Blizz listen... Mercy Players are talking to you

Everyone’s just over reacting. It’s a nerf to her healing output. They haven’t killed her, she’s still a good healer stop being sheep and listening to Youtubers say ‘SHES DEAD’. She is not. She is still viable. She is still good.

1 Like

Resurrect is more fun because it gives the player a “super hero” moment. Feeling like they saved the day. When you use valkyrie, yes your beams are extending to more people but it’s the same healing and the same damage boost, I wish at least the beams would not target more than one player but would be freaking 3-4 times more powerful. Then at least you’d have to heal the right people at the right moment.

When you used resurrect, your team had a second chance and usually it was also the moment Mercy got her “On fire” meter full so every sound effect would play at the same time and you’d feel like a hero.

Nowadays not so much. You’re comparing hiding before an ultimate (something not everyone did) to an actual ultimate. Of course USING valkyrie is more fun than doing nothing. USING resurrect felt much better.

2 Likes

^^
And who said we listened to Youtubers? If anyone is listening to them it’s you since you’re also most likely one of the many people who still thinks she’s powerful, fun, and needs to be nerfed a LOT.

Explain the Moira/Ana meta then? :thinking::thinking:

You’re one of those sheep that just listen to whatever your favourite Youtuber says the meta is? The ‘Meta’ dosen’t even effect players below Masters. No one actually plays ‘dive’ or whatever. You play whatever comp you want with no structure. Sure you can have the heroes to run dive, but 9 times out of 10 they don’t actually play dive.

Heroes recieve the smallest changes (Moira) and then everyone’s like, ‘SHE’S META OMG, MERCY IS DEAD’. No. Mercy is still a good healer.

The words ‘revert Mercy’ don’t count…

No, I actually don’t watch a lot of stuff on Youtube because of all the toxicity we get as Mercy mains.

It actually does sometimes, I’ve seen a lot of Sombra, and less Mercy and I’m low diamond. (In the few games I’ve played this season)

I also had to swap from Mercy to Moira because I was unable to output the healing needed. These nerfs are much more then you think they are. I go over a lot of this here:

Because while it may be fun for a Mercy player to try to do to get PoTG with or “big pats on the back” from the team, the others that needed healing we’re sacrificed for the sake of maybe trying to pull off the 6 man Rez without having Mercy dying and kind of is a bit risky and both selfish?

Especially when those few teammates might have been able to do some good damage meanwhile and/or push that payload. I get the whole “It was better in the end for the team as it’s a free instant respawn” but sometimes, it just sucked watching with the hopes it goes through as the whole team relies now on Mercy and that’s not really fair gameplay in my eyes.

You will see a lot of heroes that get buffed, but at the end of the day not much has actually changed. Most of it gets over hyped. When people start getting used to a heroes buff their pick rate will drop back down. Mercy’s will go back up.

Yeah and do you know why, take a good guess, I’ll even give you some extra time

Because she’s still viable, and people are over reacting.

Wrong, resurrect ;D

I also go over it quite a bit on that thread, please read it if you’re going to reply to me again.

Resurect is a different topic. Fact is, people are over reacting and listening to youtubers like Stylosa too much and as we know. Whatever they say the meta is, the meta is.

As I said before, read the thread and understand a bit more, I go a lot more in detail there.

I really cba. I don’t care about Mercy as I don’t main her. I’m telling you that her pick rate will be back up in a couple weeks and nothing would have changed.

Reminder that believe it or not, there are 27 other heroes for you to play.

Except she wasn’t meta at all until her rework. And before you say something, “meta” is what the professionals play and is essentially “what is the easiest mechanic we can abuse to win as easily as possible”. Thats what a meta is. Beyblade, GravDragon, you name it, the metas revolved around finding something to abuse to maximum effect. Sadly, Resurrect as an Ultimate was not abusable (Again, not her SR problem but with the meta). It was a bad ultimate that resulted in her dying to use it and the only way to make it work was to grant invulnerability so she could stay with her team using it. Obviously, this meant there was no longer counterplay and it was too powerful (and even then, she was still picked just as often as Symmetra). Look at the statistics. Before Ana, Mercy was the only “main” healer so whether she was absolute trash or amazing she was going to be picked (not to mention Zenyatta had 150HP). Since Ana and before Mercy’s rework, Mercy was almost never used in tournaments. Most revolved around Ana or Lucio but never Mercy.

Ultimately, what we can learn from her rework is that a tempo rez is much more powerful than a Mass Rez but giving invulnerability to something so game changing is problematic while not giving it some protection makes it unreliable as even when used, you are just giving ult charge to the enemy team again. Especially now, hiding and Rezzing is only encouraged even more.

On another note, Mercy’s Resurrect right now is the only ability in the game with 2 debilitating effects imposed to grant a game-changing effect, the only other abilities to do that are ultimates.

2 Likes

Whos fault is that? You got baited if you used every ultimate to do that. That was its design. It was meant to undo ultimates. An ult or an ult. And if you used more, then thats on you. If you grav and barrage but dont kill the Zenyatta who uses Transcendence and he undid your combo, that was your fault. The Zenyatta did what he was supposed to.

1 Like

1 ult should’nt be able to undo 3 ults. It was way too OP. People complain about just taking Mercy’s Res away, and you want her old Ult back? Lmao

Sits patiently in the corner still waiting for Ana to get mobility and/or Self Healing

Zenyatta and Lucio say hi.

Where did you play, Bronze? Resurrect as an ultimate before invulnerability was the worst ultimate in the game. WHy do you think they had to buff it 3 times?

First: Give Mercy movement while using it (before she remained still and was easily killed, leaving her team without a main healer and in prime position to be killed again)

Second: Reduce respawn time from 3 seconds to 2.25 seconds (even with the first buff, she still couldnt get value out of rez because her team would take too long to return

Third: Invulnerability (this is where the problem was and was what made it extremely powerful but the problems remained. You’ve just brought back your team exactly where they died and have given the enemy more than 2 seconds to set up).

Her old Ultimate was bad and I dont want it back because of that. The potential it had is good on paper but doesnt quite work. Its the equivalent of communism; sounds good but really isnt.