Blizzard being hypocritical about skins

I am surrounded by Zoomers and Millenials, and I monitor for lingo. But yep, born in 1965, first game rig - Atari 2600 in oh, I think 1978. There are OG gamers… then there are OG Gamers… I recall when PC’s had no sound cards, no video accelerators, and so on. Hell I remember before PC’s… well before.

It’s a sport looking up all their “dank memes” and so on. I work in IT which helps.

1 Like

FOMO is an anti consumer practice and the fact that they are demonstrating that they are not used anti consumer practices is a positive not a negative.

How do you know that it will be the same for ow2?

Kinda weird distinction to make tbh. Prestige titles are one thing but RNG locked items are worse imho. I farmed rares and dungeon/raid mounts, I know that.

I agree that putting an item for a time limited value, claiming its “now or never” and then releasing them back is a scam. Time limited items are not a scam though.

Right back at ya buddy, you are the one who threw the blanket statement not me.

See? It wasnt hard at all. IDK why some people get so worked up the moment someone challenges a claim … on a discussion forum :thinking:

:wave:

I would absolutely love it if you never quoted or replied to a post of mine again. Yes.

Because you’re challenging pedantic and superficial garbage.

You dont control my forum usage mate, but thanks for the suggestion.

Wops someone is triggered. Forums have tools, if you dont like anyone discussing your posts, you should use them. Its all said and done now.

I tire of people being disingenuous argument hounds who need to win. Thank you I will.

I am hip in that sense- Gen-Xer’s are not Boomers. My wife does not always appreciate some the humor now that I do, like Rick & Morty or Pantsahat.

I always edit because I tend to leave out my thoughts or plain mistype.

I assure you it will always be on some level this way. It always has been.

LOL.

Ehhh… well, you go with the times to a point, a mixture of old and new. My wife is mostly okay with it, but might give me a look when I say “bruh, I need those waffles in my life” :laughing:

There is a certain satisfaction in reminding Zoomers they will be mocked endlessly in time - all generations face it if you live long enough to see it. Statistically some won’t another joyous fact to remind them of. Take an audience of 100 and then do a statistically likely outcome of deaths within 20 years… its an eye-opener.

Do you know the story of the Monkeys (sometimes gorillas) in the cage with the bananas on one side?

Cause “that’s how it’s always been done here” is one of the dumber reasons I’ve ever heard for something being OK.

Just because something is used a lot, or accepted by many people as a necessary evil does not make the evil or crappy part of it less, it just means people apathy-ed their way into a crap situation.

Do I think I’m Sparticus spearheading the revolution? Naw. I’m someone in a room somewhere who likes video games. Never going to accept it as OK though.

Just like one company absolutely hoarding and monopolizing diamonds to make them “precious” is a crap thing to do, FOMO in a video game where there isn’t even a physical cost is pretty bad. Objectively it is a greedy thing. You are doing it simply because it makes you more money.

And yeah… companies exist to make money but this really does not mean we should just give them the greenflag to keep running through whatever manipulative junk they want to do so.

I do not mock the young, I hope that they can learn from my stupidity… and at the same time understand they probably won’t cause I didn’t learn from those before me.

Am I missing something?

I’m not at home. Did OWL skins become available again?

New Vault release coming up. Not sure on details but they’re out there in another thread.

Blurgh:

I do not particularly agree with the OP’s sentiment.

1 Like

Yay! I got Rein, Dva and Doom with the last vault release. Keen to see what available!

1 Like

Its basically a lose-lose scenario:

• If they dont bring OWL skins back, they are scum because many new players didnt have the chance bla bla
  • If they bring them back, they are scammers because they advertised them as time limited etc

Since they are losing anyways, this second option at least gives them money I guess? :rofl:

2 Likes

It is ok to not agree with my sentiment! It is a highly petty and inmature sentiment ahahhaa.

What new players exactly? There are none since 2018

Oh you can insert any excuse or reason to bash them for not bringing OWL skins back:
New players, People that didnt have OWL tokens but now they have, people that didnt know they were time limited and only have half of them … you should know people dont run out of excuses to complain about things :sunglasses:

The reason is it’s human nature - since the first person traded with another. FOMO is just how it will be, because its an effective tactic in trade.

Murder.

Murder.

Murder. It’s the same problem, it exists and always will because of human nature. I know people sometimes hate this discussion, but they know deep down it’s true. Thing are the way they are in large part due to just that base expression. Sure you can push the beast back in the cage, mollify it to a certain level, but you will never tame it unless you flat out turn it into something else.

Stop there. Whatever else is seen in that light.

When they mock the old it’s reasonable. First part of growing up is accepting mockery is an age-old thing. I am careful to remind them that ageism is great, its the one prejudice that will always come back to haunt you.

Are you implying we regularly let people get away with murder because it’s ubiquitous?

I’m relatively sure we don’t allow murder. It’s against many many laws in several countries.

nnno. That’s the entire point I’m making. just because they exist to make money does not give them carte blanche to go about it in any way they can.

Congratulations on participating in perpetuating hate then I guess.

1 Like

Should have bought NFT skins then.

Just because something is seen a lot in the industry doesn’t mean its ok. Its a system designed to make customers feel rushed and axietious, its by the book anti consumer.

1 Like