 Like

Can’t heal as much, due to it getting Nerfed to 50, so they had to do something. It took too long to charge, not that the Ult is good for keeping teammates alive like Lucio’s or Zenyatta’s Ults. Best 2 things it is good for now a days are Damage Boosting, less than Orisa’s Drum (and Orisa can still shoot while Drum is active). Then there is going full on Battle Mercy, with slow bullets.

I’m sorry 50 is less than 60? Weird I could have sworn it was more. Guess I’ll just go back to kindergarten.

Sorry, I didn’t mean it to sound like that. Although, with the way they are trying to Balance Mercy maybe they should…

Oh, I’ve read plenty of Mercy threads. As you said, there are thousands of suggestions that have been made. Plenty of them are interesting, however a lot of these suggestions are just… I won’t say bad, but they’re unrealistic.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with talking about giving Mercy new abilities with new mechanics and new interactions, but I think it’s pretty clear that these kind of reworks are Blizzard’s absolute last resort, and are only employed when nothing else works.

Some suggestions are more realistic, but I think a large percentage of Mercy threads are so concerned with presenting something new that they create these insanely complex reworks that really aren’t of any use to the devs.

You said you’re in the revert crowd, and I respect that. Is the thing that would make Mercy fun again mass rez? I see most advocates of that also advocate for restrictions like LoS and so forth, but is it specifically mass rez that made Mercy fun?

1 Like

They do lmao.

<How do you do this thing?>